+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

crusadecanada

Jul 5, 2014
Dear All,

I am waiting for PPR since 6 months of my medicals.

One thing is I applied for higher studies and got thru one of Quebec universities. And if I go on study permit to Quebec in April'16, if my PR comes after that - whether I can change my status from study to PR in Quebec, or I 've to come back to india and then get stamping, or the change can be managed from Canada.

Also my daughters passport is expiring in sept16, should I get the new passport from Canada or from india. as I believe any new passport information now may further delay my PPR request, if it is in pipeline.

Please throw some light guys. Its critical for my planning ahead.

thanks
Crusade to canada

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crusadecanada said:
Dear All,

One thing is I applied for higher studies and got thru one of Quebec universities. And if I go on study permit to Quebec in April'16, if my PR comes after that - whether I can change my status from study to PR in Quebec, or I 've to come back to india and then get stamping, or the change can be managed from Canada.

Also my daughters passport is expiring in sept16, should I get the new passport from Canada or from india. as I believe any new passport information now may further delay my PPR request, if it is in pipeline.

thanks
Crusade to canada
You will definitely get ppr before April 16 if everything goes fine.
Also you can always change you status.
It won't effect your ee file, no matter whT your status in Canada is or what part of Canada or world you reside.

Regarding your daughter you can always renew her passport from Indian embassy.
Just make sure all your passports are 6 months valid from date off ppr.

It doesn't matter where you get the pasdport renewed

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
crusadecanada said:
Dear All,

thanks
Crusade to canada
I believe you can do the landing formality in Canada without the need to go back to India.

Your daughter still has 9 months on her passport which should be okay if you are granted PR before March. If I were in your shoe, I would wait it out till mid February before making move to replace her passport. If you applied through EE and you have already waited 6 months, I believe you would hear from CIC before March.

Have you called them on the status of your application, since you are passed the 6months mark. You can also try and apply for your GCMS note.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, I don't think its a good idea for you to apply for a study permit to go to Quebec now. By doing so you are stating that you will arrive in Quebec and stay there till you complete your education. This implies you will only be eligible to Quebec immigration only and are not eligible for federal PR unless you get a CSQ.

I remember seeing in another thread a student from Montreal getting his PR rejected as he could not establish his intention to stay outside Quebec, a prerequisite to be considered for federal PR.

Hopefully you will get your PR soon,

Good Luck!

crusadecanada said:
Dear All,

thanks
Crusade to canada

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
pdoc said:
Hey, I don't think its a good idea for you to apply for a study permit to go to Quebec now. By doing so you are stating that you will arrive in Quebec and stay there till you complete your education. This implies you will only be eligible to Quebec immigration only and are not eligible for federal PR unless you get a CSQ.

I remember seeing in another thread a student from Montreal getting his PR rejected as he could not establish his intention to stay outside Quebec, a prerequisite to be considered for federal PR.

Hopefully you will get your PR soon,

Good Luck!
This is definitely true.
Plus even your study permit may get rejected because for getting a study permit you should prove that you will go back to your country after your studies whereas you have already applied for PR which implies you're not going to go back.
Defer your admission to September and you will get your PR by then.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, true PR and study permit are mutually exclusive in any other province. But not in Quebec. Quebec has its own immigration. You cannot apply for PR and say you would go to Quebec. If you are applying to stay in Quebec for your study you automatically disqualify your federal PR application. You might ask more experienced applicants for a confirmation.

Good Luck!

ibejiopad said:
PR and study permit are mutually exclusive. I don't see how and why his PR application would be rejected because he holds a study permit in a province. If you do your investigation on the dude you wrote about; it may have been his provincial nomination application to another province that got rejected.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding photograph specifications, I got these specifications from CIC but the place where i got pictures, he said these are not right one and it should be 35*45 something and they may refuse it. Please reply if anybody receives same or different?

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
4 You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.
4 Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
4 Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
4 Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
Notes to the photographer
The two (2) photographs must be:
4 taken by a commercial photographer
4 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures
between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural
top of head)
4 clear, sharp and in focus
4 taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
4 taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
4 taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the
photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face
centred in the middle of the photograph)
4 taken in front of a plain white or light coloured background with a clear difference between the
person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones
*The back of one (1) photograph must:
4 bear the name and complete address of the photography studio
4 bear the date the photograph was taken
4 the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels
are unacceptable.
Front Back
50 mm (2”)
Date, name
and address
of photography
studio*
Min. 31 mm (1 1/4”)
Max. 36 mm (1 7/16”)
70 mm (2 3/4”)
PERMANENT RESIDENTs
PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS

ksk_fsw

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dreams123 said:
Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding photograph specifications, I got these specifications from CIC but the place where i got pictures, he said these are not right one and it should be 35*45 something and they may refuse it. Please reply if anybody receives same or different?

Notes to the applicant
TAKE THIS SPECIFICATION SHEET WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER
4 You must provide two (2) identical and unaltered photographs.
4 Photographs may be in colour or black and white.
4 Photographs must be original and not altered in any way or taken from an existing photograph.
4 Photographs must reflect your current appearance (taken within the past six (6) months).
Notes to the photographer
The two (2) photographs must be:
4 taken by a commercial photographer
4 50 mm x 70 mm (2 inches wide x 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures
between 31 mm and 36 mm (1 1/4 inches and 1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural
top of head)
4 clear, sharp and in focus
4 taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling)
4 taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections
4 taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the
photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face
centred in the middle of the photograph)
4 taken in front of a plain white or light coloured background with a clear difference between the
person’s face and the background. Photographs must reflect/represent natural skin tones
*The back of one (1) photograph must:
4 bear the name and complete address of the photography studio
4 bear the date the photograph was taken
4 the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels
are unacceptable.
Front Back
50 mm (2”)
Date, name
and address
of photography
studio*
Min. 31 mm (1 1/4”)
Max. 36 mm (1 7/16”)
70 mm (2 3/4”)
PERMANENT RESIDENTs
PHOTOGRAPH SPECIFICATIONS
Hi.. This is the new photo format and I too got this same from CIC.. The place I took photo was already aware of it and they provided me 50 x 70 photos only.. I will be sending those to CIC soon..

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksk_fsw said:
Hi.. This is the new photo format and I too got this same from CIC.. The place I took photo was already aware of it and they provided me 50 x 70 photos only.. I will be sending those to CIC soon..
Thanks.

Charudip

Dec 27, 2015
Hello i am new to this form please add me into the spreadsheet. My timeline

ITA AUG 21
Aor 15 octobe
eligibilty In progress
Med defd due to wife pregrency

Nothung after that please help

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Charudip said:

ITA AUG 21
Aor 15 octobe
eligibilty In progress

help? all you need now is to wait. They may ask for other PCC/RCMP or Sch A if applicable during the wait.

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
Charudip said:

ITA AUG 21
Aor 15 octobe
eligibilty In progress

Updated..

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
jamason said:
hi all, i have updated the sheet with the information up till dec 27th. if there is any issue, pls let me know. i would need any one volunteer in oct or later applicants to update the sheet further, please request access. thanks.