+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Got message from CIC also saying the latest date of interview is June! DM Mar 1, wait three months for interview! Vancouver is really outstanding!

Reactions: andybc

trex

Mar 11, 2019
use online form to ask them on last Thursday, CIC reply me today
Yeh, its pretty much the same as what people have been told on the phone, upto 3 months. I imagine they say 3 months, as some people need to have more detailed interviews (to prove you are a couple and live together etc), and probably make them wait the longest.

I have been seeing closer to 2-2.5 months based on here (for most people)

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Yeh, its pretty much the same as what people have been told on the phone, upto 3 months. I imagine they say 3 months, as some people need to have more detailed interviews (to prove you are a couple and live together etc), and probably make them wait the longest.

Once you account for the time between interview letter and interview it's actually not that far from 3 months.

That office is also super super busy with citizenship apps (my partner's sister in law went through that process and it took forever).

Sarab26

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
She said to me that it can take upto three months. It can be sooner. So according to her it can be anytime from dm to 3 months. 3 months is their max time to keep someone on waiting after dm.

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017

If this is the case, I must get the V
Surprisingly we just got the interview letter, interview is set on the 26th of April. Exactly 1 year since they received the application.
DM on ECAS 29 Jan.
Congratulation! But as i read the other applicants, normal couple days after the interview mail can have a meeting! You have to wait another month for interview. Vancouver is really busy!

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
If this is the case, I must get the V

Congratulation! But as i read the other applicants, normal couple days after the interview mail can have a meeting! You have to wait another month for interview. Vancouver is really busy!
I mean Vancouver IS busy. But so is Toronto/Etobicoke. Difference is Vancouver appears to be way understaffed...

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Surprisingly we just got the interview letter, interview is set on the 26th of April. Exactly 1 year since they received the application.
DM on ECAS 29 Jan.
OMG! Congratulations! Did you ever get the DM (application completion) letter?

So they will email you even if it is not office hour? Are you working overtime?