+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Palindrome

Apr 5, 2019
Not really. They will ask for your passport, 2 photographs, ask for another ID(drivers license, work permit, study permit, sin number). I believe it is for the verification of address. I gave my driver's license, but the address on my license was not updated. She just asked me my address. It was already updated in my application. You should take all the documents issued by ircc(such as proof of payment on this application, landing interview letter/email, and other documents if any on your cic account). You don't need anything else. I took only my passport, photos, drivers license, and the proof of payment and landing interview email
I was in a same boat, been here since 2011 and couldn't find one my study permits before my interview in May. However, the only reason they ask for it so that they can stamp it "Voided". You can bring whatever you have and they'll just void it. No issues at all.

Good Luck!
Thanks guys!!!

Joeshu

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Not really. They will ask for your passport, 2 photographs, ask for another ID(drivers license, work permit, study permit, sin number). I believe it is for the verification of address. I gave my driver's license, but the address on my license was not updated. She just asked me my address. It was already updated in my application. You should take all the documents issued by ircc(such as proof of payment on this application, landing interview letter/email, and other documents if any on your cic account). You don't need anything else. I took only my passport, photos, drivers license, and the proof of payment and landing interview email
Hi, congrats,
can u plz answer my queries
1.how early we are allowed to enter before scheduled time for Vancouver landing interview ???(timing is 1pm,, can they allow us at about 11am??)
2.they have asked for rprf proof. I have total summed up receipt. is it sufficient ? (means I have receipt for total 2230 dollars for two adults and one child. But rprf paid is not mentioned in the receipt).
Is this is the receipt they want to see??
3.do we have to bring a prepaid postal envelope for pr card ?
4.any other special instructions from yours side, please suggest for the day of interview.
Thanks in advance

FRt4

Jun 24, 2019
Hi, congrats,
1.how early we are allowed to enter before scheduled time for Vancouver landing interview ???(timing is 1pm,, can they allow us at about 11am??)
2.they have asked for rprf proof. I have total summed up receipt. is it sufficient ? (means I have receipt for total 2230 dollars for two adults and one child. But rprf paid is not mentioned in the receipt).
4.any other special instructions from yours side, please suggest for the day of interview.
Thanks in advance
Hi,
1. No need to come that early if your appointment is at 1pm. It’s written in the email that they won’t let you until 10 minutes before.
2. they can probably trace the payment back to the items and they can most likely see on their computer whether you’ve already paid.
3. Not that I know of.
4. They seem to like passports too for sponsors

Reactions: Joeshu

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
1. No, they won’t let you in that early to wait. There’s simply not enough room. There’s a person at the door who buzzes you in and checks your appointment letter, and when we were there waiting he was kindly but firmly sending away everyone who came more than 10min early. If you have to arrive early (maybe you’re taking a ferry or transit?) there is a cafe, Breka, right down the street from the office where you can wait and have a snack and kill some time. There’s also a kid-friendly park pretty close by :)

2. The receipt you have described is what they want. They can tell from the totals what you’ve paid, so don’t worry.

3. No need for an envelope, just the photos.

4. Bring books to read or other quiet activities, especially if you’ll be there with a kid, because even though you can only go in 10min before your appointment, you’ll probably still be waiting a while. We waited about 40min. You’ll also need to head over to Service Canada after to get your SIN (it’s located in Sinclair Centre, about 15min walk away), and that will be another little wait. So if you’ll be downtown early, get lunch beforehand!
Hi, congrats,
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Joeshu

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
@E.R.Z784,

I was wondering if all expired work and study permits are required for the landing interview. I have been in Canada since 2011 and I cannot find an old expired study permit from 2014. What option do I have?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I believe it would be ok if you just provide whatever you can find. The purpose of asking these docs is just to put a stamp on them and make them invalid to use, they will give these back to you to keep. They won't collect them away. When they gave those back, they said "you may need it when you apply for the citizenship." You will be fine!:)

Sammm

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone, my application was approved on 19 th july 2019 but i still haven’t received inland interview email. Can anyone advise what is the wait time for Vancouver office. I emailed them too but no reply. Thanks

Vibuuu

May 28, 2019
Hi, DM was on Aug2. Today I attended the landing interview in Whitehorse and got Pr confirmation and will mail Pr card soon..

Sammm

May 16, 2019
Update

Got a landing letter on July 26th. Today I received the interview appointment.

App received: Jan 25th
DM: July 22
Landing/DM Letter: July 26
Invitation for Landing interview: Aug 16
Appointment COPR: Aug 29

Good luck guys!

Waited for 3 weeks to get an interview in Vancouver
Hi there, can u please advise if u got landing invitation by email or in online account? Thanks

Sammm

May 16, 2019
Hello everyone, can someone please help, i called ircc and they said they have already sent the landing interview email but my immigration advisor is not giving me that as he has access to online account, is there any way i can request duplicate copy from ircc on my personal email?? Thanks

polarbear2017

Aug 28, 2017
Hey everyone, just want to report that we landed today in Vancouver. The appointment went super smoothly and took less than 10 minutes.

Overall, the entire application process took us just short of 14 months. App received June 29, landed Aug 22.