+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
So you can stalk your card in the mail haha :D

(Seriously, it lets you see when the card is processed and it lets you know the date your card was mailed out to you. No Canada Post tracking number but it gives you an idea of arrival date.)
what is the purpose of linking the PR?

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Oh yes that is true. I just figured I’d replace the card once expiration comes near — you must do it eventually for sure but you don’t have to do it immediately (as you must with the SIN).
Actually, you need to send them proof of PR or your MSP will expire when your previous permit/status did. They're not very smart over there.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Oh yes that is true. I just figured I’d replace the card once expiration comes near — you must do it eventually for sure but you don’t have to do it immediately (as you must with the SIN).
Just give them notice a good month before it expires, that's how long it takes them to update a file. And if you don't have a BC license, they'll issue a new BC Services card good for 5 years. If you have a driver's license, they'll expire at the same time and be renewed together.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
I just got our interview invitation today. Do they ask questions about relationship during landing interview? Or just your last entry into canada, if you’ve been convicted, etc.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Also got invitation today- DM was on Sep. 5. We'll have to reschedule though, because the 27th is the only day this whole year I have training all the way in Langley. Worst luck!

SophiaVN

Mar 1, 2019
I just gave them 3 days that didn't work for me and my partner, but left the rest open so they can schedule anytime.
I sent them an email to schedule the interview on August 27, and I have not heard back from them. How long did it take them to answer your email?

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I sent them an email to schedule the interview on August 27, and I have not heard back from them. How long did it take them to answer your email?
They haven't yet, we just asked after getting the originally scheduled date earlier today.

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
They got back with an new appointment 13 days later. The new appointment is 13 days after the original appointment.

jevisa

Mar 27, 2019
I am wondering does the MSP fee increase after you get your pr status? Mine got increased and I don’t know why. I need to pay more for the medical insurance every month.

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I am wondering does the MSP fee increase after you get your pr status? Mine got increased and I don’t know why. I need to pay more for the medical insurance every month.
No, it shouldn't go up. If you can share the amount, maybe we can help you figure it out, because they're set. You should be paying together as a family with your partner, though.

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Why do they need another 2 photos for the interview? In the letter they said to bring photos. But we’ve already submitted them along with our application