+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland CEC 3rd Ghost Update - PPR Soon?

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
HI All,

This is my timeline. I am Inland CEC, AOR June 23 2018 - yes i know it’s been a while but I’ve been in Canada long enough to know how slow the government is.

UK passport, currently on PGWP after finishing Uni in BC. Processing Centre is Ottawa CPC.

Ghost Update 1 in July 2018 - Got an Email - IP1/MEP

Ghost Update 2 in August 2018 - Got an Email - IP2

ADR in August for Police Certificate from Home Country and Additional Educational Documents

Been in IP2 Since August 2018

Finally ordered GCMS last month and my file had been sitting untouched since August awaiting officer review, and I kind of forgot about it and went on with my life.

I logged back in June 8 and saw that I had the Application “Updated” Ghost Update, but I did not get an email this time.

Im not sure when the update happened because I do not log in frequently. My Medical went from Medical Passed to We do not need a medical test, but my medical results do not expire until June 20.

Is this the good Ghost Update sign that people on the forum are talking about? Or should I expect more waiting?

Planning on getting some insight before wasting an hour of my life on hold with CIC. Its been too long.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Helina93

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vegreville-Ottawa-Sydney-Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
HI All,

This is my timeline. I am Inland CEC, AOR June 23 2018 - yes i know it’s been a while but I’ve been in Canada long enough to know how slow the government is.

UK passport, currently on PGWP after finishing Uni in BC. Processing Centre is Ottawa CPC.

Ghost Update 1 in July 2018 - Got an Email - IP1/MEP

Ghost Update 2 in August 2018 - Got an Email - IP2

ADR in August for Police Certificate from Home COuntry and Additional Educational Documents

Been in IP2 Since August 2018

Finally ordered GCMS last month and my file had been sitting untouched since August awaiting officer review, and I kind of forgot about it and went on with my life.

I logged back in June 8 and saw that I had the Application “Updated” Ghost Update, but I did not get an email this time. After checked it the status returned to “Submitted”. Im not sure when the update exactly happened I got it since It had been a while.

Is this the good Ghost Update sign that people on the forum are talking about? Or should I expect more waiting?

Thanks in Advance
So I see two potential aspects over here for the ghost update.
1- check your medical, what is the status? The ghost update might be for the extension or expiry of your medical.
2- your criminality and/or security may be passed.

Call CIC and ask them directly. Good luck :)

Reactions: actntrl

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
So I see two potential aspects over here for the ghost update.
1- check your medical, what is the status? The ghost update might be for the extension or expiry of your medical.
2- your criminality and/or security may be passed.

Call CIC and ask them directly. Good luck :)
MEP passed almost a year ago. It used to say "you Passed your medical test". The layout is now different.

Currently it says:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
If its criminality/security, is that the last step?

I will call them first thing in the morning. Thank you and fingers crossed.

Last edited:

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
MEP passed almost a year ago. It used to say "you Passed your medical test". The layout is now different.

Currently it says:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
If its criminality/security, is that the last step?

I will call them first thing in the morning. Thank you and fingers crossed.
so the ghost update was for your medical expire status.. you do not need a medical exam means it is expired. you might get requested for re meds..
criminality is in between step, security passed is one of the last.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
Keep us posted :)

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Keep us posted :)
You were right!

Everything (eligibility, BGC, criminality) else for PR is cleared, and the officer is awaiting approval from Medical Canada to see if they can use my current medical results and approve of my application. My Medical expires June 20.

Since I have to take one for my extension work permit anyway, its money I have to spend, but I guess for good news...

Thank you for your help

kpac

May 30, 2019
You were right!

Everything (eligibility, BGC, criminality) else for PR is cleared, and the officer is awaiting approval from Medical Canada to see if they can use my current medical results and approve of my application. My Medical expires June 20.

Since I have to take one for my extension work permit anyway, its money I have to spend, but I guess for good news...

Thank you for your help

Hi
I got the same update last week on my medical. My medical expiring on July 17 th. When did your medical changed? Keep me posted.

Thanks.

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Hi
I got the same update last week on my medical. My medical expiring on July 17 th. When did your medical changed? Keep me posted.

Thanks.
Mine expires 20th June. CIC Agent sent request to Medical Canada to extend my results on June 7. But I have to take another medical anyway for my extension work permit. All my other stuff is cleared tho just pending decision on medical before i get my ppr

Last edited:

kpac

May 30, 2019
Mine expires 20th June. CIC Agent sent request to Medical Canada to extend my results on June 7. But I have to take another medical anyway for my extension work permit.
Alright .. when you get medical passed please let me know. They are deciding whether to extend or ask for re med for me. For your work permit if you are doing border run you don't need medical test I guess. Coz one of my friend recently did work permit extension and he did give medical.

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
Alright .. when you get medical passed please let me know. They are deciding whether to extend or ask for re med for me. For your work permit if you are doing border run you don't need medical test I guess. Coz one of my friend recently did work permit extension and he did give medical.
I need a new medical exam anyway for my extension work permit, regardless of when I get my PPR.

It's up to the Medical Canada decide wether or not to extend your current (i assume passed) results. My lawyer told me it usually depends on where you are from, currently live, and your age, amongst other external factors.

My original medical for PR was passed since august 2018, right now they're just deciding wether to extend or not to issue PPR. If they don't I will already have a new valid medical test to present to them.

kpac

May 30, 2019
I need a new medical anyway for my extension.

It's up to the government to decide wether or not to extend. My lawyer told me it depends on where you are from/live, and your age, etc.

My original medical was passed since august 2018, they're just deciding wether they will extend or not to issue PPR. If they dont I will already have a new valid medical test.

Alright cool.

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
You were right!

Thank you for your help
hey there! Congratulations :) now just wait for PPR.
Also, you do not need a medical exam for work permit extension. Do not waste your precious money for now and wait till they ask you for re meds or maybe they will extend your meds. Good luck :)

actntrl

Jan 21, 2017
hey there! Congratulations :) now just wait for PPR.
Also, you do not need a medical exam for work permit extension. Do not waste your precious money for now and wait till they ask you for re meds or maybe they will extend your meds. Good luck :)
Just got PPR! thanks again

r00hi

Sep 4, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
25-05-2018