+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponcership Submitted in December 2018

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Good Afternoon Folks! :)

Thank you for starting a December Thread!

We submitted our application:

Inland Spousal Sponsorship Package - by Canada Post ............................... December 6 2018
Mississauga Office Package Delivered ........................December 11, 2018
AOR ................................Waiting

Please keep updating within this thread so we all may have an idea of current processing timelines :)

Aylarsadeghi

Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone
My husband been in canada more than 6months They want a police check from him but when i went to police station they asked me what type of police check ? Can anyone help me ?
He already have one from back home its criminal background check with fingerprints
But since his been here more than 6 months he needs one from here but i’m not sure what type of police check he needs from here
The one with fingerprints takes 2weeks _2 months
Please please if anyone have any idea let me know

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
My husband just got his notice to appear for a proceeding under subsection 44(2) and we have not got our AOR yet.

I am freaking out.

Our application was received December 13.
And the interview is January 8th 2019.

I don’t know what to do..
If we they issue a inadmissible letter out application will be not accepted :(.

I don’t know if any has any experience or tips to help us .

Beshu

Nov 29, 2018
Hello everyone. I sended my application on nov 28th and they recieved it on Dec 3rd. Now I wait for the next processing stage. Good luck to all. May good news come to all of us

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
A moment ago
Hello Everyone,

I'm a pr holder and planning to apply for spouse SOWP and PR together. She is a student in Canada and we got married in august but we couldn't get time to register our marriage in India as i had two weeks vacation from my company. So we decided to get married here(canada) and obtain a marriage certificate. We have been dating for 8 months so far and have chat and (outing)photos as proofs.

Now as per check list it is asking for traditional ceremony photos. Can i give the photos of our Canadian marriage registered with our friends.

I tried Indian embassy they said they can provide marriage certificate if its not registered already.

Can anyone please help me what to do. and any complications with the file.

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A moment ago
Hello Everyone,

I'm a pr holder and planning to apply for spouse SOWP and PR together. She is a student in Canada and we got married in august but we couldn't get time to register our marriage in India as i had two weeks vacation from my company. So we decided to get married here(canada) and obtain a marriage certificate. We have been dating for 8 months so far and have chat and (outing)photos as proofs.

Now as per check list it is asking for traditional ceremony photos. Can i give the photos of our Canadian marriage registered with our friends.

I tried Indian embassy they said they can provide marriage certificate if its not registered already.

Thanks in advance.
You will have to explain why you didn't have a typical Indian wedding. It is pretty unusual not to have parents present. You shouldn't seek out an Indian marriage registry if you didn't. get married in India. That would be misrepresentation. Was this an arranged marriage? That would mean it is even more abnormal to have a ceremony in India with family present. Are you living together in the same city? This doesn't mean you will get refused but an explanation of why you got married in Canada will be needed. Many others have gotten married with 2 weeks vacation so you'll need to add more reasons to the explanation.

Reactions: Val87

SamChow

Feb 7, 2017
You will have to explain why you didn't have a typical Indian wedding. It is pretty unusual not to have parents present. You shouldn't seek out an Indian marriage registry if you didn't. get married in India. That would be misrepresentation. Was this an arranged marriage? That would mean it is even more abnormal to have a ceremony in India with family present. Are you living together in the same city? This doesn't mean you will get refused but an explanation of why you got married in Canada will be needed. Many others have gotten married with 2 weeks vacation so you'll need to add more reasons to the explanation.
Thanks for the reply canuck78. We meet through her brother and we dated.not an arranged marriage. I can explain that her brother(he lives with my wife in canada as student) can not go back to India due to his education and visa status so we decided to get married here legally for him and later we will get traditional marriage for our parents in coming months.

Yes we are living in same city and now we moved to together a week ago and have our all the proofs like our employer recognized our marriage and added her to my benefits. joint bank account and photos during our date and etc.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply canuck78. We meet through her brother and we dated.not an arranged marriage. I can explain that her brother(he lives with my wife in canada as student) can not go back to India due to his education and visa status so we decided to get married here legally for him and later we will get traditional marriage for our parents in coming months.

Yes we are living in same city and now we moved to together a week ago and have our all the proofs like our employer recognized our marriage and added her to my benefits. joint bank account and photos during our date and etc.
Better not to make up stories. It is unlikely that you didn't get married in India because of her brothers studies. He has a TRV so wouldn't have visa issues. Just be honest. You are applying for an SOWP so does she want to quit school? Did you want to live together? Did she want to pay domestic fees?

manpreet2567

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
A moment ago
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
Hey Do not Freak out man ,i have same case its ok i moved here from Newzealand my partner is Canadian citizen. And we did not register our marry in India and you do not have to do it either or have an indian tradition wedding here. Court marriage is plenty. Just attach 20 pictures of your outing, some shopping bills. this will do .

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
My husband just got his notice to appear for a proceeding under subsection 44(2) and we have not got our AOR yet.

I am freaking out.

Our application was received December 13.
And the interview is January 8th 2019.

I don’t know what to do..
If we they issue a inadmissible letter out application will be not accepted :(.

I don’t know if any has any experience or tips to help us .

WE GOT ISSUED A INADMISABILTY NOTICE AT THE INTERVIEW, BUT THE OFFICER SAID CBSA WILL WE CONTACTNG US IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS/MONTHS, WE HAVE NO AOR AND DO NOT WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone
My husband been in canada more than 6months They want a police check from him but when i went to police station they asked me what type of police check ? Can anyone help me ?
He already have one from back home its criminal background check with fingerprints
But since his been here more than 6 months he needs one from here but i’m not sure what type of police check he needs from here
The one with fingerprints takes 2weeks _2 months
Please please if anyone have any idea let me know
You just need to tell the police that you need PCC for immigration purpose and they will provide you..