AOR Received.
07-09-2018
Med's Request
16-11-2018
Med's Done....
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
21-10-2021
Don't worry. I am at the bottom of the pile. My bgc not yet started. 14 august applicant. Sa in mid April. Applied in mississauga but application is in montreal.
We have similar timelines. My SA came from Montreal mid April, no BGC yet

Reactions: jojo2969

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
My passport was expiring in mid June 2019. So, i had visitor visa till then. As a result, i got work permit till that time only. As the process is going very slow for me. I dont think i will get anything till mid june. So, should i apply for visitor visa extension? So, that i dont go out of status? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions: cindyestteacher

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
My passport was expiring in mid June 2019. So, i had visitor visa till then. As a result, i got work permit till that time only. As the process is going very slow for me. I dont think i will get anything till mid june. So, should i apply for visitor visa extension? So, that i dont go out of status? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.
In my opinion, do WHATEVER you have to do to NOT get out of status. Getting out of status is not an option, so please do what you need to do to remain in status. Good luck to you, my friend!

Reactions: Shalinis0316

shanty1

Aug 8, 2018
........Same with me. But I applied for work permit extension online in February and I got approved for 2years.

Reactions: Shalinis0316

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
You got 2 options and you have to have a valid passport in both cases:
  1. Renew your passport ASAP, submit a copy of it through the Webform, and just wait... No need to extend your TRV and OWP if you are okay with not leaving Canada and not working until you get your CoPR. You will be under implied status to stay in Canada since your application was submitted while you had a valid status. Alternatively, you can just renew your OWP only so you'll have a valid status to work in Canada (TRV is only needed to re-enter Canada if you leave).
  2. Renew your passport ASAP, submit a copy of it through the Webform, and apply for an extension on your TRV and OWP.
    Extending your TRV will cost you $100 and is currently taking 48 days to process.
    Extending your OWP, will cost you another $155 (possibly +$100) and is currently taking 98 days to process.
    If your renewed passport doesn't come to you before the expiry of your current documents, you may need to apply for a restoration and pay for a restoration fee of additional $200.
As you can see in both case, you'll have to renew your passport ASAP because you have to have a valid passport in order to get your CoPR at the landing interview.

I am actually quite surprised to see that CIC/IRCC hasn't requested an extended passport from you yet. Without it, they shouldn't be even able to send you a landing invitation. Maybe it could be the reason for the delay. So renew it before they ask to expedite the process.

Shalinis0316

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
You got 2 options and you have to have a valid passport in both cases:
  1. Renew your passport ASAP, submit a copy of it through the Webform, and just wait... No need to extend your TRV and OWP if you are okay with not leaving Canada and not working until you get your CoPR. You will be under implied status to stay in Canada since your application was submitted while you had a valid status. Alternatively, you can just renew your OWP only so you'll have a valid status to work in Canada (TRV is only needed to re-enter Canada if you leave).
  2. Renew your passport ASAP, submit a copy of it through the Webform, and apply for an extension on your TRV and OWP.
    Extending your TRV will cost you $100 and is currently taking 48 days to process.
    Extending your OWP, will cost you another $155 (possibly +$100) and is currently taking 98 days to process.
    If your renewed passport doesn't come to you before the expiry of your current documents, you may need to apply for a restoration and pay for a restoration fee of additional $200.
As you can see in both case, you'll have to renew your passport ASAP because you have to have a valid passport in order to get your CoPR at the landing interview.

I am actually quite surprised to see that CIC/IRCC hasn't requested an extended passport from you yet. Without it, they shouldn't be even able to send you a landing invitation. Maybe it could be the reason for the delay. So renew it before they ask to expedite the process.

I had renewed my passport in February and submitted the new passport's copy through webform in February itself. Am I eligible to apply for OWP again? I applied for OWP in August 2018 when I submitted my PR inland spousal application. But as my passport was expiring in June 2019, so got OWP till June 2019 only instead of usual 2 years.

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I had renewed my passport in February and submitted the new passport's copy through webform in February itself. Am I eligible to apply for OWP again? I applied for OWP in August 2018 when I submitted my PR inland spousal application. But as my passport was expiring in June 2019, so got OWP till June 2019 only instead of usual 2 years.
Oh I see... that's excellent then! The way you worded it sounded like you still haven't had it extended yet. Anyways... since you already did it, which is GREAT, now you can apply (only if you want to work and/or travel) for an extension(s) on your OWP and TRV. To do it, go into your MyCIC/GCKey account and scroll down to the middle section where it says "Start an application" and then click on "Apply to come to Canada". Again scroll down to the middle section on the new page and click on "Visitor visa, study and/or work permit". Select and fill in the appropriate information, follow the instruction, pay the fee, and submit the extension request(s). Like I said earlier, you don't have to apply for it if you don't need to work and/or travel outside of Canada.

If you choose to extend your OWP, it may take over 3 months to receive it but you will have implied status that allows you to keep working while you are waiting.

The other thing you might be able to do is call CIC/IRCC and tell the agent that you now have a new extended passport and ask if they can send you a renewed OWP for free of charge. You'll never now until you try, right? Good luck! :p

PS: Keep in mind that you are not applying for a new OWP but just renewing/extending your current valid OWP.

missjang

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Oh I see... that's excellent then! The way you worded it sounded like you still haven't had it extended yet. Anyways... since you already did it, which is GREAT, now you can apply (only if you want to work and/or travel) for an extension(s) on your OWP and TRV. To do it, go into your MyCIC/GCKey account and scroll down to the middle section where it says "Start an application" and then click on "Apply to come to Canada". Again scroll down to the middle section on the new page and click on "Visitor visa, study and/or work permit". Select and fill in the appropriate information, follow the instruction, pay the fee, and submit the extension request(s). Like I said earlier, you don't have to apply for it if you don't need to work and/or travel outside of Canada.

If you choose to extend your OWP, it may take over 3 months to receive it but you will have implied status that allows you to keep working while you are waiting.

The other thing you might be able to do is call CIC/IRCC and tell the agent that you now have a new extended passport and ask if they can send you a renewed OWP for free of charge. You'll never now until you try, right? Good luck! :p

PS: Keep in mind that you are not applying for a new OWP but just renewing/extending your current valid OWP.
Hi I have a question for you too!

I am an August applicant as well and I have Post Graduate Work Permit valid until end of this November. And I was wondering if I should get mine extended as well since my app is in Montreal hub and I am thinking there’s always a possibility that my PR won’t be approved by this November (I am really hoping not tho) and I am trying to be extra careful with not being out of status! Cuz I know that it literally kills me with anxiety. So my question is if it’s possible for me to apply for OWP at any time before app approval!

Thank you so much for your time!