+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
thanks i hope we all get it soon this montreal office and out of status condition is driving me crazy
Sorry to hear that, thats a tough situation to be in. I really do hope they do take into account that some people here are still out of status, still don't have work permits as well as some who can't qualify for healthcare without AIP.
Hope we all get ours soon

rpsingh1993

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Sorry to hear that, thats a tough situation to be in. I really do hope they do take into account that some people here are still out of status, still don't have work permits as well as some who can't qualify for healthcare without AIP.
Hope we all get ours soon
thanks for the kind words i wish all the best to you

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
I don't know if this has changed today or before but my
Background check status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". It was application is in progress until last week.

Catems

Dec 6, 2018
App. Filed.......
Augus 2 2018
AOR Received.
August 28
Med's Request
October 27 2018
Med's Done....
November 7 2018
I passed the additional documents the day I recieved their email asking for the additional documents. Then after that I keep opening my gckey account every day, after 2 weeks it change from "need more documents to process your application" To "We have received the documents you provide" then the eligibility status change aswell from" your application is in progress we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility TO we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
What docs they requested?

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I don't know if this has changed today or before but my
Background check status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". It was application is in progress until last week.
The latest update in my account: got the AIP letter.
My timeline is listed in my signature.
Congrats guys! Looks like Winnipeg processing of BGC and PA eligibility is less than 1 month from SA to AIP

Koshizu26

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FAM
Congrats guys! Looks like Winnipeg processing of BGC and PA eligibility is less than 1 month from SA to AIP
I hope they are. It has been a month since I got SA, still waiting for AIP.
I have lived in other country before, wondering if it makes longer to get AIP?
I submitted PC from the country though, ,

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
Hi All,

Anybody is waiting on the Mississauga office? My timeline is:
- Application received by CIC August 1st, 2018
- Medicals completed and received by CIC November 2018
- "We started processing your application on Feb 21sr, 2019"

My spouse got the confirmation that she met the eligibility requirements but it looks like they haven't started my background check.

Do you know roughly the timeline from there? Website says 12 months but I can see lots of people being processed in less than that.

Thanks!

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
I hope they are. It has been a month since I got SA, still waiting for AIP.
I have lived in other country before, wondering if it makes longer to get AIP?
I submitted PC from the country though, ,
We hope too. Similar story as yours - SA was March 7 - no update after that.

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi All,

Anybody is waiting on the Mississauga office? My timeline is:
- Application received by CIC August 1st, 2018
- Medicals completed and received by CIC November 2018
- "We started processing your application on Feb 21sr, 2019"

My spouse got the confirmation that she met the eligibility requirements but it looks like they haven't started my background check.

Do you know roughly the timeline from there? Website says 12 months but I can see lots of people being processed in less than that.

Thanks!

We are. "We started processing your application on Feb 19th, 2019". SA on March-7. Over a month now and no updates. Background check hasn't started as per myCIC account.

Reactions: jojo2969

Kasia89

Jan 7, 2019
Hello!
I have submitted my application on August 7th, received my work permit, medical passed, the 'we are processing your background check' message I have had for like 4 months now and today they changed the message about eligibility to: we are checking if you meet the elligibility. Do you guys think that I should soon receive more updates and the final decision? Or should I rather expect it to be the full 12 months?

Reactions: jojo2969

jojo2969

Jun 21, 2016
Oakville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2018
AOR Received.
11-03-2019
Med's Request
30-10-2018
Med's Done....
07-11-2018
We are. "We started processing your application on Feb 19th, 2019". SA on March-7. Over a month now and no updates. Background check hasn't started as per myCIC account.
What does SA mean?

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
I got an email from CIC today saying I have a new message in my account.

I checked and I got this pdf message "We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependents can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada." and more information about how to use Pre-arrival services.

Does everyone get this too, it's part of the process that says we're almost done or this is the type of message every applicant got today?

Twilight_Forever

Star Member
May 2, 2015
OMG! Guys, I just got another email saying this!!! (After about 5 hours from the earlier message I got which I just posted )
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in ???? (a closed city in my region)?? will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Last edited: