+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
hi,

i want to share you my story because i was so confused whether to apply under AIPP or nomination. my employer is already a designate employer under aipp. my question is, how do the employer apply for an endorsement letter? they have a portal but they dont know what to do.

thank you! please reply. :(
There are other forums on canadavisa.com that might be able to help you better. We are all doing the spousal sponsorship route and likely have very limited advice to give on any other means to immigrate to Canada.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Anybody has received any further update from the Montreal Hub office? I read on the June 2018 thread people in the same situation still waiting and apparently they have massive delays there (6/8 months from the moment they start processing).

Marilena

Oct 10, 2018
Toronto
Anybody has received any further update from the Montreal Hub office? I read on the June 2018 thread people in the same situation still waiting and apparently they have massive delays there (6/8 months from the moment they start processing).
No update, same timeline as yours.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
There hasn't been any movement for anyone in Montreal. When I spoke with my local MP, they suggested to contact the Minister of Immigration, Ahmed Hassen. They are the only ones with any power at this point to re-distribute, or allocate additional resources to files. I have contacted them about the issue, as have many other affected people from June/August. I mentioned that if in fact it does take 18 months to approve our apps, it will go beyond their self imposed application processing timeline of 12 months, and our medical tests will have expired.

See this post here in the Canada Spousal Sponsorship Support Group for details, including how to contact Ahmed Hussen:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/permalink/2086920568095764/

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Back in December 2016, when they changed the processing time to 12 months, anyone who had applied even a day before the change in policy had to wait the full 26 months for PR approval, even if their file was simple and could have been approved quickly. IRCC just tossed those files aside and started processing the ones received after dec 2016 to meet the new deadline. So they dont have a great track record of caring. I would hope this new Minister of Immigration would at least be able to step in and rectify our situation. I cant wait another day.

Last edited:

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Hey guys,

I got an interview scheduled letter today!

My timeline is below you can also see it at my signature.
Hope you guys all hear good news soon or have already heard. :)

FYI, my GC account states still like this
I don't know if it's just me but probably wise not to focus too much on that.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
  • Review of eligibility----------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
  • Review of medical results-------------You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
  • Review of additional documents-----We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
  • Interview-----------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
  • Biometrics---------------------------------We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
  • Background check-----------------------We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
  • Final decision-----------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sent Application: August 16, 2018
Application Delivered:
August 31, 2018 (It was supposed to arrive the next day (Xpresspost! within Ontario!!!:mad:)but took 15 days, come on Canada Post)
AOR Received: September 26, 2018, 2:15 PM EST
Application linked: September 26, 2018, 2:48 PM EST
Medical Request Received: November 14, 2018, 1:04 PM EST
(got an email from CIC)
Medical Exam Done: November 21, 2018
Medical Passed: November 28, 2018
(no email or a message )
Started processing PR application: February 19, 2019
Employment Docs requested: March 29, 2019
The Docs sent: March 31, 2019

SA Letter Received: April 1, 2019 (The requirements for Eligibility as a sponsor)
ECAS Changed Decision Made: April 2, 2019 (Sponsorship Application Status)
PR Decision Made Letter: April 17, 2019 ( Permanent Residence Application Status - email notification & pdf message on GC Account)
Interview Letter Received: April 24, 2019 (email notification & pdf message on GC Account)
Interview Day Coming!!!: May 2, 2019

Last edited:

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
Hey guys,

I got an interview scheduled letter today!

My timeline is below you can also see it at my signature.
Hope you guys all hear good news soon or have already heard. :)

FYI, my GC account states still like this
I don't know if it's just me but probably wise not to focus too much on that.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
  • Review of eligibility----------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
  • Review of medical results-------------You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
  • Review of additional documents-----We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
  • Interview-----------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
  • Biometrics---------------------------------We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
  • Background check-----------------------We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
  • Final decision-----------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sent Application: August 16, 2018
Application Delivered:
August 31, 2018 (It was supposed to arrive the next day (Xpresspost! within Ontario!!!:mad:)but took 15 days, come on Canada Post)
AOR Received: September 26, 2018, 2:15 PM EST
Application linked: September 26, 2018, 2:48 PM EST
Medical Request Received: November 14, 2018, 1:04 PM EST
(got an email from CIC)
Medical Exam Done: November 21, 2018
Medical Passed: November 28, 2018
(no email or a message )
Started processing PR application: February 19, 2019
Employment Docs requested: March 29, 2019
The Docs sent: March 31, 2019
SA Letter Received(The requirements for Eligibility as a sponsor): April 1, 2019

ECAS Changed Decision Made: April 2, 2019 (Sponsorship Application Status)
PR Decision Made Letter: April 17, 2019 ( Permanent Residence Application Status - email notification & pdf message on GC Account)
Interview Letter Received: April 24, 2019 (email notification & pdf message on GC Account)
Interview Day Coming!!!: May 2, 2019
Congrats. Where they process your app? Quebec?

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks, they process mine on Winnipeg, Ontario.
Congratulations. Very similar timelines (as my spouse's application) but we're stuck on SA since March 7. PA shows "started processing" since Feb 19, 2019, as well. Application processed in Winnipeg (as per the SA letter).

Hoping for some action soon.

All the best for your interview and congratulations again.

rachna456

Oct 25, 2018
There hasn't been any movement for anyone in Montreal. When I spoke with my local MP, they suggested to contact the Minister of Immigration, Ahmed Hassen. They are the only ones with any power at this point to re-distribute, or allocate additional resources to files. I have contacted them about the issue, as have many other affected people from June/August. I mentioned that if in fact it does take 18 months to approve our apps, it will go beyond their self imposed application processing timeline of 12 months, and our medical tests will have expired.

See this post here in the Canada Spousal Sponsorship Support Group for details, including how to contact Ahmed Hussen:
hi Jay
I wrote to Honorable Ahmed Hussen but i simply got automated reply with some links they dont even look in matters i call cic call center as i am in almost 10th month of my processing and they yet not started my BGC and ppl from oct 2018 are getting interview calls really montreal hub is bad at service

Reactions: Linda_s74

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018

Thank you, I requested to join the fb group.

Gloriousgirl

Sep 12, 2018
Congratulations. Very similar timelines (as my spouse's application) but we're stuck on SA since March 7. PA shows "started processing" since Feb 19, 2019, as well. Application processed in Winnipeg (as per the SA letter).

Hoping for some action soon.

All the best for your interview and congratulations again.
Hi,
Was your officer SK in the SA letter? Just like you, we received SA on March 8 from officer SK in Winnipeg and nothing since then. However, I ordered my gcms notes and found that my file was transferred to Calgary. No problems on my application or adverse information. Just a workshare arrangement. So maybe the officer who processed yours in Winnipeg may have moved it along for another office to process. From my notes, I found the officer in Winnipeg only reviewed eligibility for sponsor and another officer in Calgary will do the eligibility for applicant. As at the time I received the notes, my file had been received in Calgary. You may call CIC to find out where your app is being processed right now, may no longer be in Winnipeg.

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi,
Was your officer SK in the SA letter? Just like you, we received SA on March 8 from officer SK in Winnipeg and nothing since then. However, I ordered my gcms notes and found that my file was transferred to Calgary. No problems on my application or adverse information. Just a workshare arrangement. So maybe the officer who processed yours in Winnipeg may have moved it along for another office to process. From my notes, I found the officer in Winnipeg only reviewed eligibility for sponsor and another officer in Calgary will do the eligibility for applicant. As at the time I received the notes, my file had been received in Calgary. You may call CIC to find out where your app is being processed right now, may no longer be in Winnipeg.
Thanks for the helpful info. But no, an officer named JC signed our SA letter. I'll order GCMS notes soon and see what's happening. This delay is hard to bear. Especially, when a few candidates with similar or even later timelines seem to be at the Interview stage.

Reactions: jojo2969

lenafntnd

Nov 6, 2018
Just received Sponsor Approval today and that's when we saw we have the Montreal office... Why so slow!?

Application Delivered:
August 20, 2018
AOR Received: Never
Medical Request Received: October 30, 2018,

Medical Exam Done: November 28, 2018
Medical Passed: Early December

Started processing PR application: February 20, 2019
SA Letter Received: April 24, 2019

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
Did your notes include anything about eligibility, such as "Bona fide relationship" etc? And did you order them before or after SA? ...just trying to figure out if it's worth getting mine as well.