+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

PR_app

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Vancouver applicant here too. Waiting for landing interview letter. Does anyone know if you need to pay the RFPR fee first before they send you the letter and give you the interview date? Or will they request for payment before they send me the letter?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Vancouver applicant here too. Waiting for landing interview letter. Does anyone know if you need to pay the RFPR fee first before they send you the letter and give you the interview date? Or will they request for payment before they send me the letter?
You have to bring the RFPR receipt to the appointment. So you get the appointment letter that also instructs you to pay the fee and bring the receipt.

Reactions: PR_app

polarbear2017

Aug 28, 2017
Hey everyone, just wanted to make a final happy update that we received our PR card in the mail today after interviewing on Aug 22. It only took one week! Very quick turnaround. :)

Thanks and all the best to anyone still waiting to land. It'll come soon and the wait will all be worth it.

Reactions: BR_ESL

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Officially received COPR! Waiting for the card in the mail. Our interview went very smoothly, this was the process:

We showed up for our 8:30am appointment at 8:15am. There was plenty of paid parking along Hornby, so we parked a block away from the office. I'd recommend paying via the app, so you don't have to leave to feed your meter in the case of a long wait. Showed our letter at the door and was ushered in. The waiting area was packed with people. After about 20 min, an agent came in and asked anyone applying as a refugee claimant to follow her. About 85% of the room stood up and followed her out. My husband and I sat down and about 10 min later, our name was called. We sat with the agent and presented our ID's. He asked my husband for the first date of entry into Canada (to live) and his most recent entry into Canada. There were a few more questions - when we met, how we met, when we got married - then the agent moved on to 5 yes/no questions (have you ever been charged with a crime, etc.). The agent confirmed our home address. He voided the OWP and explained how important the COPR paperwork was. He used both passport photos provided, but never requested to see the proof of fee payment. My husband signed the COPR documents and basically, that was it. We walked out maybe 15 min later.

Good luck to everyone! Thank you for all your help.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Congrats!
Have you managed to link your PR Card on GCKey?
I’ve been trying since August 23rd and cannot make it...

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
Congrats!
Have you managed to link your PR Card on GCKey?
I’ve been trying since August 23rd and cannot make it...
I just tried linking my husband's PR card through GCKey and was successful. Our interview was Friday, August 30. I selected 'Add (link) your application to your account' then:
- Permanent Residence card
- UCI and Family Name
- entered husband's UCI with a space after
- entered family name in capitals with a space after like: SURNAME
- entered city of birth with a space after: CITY

Once I filled out the rest of the info and submitted, it found our application. The status first read 'Pending registration' but now says 'Submitted.'

Not sure that is helpful to you, but there you go. Good luck!

Reactions: BR_ESL

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
I just tried linking my husband's PR card through GCKey and was successful. Our interview was Friday, August 30. I selected 'Add (link) your application to your account' then:
- UCI and Family Name

Once I filled out the rest of the info and submitted, it found our application. The status first read 'Pending registration' but now says 'Submitted.'

Thanks for your reply! I just tried that and it didn’t work. I’ll keep waiting!
Tks!

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
- UCI and Family Name

what is the purpose of linking the PR?

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Update:

I know this is maybe a lil bit late, but for the reference of everybody here.

Jan 25, 2019: App Received
Mar 14, 2019: Sponsor AOR
Mar 20, 2019: Medical Request
Mar 20, 2019: PR Linked to GCKey
Mar 21, 2019: Medical Performed
Mar 26, 2019: OWP Returned
Mar 26, 2019: OWP Resubmitted
Mar 28, 2019: OWP Received In Edmonton
April 25, 2019: OWP App Linked to GCKey
April 27, 2019: Medical Submitted
May 21, 2019:Background Check Started
June 26, 2019: Background Check Passed
June 26, 2019:pR - Started Reviewing Eligibility
June 27, 2019: SA - Decision Made
June 28, 2019: OWP - Started Reviewing Eligibility
July 02, 2019: OWP Approved
July 08, 2019: OWP Received in Mail
July 18, 2019: Medical Exam Passed
July 22, 2019: PR - Decision Made
July 26, 2019: Application completed letter
Aug 16, 2019: Landing Interview Invitation
Aug 29, 2019: COPR
Waiting for PR Card to be delivered

After many months of waiting finally the process was over. Thank you for those who shared their timelines and opinions here. Im sure it helped us ease our worries during the waiting times or maybe give worrisome to others. Nevertheless, be patient and pray!

Goodluck!

Reactions: imjeolmi and BR_ESL

deisand

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
We finally got DM on both sides this morning, so waiting for the landing interview letter from Vancouver now.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hello I received my interview letter with the date but due to my partner's tight work schedule(owns the business with a few employees) we are unable to make the date. I followed the link in the email and submitted a webform request. I requested specific day of the week/certain dates. I noted time of day doesnt matter though.

Does anyone have an idea of how they handle these scenarios? Does whomever is reading my request forward this to the processing office and they can (hopefully) plug my appt in to my requested date if it's available?

I would think at this point it's a simple "cancel and move this event" on their end like our google calendars.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Original date is Aug 19th and new date is Aug 28th
Hi I am sorry to bring this up again. When you requested a new interview date did you request a specific day? or was it more like "any other day except this one"? Or do you know of anyone who requested certain days they are available?

My sponsor owns her own business and physically cannot attend the meeting other than Thursdays. I have requested a new specific dates so hopefully they're nice to me!

Lwsq

Apr 4, 2019
Hi I am sorry to bring this up again. When you requested a new interview date did you request a specific day? or was it more like "any other day except this one"? Or do you know of anyone who requested certain days they are available?

My sponsor owns her own business and physically cannot attend the meeting other than Thursdays. I have requested a new specific dates so hopefully they're nice to me!
I didn’t request specific date. I requested to do interview after Aug 19th since I was in travel and I provided my travel itinerary.

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I didn’t request specific date. I requested to do interview after Aug 19th since I was in travel and I provided my travel itinerary.
I told them I can’t make it because I’m out of town. No question ask, didn’t provide any documents, and it was rescheduled in a week