+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship May 2020

Myisland

Dec 18, 2020
Hi everyone:

Open work permit approved on December 17.
PR application submitted early May. Received May 7. Awaiting AOR.

Reactions: bian07

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
Hi everyone:

Open work permit approved on December 17.
PR application submitted early May. Received May 7. Awaiting AOR.
Hey! I wasn't able to link my OWP to the account, so I was wondering if you also got an email or something that said your OWP got approved. Cause I cant check it through the account. My application has the same timeline as yours.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hey! I wasn't able to link my OWP to the account, so I was wondering if you also got an email or something that said your OWP got approved. Cause I cant check it through the account. My application has the same timeline as yours.
I got 2 emails, one stated only that they sent me a message about the application and the other that they updated my application status, but neither specifically stated that it was approved

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
I got 2 emails, one stated only that they sent me a message about the application and the other that they updated my application status, but neither specifically stated that it was approved
Thank you. I think i will better call them then, rather than wait.

Myisland

Dec 18, 2020
Hi,
Yes, we received an email from IRCC confirming the approval of the open work permit. It’ll contain the expiry date and also an eTA, which surprised us.

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
Thank you for all your replies!
I got work permit aproval email today! The best Christmas gift:)))
My application was recieved on May 12th.

And regarding my GC key account not working it happened because my SIN number has expired with my work permit. For anyone with the same problem you will have to wait until you get new temporary permit and can renew the SIN. Only then you can link your application.
Happy holidays to you all!:)

bian07

May 19, 2017
Thank you for all your replies!
I got work permit aproval email today! The best Christmas gift:)))
My application was recieved on May 12th.

And regarding my GC key account not working it happened because my SIN number has expired with my work permit. For anyone with the same problem you will have to wait until you get new temporary permit and can renew the SIN. Only then you can link your application.
Happy holidays to you all!:)
your sin number doesnt have anything to do with the gckey account actually...

but congratulations!

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
your sin number doesnt have anything to do with the gckey account actually...

but congratulations!
Thank you!
No, it does. It was giving me an error every time I logged in saying my identity has to be confirmed before I can perform any activities on my account. it was also throwing me out back to the main page every time I tried to check my application status. So I called CRA yesterday and that is was they told me. Said the account was deactivated due to SIN expiration.

Last edited:

bian07

May 19, 2017
Thank you!
No, it does. It was giving me an error every time I logged in saying my identity has to be confirmed before I can perform any activities on my account. it was also throwing me out back to the main page every time I tried to check my application status. So I called CRS yesterday and that is was they told me. Said the account was deactivated due to SIN expiration.
that wouldnt make any sense though, otherwise I wouldnt have been able to link my work permit either, since my sin expired in march with my old work permit. i think you mean your service canada account, which you need the sin for, but not gckey.

Last edited:

Annamurzik

May 26, 2020
that wouldnt make any sense though, otherwise I wouldnt have been able to link my work permit either, since my sin expired in march with my old work permit. i think you mean your service canada account, which you need the sin for, but not gckey.
Its really weird cause I log in to my service canada account using gc key. Few months back before my sin expired i would be able to log in with the same gc key through "check my application status" link and go to "what would you like to do today?" and choose "link my application to online account". Now I am not able to log in.

jjispig

May 29, 2017
I wasn't able to link the OWP to my account, but surprisingly I received the work permit in the mail today!

So, what is going to be the next step? I guess they will ask for health check and biometric soon?

Still not able to link my PR application though