+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am posting a new thread to let people track timelines about the interview in the Vancouver Office. As you may know, the Vancouver office is the busiest office. I have been waiting for 5 weeks and seen ppl waiting for Vancouver to contact them for 2 months. If you could also share your timeline and experience, that will be much appreciated!

My timeline as below:
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP, VO: Mississauga
Mar 07. 2018 - application couriered by Canada Post Express
Mar 09. 2018 - application arrived at Mississauga processing centre
Apr 10. 2018 - AOR received, application linked, Schedule A and PCC request received
Apr 19. 2018 - Schedule A and PCC uploaded
Jun 28. 2018 - OWP approved (for 2 years) on myCIC account
July 3. 2018 - OWP received from the mailbox
July 10, 2018 - Application for TRV sent
July 26, 2018 - Passport with TRV received
Aug 30, 2018 - Medical Exam requested
Aug 30, 2018 - ECAS changed to In Process
Sep 6, 2018 - Midical Exam scheduled
Sep 10, 2018 - Medical Exam Passed, Background Check begins
Dec 27, 2018 - Request additional doc/sent thru myCIC
Feb 1, 2019 - AIP letter
Feb 5, 2019 - DM on both sides on ECAS
Feb 7, 2019 - SA letter
Feb 15, 2019 - DM (Application completion) letter (ECAS said sent on Feb 11)

March 2019 waiting for Interview notice from Vancouver Office

Reactions: barsarah

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
August inland, got SA, AIP, and DM ECAS 1st March, CIC still progress, I think next should be waiting for the interview letter from Vancouver, people said wait 3 weeks after DM!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
August inland, got SA, AIP, and DM ECAS 1st March, CIC still progress, I think next should be waiting for the interview letter from Vancouver, people said wait 3 weeks after DM!
I have been seeing people wait for 6 weeks and counting...

trex

Mar 11, 2019
We got DM on ECAS on the 29th of January (no DM letter though). Still waiting for interview notice.

I think we will be waiting until late March for the interview, the last person I saw went though after about 2 months.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
We got DM on ECAS on the 29th of January (no DM letter though). Still waiting for interview notice.

I think we will be waiting until late March for the interview, the last person I saw went though after about 2 months.
Let's keep each other posted! Thanks.

Reactions: barsarah

AmyKristine

Mar 11, 2019
Thank you so much for sharing this! We were getting worried so I'm glad to hear it's not just us. We applied for my husband and step-kids in February and made a mistake on our application so it was sent back and received again March 3, 2018. Everything seemed to be coming along as expected and lined up with the posted processing times until we received a letter mid-January stating that a decision has been made and we would be contacted by the local immigration office with further instructions. This would be Vancouver for us. We are now at about 7 weeks and have heard nothing. My husband sent in an inquiry using the online system and heard back that everything is in order and we just need to wait for the immigration office in Vancouver to contact us. We were stressed out that we may have missed the letter due to the Canada Post strike but I don't think this is the case. We keep checking our status on the immigration website and nothing has changed on it since November even though we have received 2 letters since then notifying us that we had passed onto the next stage (one saying that the medical exam had been passed/approved and the next saying that a decision had been made.)

AmyKristine

Mar 11, 2019
I'm wondering if there is a way to tell CIC that we would be willing to switch CIC office. I am happy to fly to Calgary or somewhere else in BC to get this done in time. Anyone know of anything like this?
I have no idea but we are in the same boat so please keep us all posted!!

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing this! We were getting worried so I'm glad to hear it's not just us. We applied for my husband and step-kids in February and made a mistake on our application so it was sent back and received again March 3, 2018. Everything seemed to be coming along as expected and lined up with the posted processing times until we received a letter mid-January stating that a decision has been made and we would be contacted by the local immigration office with further instructions. This would be Vancouver for us. We are now at about 7 weeks and have heard nothing. My husband sent in an inquiry using the online system and heard back that everything is in order and we just need to wait for the immigration office in Vancouver to contact us. We were stressed out that we may have missed the letter due to the Canada Post strike but I don't think this is the case. We keep checking our status on the immigration website and nothing has changed on it since November even though we have received 2 letters since then notifying us that we had passed onto the next stage (one saying that the medical exam had been passed/approved and the next saying that a decision had been made.)
What is your exact timeline?

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Are we supposed to receive letters, not emails?

MKColin

Apr 4, 2017
What's your timeline?
Mid of July 2018, Medical done on Oct, End of Feb AIP, SA, and Mar 1 DM (Sorry cannot remember exact date). I think it is very smooth like most of the other applicants on July but the invitation letter is a BIG issue especially in Vancouver. I bought ticket for vacation on June! Really worry about the PR card issue!

Reactions: Linda_s74

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm in the same boat. Application from July 9th. My sponsor got SA on February 21st and we got DM (Application Completion) on March 1st to wait for the Vancouver Office invitation. I haven't received my AIP though... anyone knows if this is normal?

I hope that the waiting is short for everyone!

Thank you.