+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Oh I see... that's excellent then! The way you worded it sounded like you still haven't had it extended yet. Anyways... since you already did it, which is GREAT, now you can apply (only if you want to work and/or travel) for an extension(s) on your OWP and TRV. To do it, go into your MyCIC/GCKey account and scroll down to the middle section where it says "Start an application" and then click on "Apply to come to Canada". Again scroll down to the middle section on the new page and click on "Visitor visa, study and/or work permit". Select and fill in the appropriate information, follow the instruction, pay the fee, and submit the extension request(s). Like I said earlier, you don't have to apply for it if you don't need to work and/or travel outside of Canada.

If you choose to extend your OWP, it may take over 3 months to receive it but you will have implied status that allows you to keep working while you are waiting.

The other thing you might be able to do is call CIC/IRCC and tell the agent that you now have a new extended passport and ask if they can send you a renewed OWP for free of charge. You'll never now until you try, right? Good luck! :p

PS: Keep in mind that you are not applying for a new OWP but just renewing/extending your current valid OWP.
Thank you very much for the i formation. I really appreciate it. Thank you again

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hi I have a question for you too!

I am an August applicant as well and I have Post Graduate Work Permit valid until end of this November. And I was wondering if I should get mine extended as well since my app is in Montreal hub and I am thinking there’s always a possibility that my PR won’t be approved by this November (I am really hoping not tho) and I am trying to be extra careful with not being out of status! Cuz I know that it literally kills me with anxiety. So my question is if it’s possible for me to apply for OWP at any time before app approval!

Thank you so much for your time!
I am not 100% as I have no experience with PGWP but my common-sense tells me that you can apply to "change conditions" of your current PGWP to OWP under the SCLPC (Spousal and Common-Law Partner in Canada) category and get it extended for 2 more years. Which means that they will replace your PGWP with OWP. You can apply for it anytime (I guess sooner the better).

Click on the 1st link below to see the details and then click on the second link to start you application online:
  1. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
  2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html?utm_source=slash-cometocanada&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=come-to-canada
Please keep in mind that you can apply for a TRV (new or extension) only after your OWP gets approved. You can't apply for it at the same time.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I've been noticing a pattern with the Inland Spousal Sponsorship application processing times, especially with the applications submitted in the 2nd half of 2018.

The applicants who submitted their applications in July and September pretty much all got their applications processed under 7 months at CPC-Mississauga with no major delays unless there was a case specific issue.

On the other hand, a lot of applicants from June, August and October seems to be having a massive delay with their applications after being transferred and processed at the Montreal Innovation Hub.

A conspiracy theory or whatever you wanna call it, it just seems a bit odd that even numbered months are bad and odds are better. Not that we can change our months now but just a thought to wander while waiting... Maybe it's a CPC-Mississauga thing to transfer backed-up applications every even months to meet their processing quota, who knows... :p

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
God knows CIC tries your patience and sanity to the very limits. So they sent me a request for additional documents exactly 2 weeks ago, a new Schedule A form and travel history form. I submitted exactly a week ago. Today, they have contacted me asking for a UK police cert since I spent nearly two years living there during my Masters degree. Now my question, as at 10 days ago when they requested another schedule A, they HAD information on my previous schedule A form that I lived in the UK for over 6 months. What's this foolishness of asking me for pointless documents, then telling me a "UK police cert is still outstanding"? Why also tell us in document checklists that we only have to provide police certs for country of origin and present country of residence if indeed they require police certs for everywhere we have spent more than 6 months? Like what is this backward way of doing things about in 2019? Two weeks ago when they asked for those forms, they KNEW I had lived in the UK, so why couldn't they include this in the additional document requests then? Unbelievable people. Now they are giving me an unsolicited 30 days to provide the police cert which means even if I send them right away, I may have another 30 days wait. I pray for faith and sanity to finish this process in June cos I am about sick of this.
Just a heads up, it's stated in the submission requirements that you are required to provide police certificates for anywhere you've lived longer than 6 months while over the age of 18.

The good news is that you can get a police certificate from the UK pretty quickly (matter of days). Alternatively, if you feel you can't meet the 30 day deadline for whatever reason, make sure you inform them.

Gloriousgirl

Sep 12, 2018
Just a heads up, it's stated in the submission requirements that you are required to provide police certificates for anywhere you've lived longer than 6 months while over the age of 18.

The good news is that you can get a police certificate from the UK pretty quickly (matter of days). Alternatively, if you feel you can't meet the 30 day deadline for whatever reason, make sure you inform them.
Thanks for your input, Jayd10. But the requirement to submit police certs for everywhere you have lived more than 6 months is for other PR streams. For spousal, the checklist says submit for the country which you have spent most of your adult life (usually home country) and present country of residence if you have lived there beyond 6 months. It says you do not need to submit a police certificate for every country you have lived. But given that CIC is often in the business of contradicting their own policies, I should have just gone ahead and submitted for the UK. I have now ordered it and it should be here by Friday this week. Thankfully, I do not believe this has delayed my processing as my background check also started when they requested the police cert.

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for your input, Jayd10. But the requirement to submit police certs for everywhere you have lived more than 6 months is for other PR streams. For spousal, the checklist says submit for the country which you have spent most of your adult life (usually home country) and present country of residence if you have lived there beyond 6 months. It says you do not need to submit a police certificate for every country you have lived. But given that CIC is often in the business of contradicting their own policies, I should have just gone ahead and submitted for the UK. I have now ordered it and it should be here by Friday this week. Thankfully, I do not believe this has delayed my processing as my background check also started when they requested the police cert.
I just went back to double check our original document checklist from August 2018, and you're right, it doesn't say *any* country that you've lived in for more than 6 months. We must have received that information from the unofficial guides that are floating around, or through researching these forums. It seems to be that everyone who has lived anywhere for more than 6 months over the age of 18 is asked for a police check from that country. I've even seen some people have it requested from countries that they lived in when they were younger than 18, which is bizarre.

Reactions: barsarah

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
It's the end of a long road for me, had my interview earlier this afternoon and now have my CoPR. PR card should arrive in due course.
Thanks to those who helped over the past months, and good luck to those who are yet to cross the finish line!

PR and OWP - CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Sent:
Aug. 27 (Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront).
App. Received: Aug. 29
AOR: Sept. 22
Medical request: Nov. 9
Medical Exam Date: Nov. 28
Medical Passed: Dec. 3
OWP Approved: Dec. 18
OWP Received: Dec. 24
AOR2: Feb. 15, 2019
SA/DM on ECAS(Sponsor): Mar. 26 (Winnipeg Office)
Review of Eligibility (Applicant) Started: Mar. 26
AIP/DM on ECAS(PA): Apr. 26 (Calgary Office)
BGC Started: Apr. 26
Pre-arrival Inv. Letter: Apr. 27
Landing Interview Letter: Apr. 29
Landing Interview: May. 21
CoPR: May. 21

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
It's the end of a long road for me, had my interview earlier this afternoon and now have my CoPR. PR card should arrive in due course.
Thanks to those who helped over the past months, and good luck to those who are yet to cross the finish line!

PR and OWP - CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Sent:
Aug. 27 (Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront).
App. Received: Aug. 29
AOR: Sept. 22
Medical request: Nov. 9
Medical Exam Date: Nov. 28
Medical Passed: Dec. 3
OWP Approved: Dec. 18
OWP Received: Dec. 24
AOR2: Feb. 15, 2019
SA/DM on ECAS(Sponsor): Mar. 26 (Winnipeg Office)
Review of Eligibility (Applicant) Started: Mar. 26
AIP/DM on ECAS(PA): Apr. 26 (Calgary Office)
BGC Started: Apr. 26
Pre-arrival Inv. Letter: Apr. 27
Landing Interview Letter: Apr. 29
Landing Interview: May. 21
CoPR: May. 21
Congrats!!!

demoy25

May 22, 2019
So I have been following this thread for sometime now and I'm noticing that a lot of the people who are receiving interviews submitted after me.

My application was received as of Aug 3rd. Thus far, medical has been passed, sponsor has been approved (Montreal Office) and OWP has been received. I'm just confused because I feel like now we're in limbo. I have given up on taking what the GIC website says seriously because one minute, it says the sponsorship has been approved (I received a confirmation email) and the next it says we are reviewing your eligibility. From what I've gathered from other folks, I take it that it's just a weird glitch with the site? Anyway, my question is are there any other people here who also submitted before these folks who have received their PR? Also, any idea whats going on?!

P.S. If it helps, my partner is from the UK.

Thanks for your help!

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
So I have been following this thread for sometime now and I'm noticing that a lot of the people who are receiving interviews submitted after me.

My application was received as of Aug 3rd. Thus far, medical has been passed, sponsor has been approved (Montreal Office) and OWP has been received. I'm just confused because I feel like now we're in limbo. I have given up on taking what the GIC website says seriously because one minute, it says the sponsorship has been approved (I received a confirmation email) and the next it says we are reviewing your eligibility. From what I've gathered from other folks, I take it that it's just a weird glitch with the site? Anyway, my question is are there any other people here who also submitted before these folks who have received their PR? Also, any idea whats going on?!

Thanks for your help!
I feel much the same way, seen soo many people complete before but submitted to way after me, it's hard not to feel a bit pissed off. My background check is still ongoing, it appears that I must seem too good to be true as where alot of folks are swiftly moving to the next stage I'm having to do extra paperwork, latest one now is certified copies of my military records. This is not a problem and I'm on it today, however they knew I was in the military back on Aug 2nd when I sent the application in... I'm from the UK can my wife (sponsor) is Canadian, she was approved in March

luckyrabbit13

Apr 26, 2019
Same as you. Medical passed in November. OWP mid-November. SA mid-April (from Montreal, though we’re not Quebec applicants). PA eligibility still under review, background check not started. It’s frustrating and both other forum users and IRCC just shrug and say “well it hasn’t been 12 months yet, so what” even though late 2018 applications are already done and even January 2019 and later applications are seeing their background checks already started!

Pretty sure it will take more than a year for us, for no apparent reason :(

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Linda_s74

Jayd10

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Toronto, Ontario

Thanks for your help!
Is the status of "we are reviewing your eligibility" on your GCKEY login? If so, that's referring to the applicant portion of the application, not the sponsor portion.

The delay is likely because our apps were transferred to Montreal for sponsor approval, but by the sounds of things, Montreal got bogged down with 18,000 applications through the skilled workers stream that the courts ordered be processed when the Province of Quebec was ready to cancel them.

Reactions: jimbo2093

OlatunjiSeye

Mar 3, 2019
Thanks for your responses to my earlier questions. My interview is on the 24th of this month but in my application, i included my 2kids that are still in my home country (Sierra Leone). How will the kids get their Visas? Will there be further payments?