+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND OR OUTLAND (VISA EXEMPT COUNTRY)

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this long message.

We would like to know what is the best way to apply?

Here is the situation. Currently my girlfriend has a study permit but it will expire by November 30 she is Taiwanese (VISA exempt) and we are getting married in 2 months.

Now the question arises, inland or Outland? I was thinking on Outland because it is quick, but as a matter of fact I don't know what will happen if she stays here after November 30.

Second I was thinking on inland and at this point the same question arose, what happens with her status after November 30 if we apply for sponsorship before November? If her status changes to implied, can we travel? I know it says you shouldn't, but she is from a visa exempt country and if we show that we are in the process what would be the reason to deny entry?

It is really driving me crazy this thing :( Now with new processing times that basically increased the time I'm pretty much aware that no matter the road we take we will have to wait.

So please if anyone can give us some tips we would really appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day.

Gus :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gcamargo said:

Here is the situation. Currently my girlfriend has a study permit but it will expire by November 30 she is Taiwanese (VISA exempt) and we are getting married in 2 months.

Now the question arises, inland or Outland? I was thinking on Outland because it is quick, but as a matter of fact I don't know what will happen if she stays here after November 30.

Second I was thinking on inland and at this point the same question arose, what happens with her status after November 30 if we apply for sponsorship before November? If her status changes to implied, can we travel? I know it says you shouldn't, but she is from a visa exempt country and if we show that we are in the process what would be the reason to deny entry?

It is really driving me crazy this thing :( Now with new processing times that basically increased the time I'm pretty much aware that no matter the road we take we will have to wait.

Have a wonderful day.

Simply because of something called Dual Intent. Check the CIC website to learn more.

Basically, the officer will know that she has a dual intent to re-enter Canada and will need to be prepared to provide evidence that she still has ties to her `home' (outside of Canada). Many Inland applicants no longer have ties, which is where it becomes a problem for them.

It's very risky to leave Canada with an Inland application. If travel is so important...better submit an Outland application.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
gcamargo said:

Have a wonderful day.

Just an FYI, it is unlikely to be a 17 month wait, or even close to that, for an outland application. At the end of Oct. or beginning of Nov. just apply to change conditions or extend her stay as a visitor, online.