+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
So mostly Mid Jan DM having interview on Early April, which is about 2.8 months! If counting the PR Card wait another two months...it is talking about 5 months more after DM! Cool

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
So mostly Mid Jan DM having interview on Early April, which is about 2.8 months! If counting the PR Card wait another two months...it is talking about 5 months more after DM! Cool
LOL which is crazily slow...but certainly coming to us!

Reactions: N-R-J

AmyKristine

Mar 11, 2019
Are we supposed to receive letters, not emails?
**UPDATE**
In the past everything we had received had either been mailed to us or had been communicated through an uploaded PDF letter into our online account. The last communication we had which was that a decision had been made came via email. That was the first time we received anything via email other than the occassional email instructing us to login online to view new mail. Anyhow, early this morning, we received 3 emails (all 3 dated as of today) which stated “We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for: April 2nd.” There was a separate email for each family member with instructions on what to bring to the interview. The letter also said that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resudent and receiving a PR card. There was a link to follow for current processing times and they also advised that if you have made any travel arrangements outside of Canada within 60 days after the PR interview that you should contact them immediately. I checked processing times to receive the PR card and it currently says 44 days. So, basically after receiving the DM letter/email on January 17th, we received the final interview letter/email March 18th, with an interview date of April 2nd and will likely received our PR cards around May 16th or so.

AmyKristine

Mar 11, 2019
Mine as well, MyCIC are still showing in progress, but I asked my rep, she said the letter is all that matters...
Ours still says everything is in process too on the CIC website but we already received an email saying a decision was made on January 17th and received an email today (March 18th) from the Vancouver office advising us of our interview date which is set for April 2nd. The website also says that processing times to receive the PR card after the interview is 44 days. It took us 2 months to be contacted by the Vancouver office after the decision had been made. It looks like they aren’t updating any of our statuses online anymore though.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
I got my landing interview from Vancouver finally.
I’m an April 27th app and got DM on Jan 17th.
My interview is scheduled for April 11th.

Jan 17, DM
Mar 18, Landing interview letter
April 11th, Landing interview date.

60 days to get the landing interview letter...I guess only two person working at Vancouver office, and one is taking vacation.....:p

Reactions: aa0013 and andybc

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Jan 17, DM
Mar 18, Landing interview letter
April 11th, Landing interview date.

60 days to get the landing interview letter...I guess only two person working at Vancouver office, and one is taking vacation.....:p
Walked past that office the other day. Wouldn't be surprised if it actually only fits two officers... In all seriousness though, it is pretty damn frustrating. The wait times are not getting shorter and the time span between landing letter and appointment seems to be pretty big compared to other offices too.

Edit: I won't benefit from it but in Vancouver they'll need to seriously consider a solution for this. Maybe pay some OT for a couple of officers and have them open Saturday to clear the backlog...

Last edited:

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
We are also January 17th and got our interview appointment today so I’ll cross my fingers for you any time now!
**UPDATE**
In the past everything we had received had either been mailed to us or had been communicated through an uploaded PDF letter into our online account. The last communication we had which was that a decision had been made came via email. That was the first time we received anything via email other than the occassional email instructing us to login online to view new mail. Anyhow, early this morning, we received 3 emails (all 3 dated as of today) which stated “We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for: April 2nd.” There was a separate email for each family member with instructions on what to bring to the interview. The letter also said that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resudent and receiving a PR card. There was a link to follow for current processing times and they also advised that if you have made any travel arrangements outside of Canada within 60 days after the PR interview that you should contact them immediately. I checked processing times to receive the PR card and it currently says 44 days. So, basically after receiving the DM letter/email on January 17th, we received the final interview letter/email March 18th, with an interview date of April 2nd and will likely received our PR cards around May 16th or so.
Thank you for sharing!

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018
**UPDATE**

Thank you for sharing this. It is very helpful.

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
Looking at the other applicants in the other offices, really jealous! Many of them got the DM wait couple weeks to have the interview. Not with the others, Toronto and Vancouver likely to have similar cases to handle, really cannot understand what have happened to Van!

Reactions: BR_ESL

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I know, really frustrating!

Looking at the other applicants in the other offices, really jealous! Many of them got the DM wait couple weeks to have the interview. Not with the others, Toronto and Vancouver likely to have similar cases to handle, really cannot understand what have happened to Van!

trex

Mar 11, 2019
Does the Vancouver office only give out notices on Monday? I hope not...
I dont know of anyone else that got DM between 19 Jan and 29 Jan, so its hard to know. But I remember a few people got their interview letter last Friday.