Sponsorship Application Status
Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status
In Process

I remember that it used to be:
Sponsorship Application Status
In Process

I hope that it's a good thing
Hi there. I am not sure what an ECAS is. My application on cic website shows like this:
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As you see, there is no heading of SPonsorship application status, or Permanent Residence Application Status. Can you let me know where I can find them?

Also, two other questions:
  1. At the time of the application, I used an older checklist, where I didn't send my police check. I have since acquired a police check. Should I use the webmail to let them know that I now have it?
  2. At the time of the application, we were not pregnant. We are now due in August. Should I use the webmail to let them know that we are pregnant?
Thanks for your time.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hi there. I am not sure what an ECAS is. My application on cic website shows like this:
Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Not applicable.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
As you see, there is no heading of SPonsorship application status, or Permanent Residence Application Status. Can you let me know where I can find them?

Also, two other questions:
  1. At the time of the application, I used an older checklist, where I didn't send my police check. I have since acquired a police check. Should I use the webmail to let them know that I now have it?
  2. At the time of the application, we were not pregnant. We are now due in August. Should I use the webmail to let them know that we are pregnant?
Thanks for your time.
Go on this link and select application number, fill your application no., sponsor's surname, date of birth and place of birth as asked. There will be two columns which shows sponsor and principal applicant's application status.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

2. In general, if someone hasn't submitted police certificates along with application, they usually request it as additional documents. I am not sure why they haven't asked it for yet . You talking about PCC for back home or from canada?

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Go on this link and select application number, fill your application no., sponsor's surname, date of birth and place of birth as asked. There will be two columns which shows sponsor and principal applicant's application status.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

2. In general, if someone hasn't submitted police certificates along with application, they usually request it as additional documents. I am not sure why they haven't asked it for yet . You talking about PCC for back home or from canada?
Hi there. Thanks! I checked our ECAS too, and for the sponsor we also got "Application Received". Is that a good sign?
Yes. I am talking about PCC from back home. And any ideas about declaration of pregnancy?

olafson1393

Feb 27, 2018
Hey everyone,

I've been inactive for some time now, and my signature isn't quite up to date yet. Life has been busy in addition to my wife's application..

I do have one question for anyone who can help though... I was under the impression that when my wife's open work permit was approved and delivered she would be under a new legal status in Canada. The document that was just delivered, however, states that it is not a valid travel document.

She's an American citizen so I believe her passport should allow her to travel in most cases, however I'm wondering now if I missed a step, and if we should have also requested an additional extension to her TRV which has now expired... I had thought applying for the work permit was essentially the same.

I'll try to get my signature up to date asap though! Thanks fo the help in advance!

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
@olafson1393 I am an American and my OWP says it cannot be used as a travel doc, so I am not planning to travel outside of Canada until I know for sure my PR status has been approved. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: Nina99

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello everyone. Can anyone share..now that we have our OWPs and medicals passed..what can we expect next? Do we now move to the Background check process? I've heard that can take several months to complete. Is this correct? Thank you for your time.

Sofia3332156899

Apr 15, 2018
So after ghost update (about 2 weeks), I got a real update,
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

ForeverYou

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
20-09-2018
Doc's Request.
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
Med's Request
24-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi Sofia,

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Wow, Sofia! That's great. Maybe my medical is holding things up. I haven't received any sort of update like you have.
Has anyone else received a message that they have begun your background check? Thanks for everyone's time.

Reactions: ForeverYou

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Congrats, but I think you might be in the wrong forum. This forum is for applications that were received in August of 2018, but according to your history, it looks like your app was received May 29th 2018?

Sofia3332156899

Apr 15, 2018
It was received in May, but it also was sent back to me in June, then my documents got lost and in August I was told they found it and immediately starting their process. So, November 30th I sent my medicals, it took 3 weeks to update that I passed my medicals. I got OWP in December and just getting updates now. How long does it usually take to get PPR after review of eligibility?