+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland CEC PR Application approved but no copr yet

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
I agree! Thank you for the information.

On a different note, my application was approved today and it has now COPR number. I am hoping I will receive a COPR document via email or mail soon.

And do we need to apply for a PR card tho? I was reading about it somewhere, IRCC sends it to your address and we don't need to apply for it separately.

Thank you!
Yes, you will need to apply for PR Card.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I agree! Thank you for the information.

On a different note, my application was approved today and it has now COPR number. I am hoping I will receive a COPR document via email or mail soon.

And do we need to apply for a PR card tho? I was reading about it somewhere, IRCC sends it to your address and we don't need to apply for it separately.

Thank you!
When is your AOR date, please?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi guys..For CEC inland applicants; any idea when (Post CoPR/Post CoPR and SIN update/after receiving PR card) are we considered permanent residents and can change jobs.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi guys..For CEC inland applicants; any idea when (Post CoPR/Post CoPR and SIN update/after receiving PR card) are we considered permanent residents and can change jobs.
You can change jobs if you have an open work permit even before you receive PR, it is only if you have a closed work permit there are certain restrictions.

After you receive PR, you're free to change jobs as many times as you like, you don't need the physical card.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Do we have to apply for new SINs after getting COPR or are they automatically updated?
SINs that begin with a "9" are issued to temporary workers who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents. So, you have to apply for a new SIN to reflect you're now a permanent resident.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
You can change jobs if you have an open work permit even before you receive PR, it is only if you have a closed work permit there are certain restrictions.

After you receive PR, you're free to change jobs as many times as you like, you don't need the physical card.
Thanks for your prompt response.
I am on closed work permit.
Post CoPR; do I also need to wait for SIN update (currently I have SIN starting with 9) before I change employers?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks for your prompt response.
I am on closed work permit.
Post CoPR; do I also need to wait for SIN update (currently I have SIN starting with 9) before I change employers?
The only restriction I know is going to work for another employer in a different province if you applied under PNP. However, if you applied under CEC, you have no restrictions.

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
You need to obtain the PR card to change your SIN number to reflect you're now a permanent resident.However, that does not change the fact you can change employer after you receive your COPR even while waiting to receive your PR card in the mail.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/reports/apply.html
I checked this link.
It seems if PR card is not there then we can provide CoPR with Canada driving license or passport as the proof.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
They don't request the passport for Inland applicants. I, myself, just received an email stating I am a permanent resident of Canada and I need to send in a picture for my PR card. That's all. TBH, this whole process of landing at the border and stuff for Inland applicants never made sense to me at all. But thankfully, due to COVID-19, they have changed their rules a little.
Hi, congratulations on your PR approval! May I ask if your previous visa/permits were revoked instantaneously when you receive the CoPR email, or it is still valid until you start your PR card process?

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
They don't request the passport for Inland applicants. I, myself, just received an email stating I am a permanent resident of Canada and I need to send in a picture for my PR card. That's all. TBH, this whole process of landing at the border and stuff for Inland applicants never made sense to me at all. But thankfully, due to COVID-19, they have changed their rules a little.
What’s ur aor ?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi, congratulations on your PR approval! May I ask if your previous visa/permits were revoked instantaneously when you receive the CoPR email, or it is still valid until you start your PR card process?
It is automatically revoked when you become permanent resident