+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Sofia3332156899

Apr 15, 2018
Wow, Sofia! That's great. Maybe my medical is holding things up. I haven't received any sort of update like you have.
Has anyone else received a message that they have begun your background check? Thanks for everyone's time.
When did you send your medicals? It usually takes a month to update it. My bg started right away after my medicals

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I got my medical at the end of November, but I also have non-accompanying minors in the US. They are requiring they get medicals too even though they aren't coming here. They won't do it, so I've had a little hang up trying to get that documented. I may be hung up in medicals for now...but I don't think anyone else in this forum has started their BGC yet. Maybe soon.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
It was received in May, but it also was sent back to me in June, then my documents got lost and in August I was told they found it and immediately starting their process. So, November 30th I sent my medicals, it took 3 weeks to update that I passed my medicals. I got OWP in December and just getting updates now. How long does it usually take to get PPR after review of eligibility?
Ah gotcha! I wanted to double check that you were in the proper forum. You may very well be ahead of us if they started processing your application right away then. What does your AOR state and when does it state that they started processing your application on ECAS?

PPR is only for outland applications. Instead, you'll have an interview where you'll need to bring your passport, along with the other requirements stipulated in the information they provide. That process could be a few months out for you still.

MashusCa

Nov 21, 2018
Hello everyone. Can anyone share..now that we have our OWPs and medicals passed..what can we expect next? Do we now move to the Background check process? I've heard that can take several months to complete. Is this correct? Thank you for your time.
Hi I’m also in the process and i just came back from my country (mexico) i went on vacations for 3 weeks.
Your OWP is not a travel document but it gives you legal status in the country.
I have my ETA and my OWP so I came back without trouble.
Since you don’t need a visa or Eta to enter the country you should be fine to travel.
And when you come back you just show them your permi as purpose and say you are in the PROCESS of PR
You should be ok to travel.

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Checked my (PA) ecas today for the first time in a while and it says:

We started processing your application on February 15, 2019.

Any idea what this entails?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018

I believe this is eligibility/background

Btw does the status on your sponsor side say "application received" or "in process"?

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
I believe this is eligibility/background

Btw does the status on your sponsor side say "application received" or "in process"?
On Sponsor's side it has the following:

Sponsorship Application Status: Application Recieved
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process

Wifortiz

Dec 4, 2018
Category........
FAM

Don't know what it means but mine had change to...

olafson1393

Feb 27, 2018
@olafson1393 I am an American and my OWP says it cannot be used as a travel doc, so I am not planning to travel outside of Canada until I know for sure my PR status has been approved. Good luck to you all.
@cindyestteacher we were always told not to submit another application while one was in progress so my wife did not apply to extend her temporary resident visa while the OWP was processing. We're in a bit of a pickle since we've paid for the vacation that we'll be going on to Alaska (in hindsight this might have been a big mistake).

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? Obviously worst case scenario is that she is denied re-entry. Should she be applying for another TRV from within Canada now? If not, should she be requesting another TRV upon attempted re-entry? Should we be cancelling our vacation??

olafson1393

Feb 27, 2018
Hi I’m also in the process and i just came back from my country (mexico) i went on vacations for 3 weeks.
Your OWP is not a travel document but it gives you legal status in the country.
I have my ETA and my OWP so I came back without trouble.
Since you don’t need a visa or Eta to enter the country you should be fine to travel.
And when you come back you just show them your permi as purpose and say you are in the PROCESS of PR
You should be ok to travel.
I saw this post after @cindyestteacher had replied to me. This is an interesting case of reading between the lines which seems like what this entire process is all about. I'm curious to know how confident you are in this? As is the case with @cindyestteacher my wife is a US citizen who's passport allows her to travel to Canada. To reference my above post, should she be requesting another TRV at any point in the process of us leaving the country for vacation?

Cali14214

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Burlington
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-10--2018
Doc's Request.
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-11-2018
I saw this post after @cindyestteacher had replied to me. This is an interesting case of reading between the lines which seems like what this entire process is all about. I'm curious to know how confident you are in this? As is the case with @cindyestteacher my wife is a US citizen who's passport allows her to travel to Canada. To reference my above post, should she be requesting another TRV at any point in the process of us leaving the country for vacation?
A US citizen does not need a TRV and if she has a valid OWP she can travel. US citizen are different because they can be in Canada for 6 months without any type of Visa. This is not explained well on the IRCC sight and can be very confusing indeed.

Reactions: olafson1393

rpsingh1993

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Ah gotcha! I wanted to double check that you were in the proper forum. You may very well be ahead of us if they started processing your application right away then. What does your AOR state and when does it state that they started processing your application on ECAS?

PPR is only for outland applications. Instead, you'll have an interview where you'll need to bring your passport, along with the other requirements stipulated in the information they provide. That process could be a few months out for you still.
if PPR is only for outland than what would be next in my case?

I have sponsor side showing application received and applicant side in process.
Also, I have passed my medicals and never submitted PCC as I was in Canada since age of 18 and never left the country, got married here.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
My partner (the applicant) is also from the US and we have traveled by air to the US and Mexico since receiving OWP and don't have a TRV or visitor visa. Initially, he came here in January 2017 on an intra-company transfer (temporary worker's permit through NAFTA), which looks exactly like the OWP, with the same restrictions that it is not a valid travel document. We've probably re-entered Canada 15+ times since then with nothing other than the work permit and passport.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
if PPR is only for outland than what would be next in my case?

I have sponsor side showing application received and applicant side in process.
Also, I have passed my medicals and never submitted PCC as I was in Canada since age of 18 and never left the country, got married here.
I'm also in the same boat right now. Next step is we should be getting sponsor approval, then approval in principle (AIP) follows almost immediately, and often the same day from what I've read. Next will be decision made on the applicant's side and you'll then wait for correspondence for an interview!