+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponcership Submitted in December 2018

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
So why would I want to extend as a visitor then. That’s just confused me
extended visa just means that you want to stay in Canada with "status" meaning legally being allowed to stay because u have visa.

when your visa expires it essentially means your our of "status" and therefore complicates things.

Demetor-35

Feb 12, 2019
Update timeline:

App received: December 17th
AOR: February 19th
MR: February 22nd

I can’t link my app since I got a representative.

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
I posted this in the other Inland December thread, but I figured I'd ask here too...

My spouse and I sent my application in along with open work permit on December 20th and it was received on the 27th. A few questions...
1. I tried to check the status of my application on ECAS via the receipt number since that is all I could input (have not received AOR, therefore don't have UCI numbers). I couldn't find it in there at all. Is that a sign that they haven't received it?

2. We discovered that a few of the forms were updated about a month before us sending them in, a foolish mistake on my part. How lenient are they on this if at all? Is that a guarantee that my app will be sent back? It's been about two months since we sent them in, and I read elsewhere that we should rest easy if it hasn't been sent back within 4 to 5 weeks.

3. When we attempt to link, whose info do we attempt to put in? We created an account under my wife's name, and she is the sponsor. Do we input the sponsor's info or the principal applicant?