+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Markmyname08

Mar 17, 2017
I landed smoothly yesterday at Vancouver office. The process was very straightforward.
I reached there just before 9 and I was called in 15mins ish later. They basically looked at

Your consultant should have the receipt as he/she must have uploaded on the file
Hi Sara, may I know when did you recieve your DM?

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
E mail says i have to bring landing fee receipt. I do have it on my bank statemnt and i have e mail from cic that says they received the landing fee and receipt is attached to the email which they forgot to attach. I asked my consultant but she says she could not find it either. Landing e mail says that if i dnt have it they will cancel my appointment. Dnt know what should i do
In case if i dnt find the receipt should i pay it again or the bank statment and the e mail from cic saying they received the rprf fee is enough??

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Mine is paper application and its not linked to online account. Only possibility is if my consultant try to find it
If you paid upfront it should be fine, as your case will show that all fees have already been paid.

I think they'll only need proof if you didn't pay the RPRF at the time of submitting the app. Then your case won't show whether you have already paid and they'll need to see a receipt.

But in any case, your consultant really should have the receipt if they are worth their money...

Reactions: Sarab26

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Finally some good news!

My landing interview is set for May 28th. So ready for this whole thing to be over.

Is there a way to get a SIN while I'm downtown? It'd be nice to get them both out of the way at the same time.
Congtats and yes, you can! Go to Service Canada on the 1st floor of Sinclair Centre at 757 W Hastings St. Bring your CoPR and 2 pieces of ID (your drivers licence and passport). No appointment required and you will get your new SIN on the spot. Good luck!

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Reactions: BR_ESL

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I "landed" in Vancouver on Thursday. Unlike some lucky others, I arrived at 2:50 and waited nearly an hour before my name was called. 2 couples ahead of us had issues providing proof of payment of their fee payment, so they had to sit back down and then go back up to the window after another interview was completed, and it seemed like their application had to be re-processed again from the start.
My interview was quick and easy. So happy it's done....til it's time to apply for citizenship. ;)

Here's my entire timeline:
Application received in Mississauga July 3rd
AOR 1 August 9
Linked PR application August 23
Linked OWP application August 24
OWP approved September 25
OWP received October 1
Medical Exam Requested October 23
Fingerprints Requested October 29
Medical Exam Completed November 22
Fingerprints Taken November 19
Medical Exam Passed November 30
Decision Made (ECAS) February 20, 2019
Sponsor Approved Letter February 21
DM Letter March 1
Landing Interview Letter April 10
Landing Interview May 16

Fingers crossed that the PR card comes fairly quickly, since I'm moving at the end of the month....

Reactions: BR_ESL and barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I "landed" in Vancouver on Thursday. Unlike some lucky others, I arrived at 2:50 and waited nearly an hour before my name was called. 2 couples ahead of us had issues providing proof of payment of their fee payment, so they had to sit back down and then go back up to the window after another interview was completed, and it seemed like their application had to be re-processed again from the start.
My interview was quick and easy. So happy it's done....til it's time to apply for citizenship. ;)

Here's my entire timeline:
Application received in Mississauga July 3rd
AOR 1 August 9
Linked PR application August 23
Linked OWP application August 24
OWP approved September 25
OWP received October 1
Medical Exam Requested October 23
Fingerprints Requested October 29
Medical Exam Completed November 22
Fingerprints Taken November 19
Medical Exam Passed November 30
Decision Made (ECAS) February 20, 2019
Sponsor Approved Letter February 21
DM Letter March 1
Landing Interview Letter April 10
Landing Interview May 16

Fingers crossed that the PR card comes fairly quickly, since I'm moving at the end of the month....
Congrats! Thank you for the detailed info and the extra hint about the importance of bringing in the printed copy of the RPRF receipt to the interview. Please keep us updated if you were able to link your PR Card application to your MyCIC account with your CoPR after the interview. It will help you to track the approval online so you can have an ETA on the mail delivery time.

@Sarab26, based on the new information given above, if you can't find the receipt, it seems to be the safest option for you to pay the fee again right away and then request a refund on the original one when you find the receipt. I know it is a lot of money but it will save you a trip of restarting the whole application process again like the couple that @mel406 mentioned. Good luck and god bless you!

Reactions: BR_ESL

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Congrats! Thank you for the detailed info and the extra hint about the importance of bringing in the printed copy of the RPRF receipt to the interview. Please keep us updated if you were able to link your PR Card application to your MyCIC account with your CoPR after the interview. It will help you to track the approval online so you can have an ETA on the mail delivery time.

@Sarab26, based on the new information given above, if you can't find the receipt, it seems to be the safest option for you to pay the fee again right away and then request a refund on the original one when you find the receipt. I know it is a lot of money but it will save you a trip of restarting the whole application process again like the couple that @mel406 mentioned. Good luck and god bless you!
I finally found the receipt after calling my lawyer over again. She had all the receipts in her account where she pay for all her clients.

MyPrBcNihar

Jun 5, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Hi All, I have the interview on 25th May. I'm confused that, I have my spouse attached to application, but in the invitation letter nothing mentioned about her, she is in India. what will be the further process? Could someone share their experience or suggestions please.

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi All, I have the interview on 25th May. I'm confused that, I have my spouse attached to application, but in the invitation letter nothing mentioned about her, she is in India. what will be the further process? Could someone share their experience or suggestions please.
U will get passport request for ur spouse wen u r done with ur landing. I know someone who got ppr within 2-3 hrs after his landing