+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I got the landing letter a month after DM on ecas, and the landing letter gave me an appointment date a little over two weeks from the issuing date on the letter. (Same date I received the letter, since it was emailed.) So about six weeks from DM on ecas to our interview day!
Do you mean it was two weeks after you received DM that they sent you the landing letter?

Last edited:

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Don’t worry! The letter seems to take longer than you’d think. I suppose there’s a lot to coordinate, with people canceling/rescheduling, with interviewers going on vacation or on leave...it seems very normal for letters to take a few weeks at least. But in most places, the interview date comes pretty quickly after the letter, so you’re nearly done!
Okay. Thanks you SO MUCH for your insight. We live in a small village so our MP isn’t so busy. He called on Monday and they told him I was approved and a letter was being prepared. I get it in my mind that the guy on the other end was wrong and I wasnt approved..please
Tell me I’m overthinking. I’m so mentally exhausted...

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I recieved a letter yesterday for an interview and bring 2 I.D picture and passport and permit. Is that the landing interview?
Sounds like it. Yes! Congratulations! How long after you received DM?

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I understand the landing letter will provide details about what I need to bring to the interview, but it seems some letters are different than others. Some landing letters have asked for your permit (I assume that means my OWP?) and others have asked for info about where I (the PA work). What has been your experience? Do they typically ask for the OWP to be turned in? Most people, from what I've read simply take two ID's and maybe an updated photo. Again, just curious.

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Bring your set of pictures, your passport, proof of initial entry into Canada (boarding pass, stamped passport, visitor record, etc) and your OWP for sure, and then anything else the letter asks for. Mine had an easy to read list (with highlights in blue and yellow for important points, lol, very organized). If any info has changed on your passport or birth certificate (name change, passport renewal, etc), bring confirmation of that. The letter will say if anything else is needed. You also bring your copy of the landing letter, printed out. Your sponsor needs government issued photo ID but a drivers license is fine.

They checked the PA passport, asked for verbal confirmation of current address/contact info, asked where we got married, confirmed first date of entry, and wrote ‘void’ on the OWP. (They didn’t keep it, though.)

After that, they ask the questions about crimes, then they congratulate you! You initial the info on the COPR letter, then sign. You get a copy, your photo is attached to their copy, and you go get your new SIN and start living your life in Canada as a PR!
I understand the landing letter will provide details about what I need to bring to the interview, but it seems some letters are different than others. Some landing letters have asked for your permit (I assume that means my OWP?) and others have asked for info about where I (the PA work). What has been your experience? Do they typically ask for the OWP to be turned in? Most people, from what I've read simply take two ID's and maybe an updated photo. Again, just curious.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Bring your set of pictures, your passport, proof of initial entry into Canada (boarding pass, stamped passport, visitor record, etc) and your OWP for sure, and then anything else the letter asks for. Mine had an easy to read list (with highlights in blue and yellow for important points, lol, very organized). If any info has changed on your passport or birth certificate (name change, passport renewal, etc), bring confirmation of that. The letter will say if anything else is needed. You also bring your copy of the landing letter, printed out. Your sponsor needs government issued photo ID but a drivers license is fine.

They checked the PA passport, asked for verbal confirmation of current address/contact info, asked where we got married, confirmed first date of entry, and wrote ‘void’ on the OWP. (They didn’t keep it, though.)

After that, they ask the questions about crimes, then they congratulate you! You initial the info on the COPR letter, then sign. You get a copy, your photo is attached to their copy, and you go get your new SIN and start living your life in Canada as a PR!
Okay. Thank you. I first came here for one week over 2 years ago. I don't have a boarding pass and they didn't stamp my passport (US citizen). I won't have any of that..but surely they can see from checking my passport..ugh! Should I be concerned? I don't know what else I could do.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I think I might have an issue....I first visited here for one week in April of 2017...however, I actually drove over the border in May of 2017. That's when I started living here (even though I was a visitor at first). I see on my application that I write "Date and place of your original entry to Canada May 12, 2017..but I actually visited here for one week the month before....How should I answer during the interview?? I checked my application a MILLION TIMES (or so it seemed) and I not once even thought about the week in April I spent here. ugh! Am I sunk? or should I tell them this during the interview???

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
I imagine they have all that info,and yeah, if they didn’t stamp you and you crossed by land, they shouldn’t need more. I know a lot of people who fly just dig through their email to print off their old email confirmation of flight/emailed boarding pass, but otherwise, just make sure you know the date you entered on the visit during which you applied (not your first entry ever to Canada, just that specific one).
Okay. Thank you. I first came here for one week over 2 years ago. I don't have a boarding pass and they didn't stamp my passport (US citizen). I won't have any of that..but surely they can see from checking my passport..ugh! Should I be concerned? I don't know what else I could do.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I imagine they have all that info,and yeah, if they didn’t stamp you and you crossed by land, they shouldn’t need more. I know a lot of people who fly just dig through their email to print off their old email confirmation of flight/emailed boarding pass, but otherwise, just make sure you know the date you entered on the visit during which you applied (not your first entry ever to Canada, just that specific one).
Okay so I won't include the month before when I stayed for a week...I don't know WHY I didn't think to write that on the app..I was so focused on the month after when I drove over and that''s when I actually stayed ...ugh! So you think I"ll be okay...So sorry to bother you again.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
I think I might have an issue....I first visited here for one week in April of 2017...however, I actually drove over the border in May of 2017. That's when I started living here (even though I was a visitor at first). I see on my application that I write "Date and place of your original entry to Canada May 12, 2017..but I actually visited here for one week the month before....How should I answer during the interview?? I checked my application a MILLION TIMES (or so it seemed) and I not once even thought about the week in April I spent here. ugh! Am I sunk? or should I tell them this during the interview???
@lucky rabbit Did you read this post? I just want to be sure...Thank you for your patience with me. You'll be rid of me soon. ;)

Reactions: luckyrabbit13

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Don’t worry! It’s really confusing wording, I think, when they say “first entry” or “initial entry.” They just need the date your last “visit” started in order to calculate your length of residency in Canada for your citizenship application if/when you apply. They don’t care about any previous entries, though, just the one where you stayed and applied, because those were just visits, not your coming to stay.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Don’t worry! It’s really confusing wording, I think, when they say “first entry” or “initial entry.” They just need the date your last “visit” started in order to calculate your length of residency in Canada for your citizenship application if/when you apply. They don’t care about any previous entries, though, just the one where you stayed and applied, because those were just visits, not your coming to stay.
THANK YOU.....YOU PUT ME AT EASE. (WHICH IS NOT EASY TO DO. lol)

Reactions: luckyrabbit13