+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Gidificil

Oct 12, 2018
My PR and OWP were received at Mississauga by courier on August 3rd, so far my representative has not received the AOR and the package was not returned yet. Do you guys think it is normal not receive the AOR?

Last edited:

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
My PR and OWP were received at Mississauga by courier on August 3rd, so far my representative has not received the AOR and the package was not returned yet. Do you guys think it is normal not receive the AOR?
I am not saying that this is your situation... but this is what happened to me. I am also an August applicant. I saw many people getting their AOR's and I wasn't receiving mine. I asked around on these blog pages but nothing. I saw that some people were able to link theirs online. I had a previous UCI number so I tried to link ours and it worked. Then went to ECAS with the application number and it said in process. I finally called the CIC number got an agent that told me that our application was already in process. He gave us the application number, officially. For some reason, CIC had decided to mail our AOR instead of email. We literally only got it last week and in our ECAS it said that they started processing our application on September 6 on the sponsor side. I would start with calling the agents to see if they can find your application in their system.

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Gidificil

Oct 12, 2018
I am not saying that this is your situation... but this is what happened to me. I am also an August applicant. I saw many people getting their AOR's and I wasn't receiving mine. I asked around on these blog pages but nothing. I saw that some people were able to link theirs online. I had a previous UCI number so I tried to link ours and it worked. Then went to ECAS with the application number and it said in process. I finally called the CIC number got an agent that told me that our application was already in process. He gave us the application number, officially. For some reason, CIC had decided to mail our AOR instead of email. We literally only got it last week and in our ECAS it said that they started processing our application on September 6 on the sponsor side. I would start with calling the agents to see if they can find your application in their system.
I also already have a UCI number but I can't link the app because I have a paid representative and I am concerning if I call them, it can be a problem or they make a note when someone requires about the apps. Maybe I am just being paranoid lol.

Last edited:

LeeTel

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Call your rep and ask them to follow up with ircc usually send it by email if you provided one or mailing address if there was no email. Goodluck. Just got ours thursday. Original date august 13th returned package sept 9th. Receiver again sept 11th got AOR october 11th. Goodluck. Thats why i dont like paid reps. Sorry just my personal opinion.

Gidificil

Oct 12, 2018
Call your rep and ask them to follow up with ircc usually send it by email if you provided one or mailing address if there was no email. Goodluck. Just got ours thursday. Original date august 13th returned package sept 9th. Receiver again sept 11th got AOR october 11th. Goodluck. Thats why i dont like paid reps. Sorry just my personal opinion.
Thank you.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,

We are in similar situation. File received at Mississauga on Aug. 31st. We got temp. file number but no AOR. We try to call once in a week, and same answer all the time i.e. to wait for AOR. So frustrating because not sure what is going on. Let me know if you get any updates for your application.

Reactions: Gidificil

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Does anyone know if getting a temporary UCI # is normal? What does it mean? Lady on phone today gave us temp. UCI # even though I have a UCI# when I got visitor visa. We also have temp. file number but never heard of temp. UCI# starting with T*****************. Any help please?

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Hello,

We are in similar situation. File received at Mississauga on Aug. 31st. We got temp. file number but no AOR. We try to call once in a week, and same answer all the time i.e. to wait for AOR. So frustrating because not sure what is going on. Let me know if you get any updates for your application.
Join this group on Facebook they will ans your questions instantly

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Hello fellas,

I am a Permanent Resident and sent my wife's inland spouse sponsorship and OWP applications together (she arrived in Canada on a visitor visa in July 2018). Following is the timeline so far;

App. sent: Aug. 10 2018
App. received: Aug. 14 2018
Waiting for AOR

Can someone please answer a couple of my questions;

1. For how long will her OWP be valid? Will it be valid until her PR is processed or 6/12 months period?

2. Will she be eligible for healthcare benefits on OWP?

I'd really appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
An update that concerns Quebec applicants

Just got AOR from CSQ app.

App sent Sept. 17th and Received next day.
AOR Sept. 25th
Credit card charged: Sept. 25th

The letter says app will be dealt with in the coming weeks, within 25 days, so hopefully I will get CSQ in two weeks. :)

Congrats

tunay

Dec 19, 2015
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Hi and welcome @Yogeshs !

Thank you for sharing your timeline.
I wish you a smooth process and lots of patience :)

André
Hi there,
We've placed the application for spousal sponsorship - inland and OWP for my wife on August 8th.
We have received an application number starting with 'F' on September 19th.
We are still waiting for AOR, so that we can't link our application to our account, and are not able to see the process.

My questions are:
1. Will there be another application number for OWP application or not?
2. A country-specific document needed to be renewed, just because the document itself dates a validity end day, and it was already expired when we've placed the application. Anyway, we've send the documents and noted that we will renew the expired document. And we could able to send renewed document almost 8 weeks after first placement of the application. October 5th.
We are still waiting for AOR,
- 9 weeks after first placement of application or,
- 4 weeks after receiving the Application Number (starting with 'F') or,
- 1 week after sending the renewed document.

Based on the above from which date do you guys think we should start counting the days for processing time?

Thanks for any reply...

Yogeshs

Oct 9, 2018
Hi there,
We've placed the application for spousal sponsorship - inland and OWP for my wife on August 8th.
We are still waiting for AOR, so that we can't link our application to our account, and are not able to see the process.

My questions are:
2. A country-specific document needed to be renewed, just because the document itself dates a validity end day, and it was already expired when we've placed the application. Anyway, we've send the documents and noted that we will renew the expired document. And we could able to send renewed document almost 8 weeks after first placement of the application. October 5th.

Based on the above from which date do you guys think we should start counting the days for processing time?

Thanks for any reply...
What is AOR then? I thought the email we receive that says they have received the application is AOR. My application numbr is also starting from F. Is it not the AOR?

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi there,

My questions are:

Thanks for any reply...
Hi and welcome @tunay !

What you (or the sponsor) received with the application number starting with F is your AOR. Did you got it by email?
Answering you and @Yogeshs this email is your AOR = Acknowledgement Of Receipt. :)

@tunay

1: Yes, there is a specific app number for OWP, but you don't get AOR for it, I think you discover it when you link the OWP app or calling IRCC;
2: Now you know you already got AOR, so once your document its renewed, send it to IRCC via WebForm;
3: The processing time starts at the date they give AOR, in your case september 19th.

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask, I may not reply instantly but I try to help as also do the good fellas here.
Good luck
André

Last edited:
Reactions: tunay and Yogeshs