+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat. Application from July 9th. My sponsor got SA on February 21st and we got DM (Application Completion) on March 1st to wait for the Vancouver Office invitation. I haven't received my AIP though... anyone knows if this is normal?

I hope that the waiting is short for everyone!

Thank you.
By DM you mean the letter to inform you the application has been completed? If yes, then you don't need other documents but waiting for Vancouver to contact you.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Mid of July 2018, Medical done on Oct, End of Feb AIP, SA, and Mar 1 DM (Sorry cannot remember exact date). I think it is very smooth like most of the other applicants on July but the invitation letter is a BIG issue especially in Vancouver. I bought ticket for vacation on June! Really worry about the PR card issue!
Are you saying you are leaving Vancouver in June?

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
By DM you mean the letter to inform you the application has been completed? If yes, then you don't need other documents but waiting for Vancouver to contact you.
Yes, application completed and letting me know that the Vancouver Office will contact me soon. I thought so but on the MyCIC site still shows that my background check still in progress...

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Yes, application completed and letting me know that the Vancouver Office will contact me soon. I thought so but on the MyCIC site still shows that my background check still in progress...
Mine as well, MyCIC are still showing in progress, but I asked my rep, she said the letter is all that matters...

Reactions: asur90

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I'm in the EE PNP class but on Jan 18, 2019 I was informed that my local office which is Vancouver will be contacting me for my landing interview. I waited for about six weeks without any appointment from Vancouver. I called IRCC and was told that Vancouver has a backlog of three months. I then started sending emails all over the place and the next day I received a request for us to submit our documents directly to IRCC. Now I'm going by this last request. Anyway, Vancouver has a long backlog.

Reactions: barsarah

AmyKristine

Mar 11, 2019
What is your exact timeline?
I haven't requested notes so I don't have the exact breakdown, just the dates that we received letters or the dates we sent something off. Our original applications went out in January 2018 and were received but sent back to us in February 2018 as we made a mistake and had to resubmit. I believe March 3, 2018, was the date it was received back the 2nd time.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I'm in the EE PNP class but on Jan 18, 2019 I was informed that my local office which is Vancouver will be contacting me for my landing interview. I waited for about six weeks without any appointment from Vancouver. I called IRCC and was told that Vancouver has a backlog of three months. I then started sending emails all over the place and the next day I received a request for us to submit our documents directly to IRCC. Now I'm going by this last request. Anyway, Vancouver has a long backlog.
What document are you submitting? Can you do flagpole for EE application?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I haven't requested notes so I don't have the exact breakdown, just the dates that we received letters or the dates we sent something off. Our original applications went out in January 2018 and were received but sent back to us in February 2018 as we made a mistake and had to resubmit. I believe March 3, 2018, was the date it was received back the 2nd time.
What is the date you receive your decision?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
I submitted passport and copies of passport as only one dependent require visa. We will now do the landing at POE as we are currently outside of Canada.
Ohh, I guess that does not apply to family sponsorship interview. Thanks for sharing!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Mid of July 2018, Medical done on Oct, End of Feb AIP, SA, and Mar 1 DM (Sorry cannot remember exact date). I think it is very smooth like most of the other applicants on July but the invitation letter is a BIG issue especially in Vancouver. I bought ticket for vacation on June! Really worry about the PR card issue!
When exactly did you receive the letter said Vancouver will contact? Thanks for sharing, I am trying to set up a timeline for all of us.