Med's Request
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
21-10-2021

londtwenty

Mar 20, 2020
Still waiting on my application. I have been approved in principal as per my last letter received in November. I received a second request to do my medical in November at the same time - which I completed and passed, for the second time.

Then another "request letter" about my biometrics:
As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need
to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a
visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of
age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident
applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your
application submission.

Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee
with your application or since the submission of your application.

Why ask for biometrics if they already have them. Is this just a standard letter everyone receives? I've sent in my biometrics receipt a few times - completed back in 2018.

Should I expect a landing interview next?

Nina99

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018

Mat00

Jun 4, 2020
Still waiting on my application. I have been approved in principal as per my last letter received in November. I received a second request to do my medical in November at the same time - which I completed and passed, for the second time.

Then another "request letter" about my biometrics:
As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You need
to give your biometrics and pay the fee, even if you gave your biometrics in the past to support a
visitor visa, study or work permit application, or a different permanent resident application.
If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you and your accompanying dependents (who are 14 years of
age or older), will need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) for all permanent resident
applications. This letter is a reminder to submit the Biometrics fee if you did not include it with your
application submission.

Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee

Why ask for biometrics if they already have them. Is this just a standard letter everyone receives? I've sent in my biometrics receipt a few times - completed back in 2018.

Should I expect a landing interview next?
Maybe you should redo it? Always do whatever they tell you to do to prevent delays

Reactions: Deh_avilla

londtwenty

Mar 20, 2020
Maybe you should redo it? Always do whatever they tell you to do to prevent delays
I think I need a reference code/letter to apply for it (again). Correct? The letter I received did not provide that information.

They then mentioned the following in the same letter - "Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee
"

I re-sent my biometrics receipt to them. I haven't had confirmation from them yet. Let's see if they even do respond...

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Mat00

Jun 4, 2020
I think I need a reference code/letter to apply for it (again). Correct? The letter I received did not provide that information.

They then mentioned the following in the same letter - "Please disregard this reminder if you have already paid and submitted your Biometrics fee
"

I re-sent my biometrics receipt to them. I haven't had confirmation from them yet. Let's see if they even do respond...
Yeah maybe you should wait

londtwenty

Mar 20, 2020
I have had a reply from the immigration office.

They have made up some nonsense saying my biometrics were refunded 2 years ago (2 YEARS AGO!) , despite confirming receipt of my biometrics by email. They can't provide any evidence of the refund. I have no refund on my account, and no cheque came through the post. I also received no correspondence from their office saying their was a refund.

I have now paid for a second biometrics.

Even my local MP's office are blown away by the incompetence. I will be going to the media with this nightmare. I've had enough.