+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland landing process - Dependent Spouse only

sovi

Oct 7, 2018
Dear Friends,

My husband had applied for a PR under CEC/Express Entry and I was a dependent applicant in that. We have received our COPR. My husband needs to visit another country so he can go and can do the landing process while coming back at the border. So my question is that,
1. Once he does his landing, can I schedule inland landing alone in IRCC office and do the landing process alone?
2. Do I need to wait for my Husband's PR card to arrive before I can visit the IRCC office?

If anyone has had same experience and can share the same, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Dear Friends,

My husband had applied for a PR under CEC/Express Entry and I was a dependent applicant in that. We have received our COPR. My husband needs to visit another country so he can go and can do the landing process while coming back at the border. So my question is that,
1. Once he does his landing, can I schedule inland landing alone in IRCC office and do the landing process alone?
2. Do I need to wait for my Husband's PR card to arrive before I can visit the IRCC office?

If anyone has had same experience and can share the same, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you.
Yes, you don't have to do it together. He can do his while landing back from his trip and you can do yours inland.

You don't have to wait for his PR card to arrive.

Reactions: sovi

sovi

Oct 7, 2018
Yes, you don't have to do it together. He can do his while landing back from his trip and you can do yours inland.

You don't have to wait for his PR card to arrive.

Thanks @Wolfpmd3 for the quick reply. I also sent and email to IRCC and I got the following reply.

We verified the information you provided and we would like to inform you that your spouse can ask for an appointment to confirm her permanent resident (PR) status in Canada either:

• After the principal applicant has obtained their PR status, or
  • At the same time where the principal applicant will obtain their PR status.