+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this! We were getting worried so I'm glad to hear it's not just us. We applied for my husband and step-kids in February and made a mistake on our application so it was sent back and received again March 3, 2018. Everything seemed to be coming along as expected and lined up with the posted processing times until we received a letter mid-January stating that a decision has been made and we would be contacted by the local immigration office with further instructions. This would be Vancouver for us. We are now at about 7 weeks and have heard nothing. My husband sent in an inquiry using the online system and heard back that everything is in order and we just need to wait for the immigration office in Vancouver to contact us. We were stressed out that we may have missed the letter due to the Canada Post strike but I don't think this is the case. We keep checking our status on the immigration website and nothing has changed on it since November even though we have received 2 letters since then notifying us that we had passed onto the next stage (one saying that the medical exam had been passed/approved and the next saying that a decision had been made.)
Have you heard anything yet? I see ppl waited 8 weeks and got the appointment.

Istanbullover

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
I got landing interview from vancouver office. If interview goes well, am I officially pr that day? How about the visa on the passport?

trex

Mar 11, 2019
I got landing interview from vancouver office. If interview goes well, am I officially pr that day? How about the visa on the passport?
I believe you are PR, however you need to wait for the card in order to return into Canada. Its a bit of a risk to leave without that card in my opinion.

satwinder2000

Jan 12, 2016
Hey guys!
Good DM on Jan 18, waiting for landing interview at Vancouver office. My question is that my work permit expired on Feb 28 but I applied for an extension on 2 feb for bridging open work permit. Can I do my landing interview without the extension because I haven’t received my extension yet.

trex

Mar 11, 2019
I think technically you will have implied status (with whatever working rights your open work permit gave you) until a decision is made whether to grant you the extension. So yes, you can still do the interview. You might have to let CIC know that your status will be implied, though I'm not sure.

aa0013

Dec 5, 2017
omg.. congratulations... It has been a long wait .. even i got dm on feb 13 but no communication since then.. so according to your case i think mine will take another month.. and also can i ask when is your interview date decided to be??

Istanbullover

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
omg.. congratulations... It has been a long wait .. even i got dm on feb 13 but no communication since then.. so according to your case i think mine will take another month.. and also can i ask when is your interview date decided to be??
April 4

MalekSnoci

Aug 31, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am posting a new thread to let people track timelines about the interview in the Vancouver Office. As you may know, the Vancouver office is the busiest office. I have been waiting for 5 weeks and seen ppl waiting for Vancouver to contact them for 2 months. If you could also share your timeline and experience, that will be much appreciated!

My timeline as below:
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP, VO: Mississauga
Mar 07. 2018 - application couriered by Canada Post Express
Mar 09. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Apr 10. 2018 - AOR received, application linked, Schedule A and PCC request received
Apr 19. 2018 - Schedule A and PCC uploaded
Jun 28. 2018 - OWP approved (for 2 years) on myCIC account
July 3. 2018 - OWP received from the mailbox
July 10, 2018 - Application for TRV sent
July 26, 2018 - Passport with TRV received
Aug 30, 2018 - Medical Exam requested
Aug 30, 2018 - ECAS changed to In Process
Sep 6, 2018 - Midical Exam scheduled
Sep 10, 2018 - Medical Exam Passed, Background Check begins
Dec 27, 2018 - Request additional doc/sent thru myCIC
Feb 1, 2019 - AIP letter
Feb 5, 2019 - DM on both sides on ECAS
Feb 7, 2019 - SA letter
Feb 15, 2019 - DM (Application completion) letter (ECAS said sent on Feb 11)

March 2019 waiting for Interview notice from Vancouver Office

You are lucky you get the answer for the interview within 12 months . I’m waiting since 24/10/2017 and didn’t receive yet final answer or date for interview.