thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
june1990 said:
I did write a letter to cic last night, one in web form and one directly to the e mail that's written on the letter that cic gave me. I don't know what could happen, i talked to her secretary but they couldnt give me answers as well

if I was you I would black list her with cic plus bad mouth her in the community

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Obi-Wan said:
Hey Guys, had my landing yesterday in Montreal! super easy and fast process!
Went to the landing office in downtown Montreal for my appointment.. There were around 20 others who had their appointment at the same time.
They let us in 15 minutes before after checking my Landing invitation letter and passport and also my sponsor's proof of ID-we had her Canadian passport, and at 10.30 a lady addressed all of us about the PR landing and congratulating us also gave some details on requirements for the next step of becoming citizens and how to maintain your PR status till then.

After that the different agents started calling out an applicants name from their list and took them to their cubicles to process / close the file. (Kind of like the office when you get your SIN card at Service Canada).
I started seeing the initial people returning in 5-10 minutes with smiles and eagerly waiting my turn :)

Finally my name was called and my spouse and I went with the person. She was an extremely nice and friendly lady and congratulated me for reaching this final step. She asked for my documents (Landing Invitation letter, passport, CSQ - for Quebec, and the 2 photos). Checked my details and first and last date of entry to Canada. Asked if we were married or common-law. We replied we are married and then she asked my wife if she wished to sponsor me :). Thankfully she (my wife) did not joke around :).

Turns out the lady was the same one who had called me earlier the previous week to check my landing dates on the phone and had asked me the standard questions (criminality check, other dependents, etc) last week.. so she did not ask them again just confirmed yes I had answered. And confirmed my current address.

Showed us the landing paper (2 copies - 1 for me, the other their copy) and asked to check all details looks good and to initial at some places and sign the 2 copies of the document. And then she congratulated me for becoming a PR! Advised us to keep the Landing paper safe for life and that I will receive the PR card in 6-8 weeks, do not travel till then.

Thats it! Finally a Canadian PR after 18 months since I applied.
The Service Canada was in the same building so got my permanent SIN number also within 30 minutes and then went off to the RAMQ (health card) also done!

Will update when I get my PR card! Will keep visiting this forum occasionally, was a life saver and a big thanks to all the moderators!

For those still waiting, I can honestly say I understand the frustration of waiting, but keep hope, the final step is quite near... :)

congrats to you and everyone

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Obi-Wan said:
Hey Guys, had my landing yesterday in Montreal! super easy and fast process!
Went to the landing office in downtown Montreal for my appointment.. There were around 20 others who had their appointment at the same time.
They let us in 15 minutes before after checking my Landing invitation letter and passport and also my sponsor's proof of ID-we had her Canadian passport, and at 10.30 a lady addressed all of us about the PR landing and congratulating us also gave some details on requirements for the next step of becoming citizens and how to maintain your PR status till then.

After that the different agents started calling out an applicants name from their list and took them to their cubicles to process / close the file. (Kind of like the office when you get your SIN card at Service Canada).
I started seeing the initial people returning in 5-10 minutes with smiles and eagerly waiting my turn :)

Finally my name was called and my spouse and I went with the person. She was an extremely nice and friendly lady and congratulated me for reaching this final step. She asked for my documents (Landing Invitation letter, passport, CSQ - for Quebec, and the 2 photos). Checked my details and first and last date of entry to Canada. Asked if we were married or common-law. We replied we are married and then she asked my wife if she wished to sponsor me :). Thankfully she (my wife) did not joke around :).

Turns out the lady was the same one who had called me earlier the previous week to check my landing dates on the phone and had asked me the standard questions (criminality check, other dependents, etc) last week.. so she did not ask them again just confirmed yes I had answered. And confirmed my current address.

Showed us the landing paper (2 copies - 1 for me, the other their copy) and asked to check all details looks good and to initial at some places and sign the 2 copies of the document. And then she congratulated me for becoming a PR! Advised us to keep the Landing paper safe for life and that I will receive the PR card in 6-8 weeks, do not travel till then.

Thats it! Finally a Canadian PR after 18 months since I applied.
The Service Canada was in the same building so got my permanent SIN number also within 30 minutes and then went off to the RAMQ (health card) also done!

Will update when I get my PR card! Will keep visiting this forum occasionally, was a life saver and a big thanks to all the moderators!

For those still waiting, I can honestly say I understand the frustration of waiting, but keep hope, the final step is quite near... :)
Congrats Obi-Wan. Thanks for sharing your experience. I can't wait for it to be my husband and I. :D i am not impatient. I know our time will come and I thank everyone for sharing their SA, AIP, DM and Landing experiences. ;D

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the sponsorship approval email , telling us to pay the RPRF . Finally the wait is getting shorter. I wish everyone who's waiting all the best .

HAVE A WONDERDUL LONG FAMILY DAY WEEKEND !!

abkz

May 4, 2016
Hi folks.
I just got my pr cards. After 17 days from landing.

Landing jan 30 and today i got the card.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
I did write a letter to cic last night, one in web form and one directly to the e mail that's written on the letter that cic gave me. I don't know what could happen, i talked to her secretary but they couldnt give me answers as well
A little late to the convo...but the email on that landing letter is your best form of communication now. They are generally very fast to get back to you. Did you hear back already?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
abkz said:
Hi folks.
I just got my pr cards. After 17 days from landing.

Landing jan 30 and today i got the card.
WOW!!!! That's crazy fast!!! Congrats!! Did you request expedited processing??

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
oluwalisa said:
Whenever I call CIC, it keeps telling me all their agents are busy. am I using the wrong prompt? Its frustrating.
That message is always there it seems lately. but do you continue listening? Last two times I called it says they are busy....but then i could proceed and get in line.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
confusedhusband said:
Got the sponsorship approval email , telling us to pay the RPRF . Finally the wait is getting shorter. I wish everyone who's waiting all the best .

HAVE A WONDERDUL LONG FAMILY DAY WEEKEND !!
CONGRATS!!

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simpsol22 said:
A little late to the convo...but the email on that landing letter is your best form of communication now. They are generally very fast to get back to you. Did you hear back already?
I calles this morning, the agent says that my new passport is now on file. I also e mailed my consultant and told her about the situation so she then faxed Calgary office( where our landing interview is) with the copy of my new passport. So now all we have to do is to wait one more week and attend the landing :)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
I calles this morning, the agent says that my new passport is now on file. I also e mailed my consultant and told her about the situation so she then faxed Calgary office( where our landing interview is) with the copy of my new passport. So now all we have to do is to wait one more week and attend the landing :)
Yay good news!

abkz

May 4, 2016
simpsol22 said:
WOW!!!! That's crazy fast!!! Congrats!! Did you request expedited processing??
No i did not request to expedite it. I was told to wait 2 months. However i got in 17 days

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
abkz said:
No i did not request to expedite it. I was told to wait 2 months. However i got in 17 days
Wow....havent seen that fast in a long time....was taking 60-70 days recently. Guess we'll see how fast mine arrives. Landed on the 13th

abkz

May 4, 2016
simpsol22 said:
Wow....havent seen that fast in a long time....was taking 60-70 days recently. Guess we'll see how fast mine arrives. Landed on the 13th
I was actually shocked. The only thing in through the whole process( that i didnt care about it being delayed ) was the fastest