+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship along with Open Work Permit

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Hello All,

I am planning to file Inland spousal PR under Family Class along with open work Permit Application.

My spouse is currently in the country on TRV.

What are the forms I would need to submit for Open work permit application?

Is it that the whole application package needs to be submitted or just the form IMM5710?

Are there any additional documents that are required to be submitted?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks Wakki, that was quite useful.

Do we need to submit all the forms from the application package for OWP along with the spousal sponsorship application or just the IMM5710?

The other forms include IMM5556 and IMM5409.

Thanks
Your sponsorship with OWP application package you send to IRCC should include the forms and supporting documents in these 2 checklists;

OWP:
Spousal Sponsorship:
The application package for OWP along with the spousal sponsorship application should be sent to IRCC.

Make sure you pay the correct fees for OWP ($255)....ans also for PR

Work permit (including extensions) – per person 155
Open work permit holder 100

Sponsor your spouse or partner
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = 1,040

Its very important that your inland sponsorship and OWP forms and supporting documents are as required in the checklist to avoid it been returned for been in-complete and avoid delays......

Last edited:

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Your sponsorship with OWP application package you send to IRCC should include the forms and supporting documents in these 2 checklists;

OWP:
Spousal Sponsorship:
The application package for OWP along with the spousal sponsorship application should be sent to IRCC.

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490) = 1,040

Its very important that your inland sponsorship and OWP forms and supporting documents are as required in the checklist to avoid it been returned for been in-complete and avoid delays......
Thanks Buddy!

rmsb0079

Feb 9, 2017

OWP:
Spousal Sponsorship:

Hi Wakki,

One additional question on this. Should the supporting documents for OWP be included twice in case they are required for both the OWP application and the Spousal sponsorship application? E.g. The Photocopy of current immigration should be included once along with the OWP appliation and again with the Spousal sponsorship application as both the checklists require the same?

wolf13

Nov 9, 2019
Hi Wakki,

One additional question on this. Should the supporting documents for OWP be included twice in case they are required for both the OWP application and the Spousal sponsorship application? E.g. The Photocopy of current immigration should be included once along with the OWP application and again with the Spousal sponsorship application as both the checklists require the same?
Are you also including IMM 5556 (document checklist for OWP)? If yes, can you please let me know where it says this is required? According to the sponsorship guide:

If your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you and is applying as a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class, they can also apply for an open work permit when they apply for permanent residence. They must include a completed Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710] (PDF, 484.21KB) and the correct fee, explaining that they are applying for an open work permit."

In my case the applicant is here on visitor visa but I'm not planning on sending anything duplicate. I'm only including IMM 5710 and a copy of the receipt, and placing these documents under the sponsorship checklist.

javis77

Jan 31, 2021
In my case the applicant is here on visitor visa but I'm not planning on sending anything duplicate. I'm only including IMM 5710 and a copy of the receipt, and placing these documents under the sponsorship checklist.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Wolf13,

I am not sure if you are still in this forum, did that work for you? I am in the same boat as you were and I am not sure if I have to submit all 3 forms or just IMM5710

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Wolf13,

I am not sure if you are still in this forum, did that work for you? I am in the same boat as you were and I am not sure if I have to submit all 3 forms or just IMM5710

Hi, what did you do with your application? Did you submit all 3 forms?