Sep 18, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Joey10 said:
Great news June applicants getting DM.
Good luck.

For the rest of us waiting seems to me other streams are priority because new ppl entering Canada spend money . average immigrant $10k by 10000 ppl in the 100s of millions. Inland is less important .
People who are here pay lot more taxes than whet new people will ever spend.

With Economy not doing so great right now, Immigration is putting lot more strain on Tax payer funded Health System..

Don't get me wrong but I am just saying to prove a point that People who are already here make a sizable contribution to the economy of this country already.

New immigrants are a source of future growth.

Just a simple Fact on Express Entry, 70% of the Express Entry profiles are from people who are already in Canada itself.

vsu

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorkhethito said:
I got update today in ecas...adding 4th line wth medical received..but still in process on the front page..shouldnt it be APPLICATION RECEIVED..???As i know before it used to be application received when there is medical received added in ecas?
same for me... I guess its a mass update... got my 4th line saying medicals received on ECAS.

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
Same. I had a 5th Line added.
AOR July 28

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 28, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 28, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 6, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on August 6, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. Medical results have been received.
6. We sent you correspondence on August 25, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
dear friends... does the addition of this line for Medicals - which is basically a mass update... does it mean anything?

could it mean that FSW inlanders for June and July might not have to wait 130+ days which has been the average time to PPR for May FSW Inlanders?

does it mean movement on our files? expedited processing? anything?

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akhuttan said:
People who are here pay lot more taxes than whet new people will ever spend.

With Economy not doing so great right now, Immigration is putting lot more strain on Tax payer funded Health System..

Don't get me wrong but I am just saying to prove a point that People who are already here make a sizable contribution to the economy of this country already.

New immigrants are a source of future growth.

Just a simple Fact on Express Entry, 70% of the Express Entry profiles are from people who are already in Canada itself.
I was pondering the same question. What is CIC's logic of de-prioritizing inland FSW application (Most are eligible for CEC as well).
The 100 million argument by Joey is not bad provided the outlanders who got PR get a job. Its a future growth and immediate hit to health services.
On the contrary, most inlanders are just sitting tight for PR to come through to make major purchases (like a house, car, contribute to RRSP) which is more than 100 million. to top it all off, inlanders are paying taxes, CPP, EI premium and all the good stuff that helps the economy.

please note that i am not trying to differentiate between inland and outland applicants but the difference is glaring.
I still cannot make any sense out of CIC's rationale. Any thoughts?

came across this thread where outland applicants who got PR are finding it a bit hard to get employment.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/it-jobs-hunt-canada-t361716.0.html

SamKo

Jun 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-06-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
HB.Agenda2 said:
dear friends... does the addition of this line for Medicals - which is basically a mass update... does it mean anything?

could it mean that FSW inlanders for June and July might not have to wait 130+ days which has been the average time to PPR for May FSW Inlanders?

does it mean movement on our files? expedited processing? anything?
It's really hard to say what goes on inside CIC walls, and I'm not sure you can deduce much from this mass update (specially because it is Medical and most people got theirs really quick and have been waiting for months after that), BUUUT looking at "Days to ECAS in process" in the spreadsheet, seems like it took much more for May applicants (~100 days) to get to this state, less for June (~ 70 days) and even less for July applicants (<30 days). Based on this, it looks like it might go faster when CIC gets to June and July applicants ... fingers crossed!

Any thoughts?

maverick85

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
22-07-2015
SamKo said:
It's really hard to say what goes on inside CIC walls, and I'm not sure you can deduce much from this mass update (specially because it is Medical and most people got theirs really quick and have been waiting for months after that), BUUUT looking at "Days to ECAS in process" in the spreadsheet, seems like it took much more for May applicants (~100 days) to get to this state, less for June (~ 70 days) and even less for July applicants (<30 days). Based on this, it looks like it might go faster when CIC gets to June and July applicants ... fingers crossed!

Any thoughts?
You are right. I also think July and Aug will be faster. May June have been exceptionally slow. And all categories were slow including CEC, PNP. For July and Aug, a lot of CEC and PNP guys have already got DM/PPRs, so there's a slight hope that FSW inland will be faster the moment June is done with.

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
i resonate the same thoughts as maverick85... hopefully we get quicker decisions than the previous FSW inlanders... positive thinking helps through the wait...

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Congratulations to all who received their PPR. Hoping everybody else who's waiting get their soon.

Also, it would be great for others if the INLAND FSW Sheet is updated with all the newer information.

There's light at the ned of every tunnel :)

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
Also it would be great if there can be a census for the MAY INLAND FSW applicants who are still waiting.

FSW Inland.

EE profile created - Jan 29th
ITA received - Mar 27th
App submitted / AOR - May 26th
Medical passed - Jun 13th
BG in progress - Jun 13th

ECAS Status: In Process

We received your application for permanent residence on January 29, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 13, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
Haven't you applied for your GCMS notes?

Hi Chaitanya,

I applied for GCMS notes on Sep 26th. I guess I'll receive them after my PPR ;D If requesting GCMS doesn't delays it further :eek:

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know. I think ordering for GCMS notes has no impact on the processing time.

As you are due by 10 days in receiving your notes, it would be great if you could post here in the forum the outcome like what CIC is specifically looking for and in what sequence they do the evaluation.

Can you throw some light on how to order GCMS notes because I heard different answers across the forum. Some said it is free of cost and some say it costs 5$.

I wish you receive your PPR before your GCMS.