Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Gabrielhca said:
Profiler, I'm app Dec20/2015... how should I do the calculating date.

Tkx.
17 wks backlog weeks / 2 = 9. 9 weeks from today is my guess. That's Wednesday March 22.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
If you want a glimmer of hope, I did the math on the current throughput from CIC with respect to inlanders that I know of. They have been processing 2 weeks of backlogged time for every week they have worked. That means, they can get through 104 weeks of backlog before December 12th. With that in mind, figure out how far in weeks you are from the date currently announced on the automated attendant. You can then add that to today's date and figure out approximately when they should be working on your case (or finishing it). For our case (March 02 2016) I projected 13 weeks from Monday -- So April 24th. If you need help with calculating dates: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html or https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html .

Hang in there everyone. Don't go crazy by feeding resentment back.... There is more important things in life...
Dear Profiler, don't worry, we are not going crazy with all that! Still, it's just a bit frustrating to have to wait for no reasons and that we cannot do anything to make things move. Without AIP, no RAMQ (Quebec health insurance), no French courses,... So the longer delays do have some financial impact on us and we feel that it is a bit unfair. A lot of people got SA and AIP having applied several months after us.

As for the calculation, I'm not sure to understand how to do it. What is "the date currently announced on the automated attendant"?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
As for the calculation, I'm not sure to understand how to do it. What is "the date currently announced on the automated attendant"?
On Monday that was August 25 2015. If you call the call centre (888-242-2100) and you get in queue to check your status, it will announce when they are working on cases before...

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
profiler said:
On Monday that was August 25 2015. If you call the call centre (888-242-2100) and you get in queue to check your status, it will announce when they are working on cases before...
;D Thanks Profiler. so I should have got news already! I'm august 12th 2015...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sylvain1 said:
;D Thanks Profiler. so I should have got news already! I'm august 12th 2015...
The statement is "Applications received before August 25 2015". So it would mean they could be actively working your case as well.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
Excuse my rant:
It seems like the disappointment/frustration/rage people feel toward CIC and the process, blinds them to the fact that: when you are already this far down, when they make a change, it takes time to enact that change. A change does not mean they can clear your specific case within a few days necessarily.

Example: You're 17 months into the process. A fact that no one is happy about, I assure you. When they announced that the processing times would be 12 months, and that in 12 months they would clear the backlog, it meant that you have to work with them, and be flexible with respect to them trying to right the wrong. During the past year, they spent time trying to find different methods to clear the backlog as efficiently as possible.

They have asked you to keep your life "on hold" in some respects. I get that. And sure that likely resulted in some cases jumping the line. Is it worth it to dwell though? Because dwelling will only feedback to the disappointment/frustration/rage. That will make you crazy, in the end.

If you want a glimmer of hope, I did the math on the current throughput from CIC with respect to inlanders that I know of. They have been processing 2 weeks of backlogged time for every week they have worked. That means, they can get through 104 weeks of backlog before December 12th. With that in mind, figure out how far in weeks you are from the date currently announced on the automated attendant. You can then add that to today's date and figure out approximately when they should be working on your case (or finishing it). For our case (March 02 2016) I projected 13 weeks from Monday -- So April 24th. If you need help with calculating dates: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html or https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html .

Hang in there everyone. Don't go crazy by feeding resentment back.... There is more important things in life...
+1 ;)

Yes, everyone just needs to be patient---as hard as it is. Protests have gone on for last couple years...They listened with the OWP and started that program in 2014. They've now listened on the backlog and wait times and are working to clear it. If you really study the spreadsheet and historical data, you'll see they are processing faster/more apps per month now than they have in the last couple of years. It's coming!

If you think we're bad as 2015 apps...try listening to stories from the mess of 2014...many had their apps lost and are now 2015 applicants, who had to start all over. So many issues reported from Apps who applied in 2014. I think we are the transitional year...even 2016...things really have gotten better. hopefully it will soon be back to what it was years ago.

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
sylvain1 said:
I did contact my MP last week... But he was told by CIC that the 26 months hasn't passed, so... just wait. August 12th 2015 applicants, no SA, no AIP, no DM,...
There is no more processing timeframe for AIP, so even if more then 17 months passed, there is nothing to do but to wait. And we have a very simple situation that should be very easy to treat by CIC. The only good thing we got from contacting our MP was that CIC confirmed that we submitted all required documents, nothing is missing, but we just should wait. The waiting is becoming more and more frustrating.
I am in the same boat -- Aug 5 applicant

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
profiler said:
He's a little busy. If you've been invited to one of his town hall "grassroots" meetings this week or next, then you can ask him directly. You can try tweeting @ him.

Otherwise, you might try your MP -- though they won't really be able to do much about it. They can try, if you want them to. When did you file your application?
They received my application on Sept. 17th,2015 ,No SA, No AIP. So according to you I should get an answer within 2 weeks . Is that correct ?

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
17 wks backlog weeks / 2 = 9. 9 weeks from today is my guess. That's Wednesday March 22.
Im the same as you are, or maybe they got my application on 21st, but if this calculation could happen, that would be great. I have all my documents submitted and even did an upfront medical.

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
profiler said:
Excuse my rant:
It seems like the disappointment/frustration/rage people feel toward CIC and the process, blinds them to the fact that: when you are already this far down, when they make a change, it takes time to enact that change. A change does not mean they can clear your specific case within a few days necessarily.

Example: You're 17 months into the process. A fact that no one is happy about, I assure you. When they announced that the processing times would be 12 months, and that in 12 months they would clear the backlog, it meant that you have to work with them, and be flexible with respect to them trying to right the wrong. During the past year, they spent time trying to find different methods to clear the backlog as efficiently as possible.

They have asked you to keep your life "on hold" in some respects. I get that. And sure that likely resulted in some cases jumping the line. Is it worth it to dwell though? Because dwelling will only feedback to the disappointment/frustration/rage. That will make you crazy, in the end.

Sorry, I another silly question. I have a feeling that having a Consultant responsible for the Case can cause some delays .. They kind of thinking that if someone hired a consultant means that he/she has something wrong with there case so put the application aside. Do you think it works this way ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Mbazinga said:
They received my application on Sept. 17th,2015 ,No SA, No AIP. So according to you I should get an answer within 2 weeks . Is that correct ?
I am saying that it's possible, given what others were reporting, and what the automated attendant was saying. They have moved the number on the attendant up two weeks for every week, since they started using it. We have all seen reports of people around those timeframes as the attendant reporting DM's and landing interviews.

So, there is great potential that they should be working on/clearing cases From mid September in 2 weeks time.

There is a caveat: The great unknown is just how many cases they did clear out when they tried their experiment, and jumped to September-November. If they cleared most, then they may breeze through those weeks much faster -- which adds error to my calculation -- error in your favour.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Mbazinga said:
Sorry, I another silly question. I have a feeling that having a Consultant responsible for the Case can cause some delays .. They kind of thinking that if someone hired a consultant means that he/she has something wrong with there case so put the application aside. Do you think it works this way ?
Unlikely. Some people just cannot be bothered or don't have the time to learn the process and how to fill out the paperwork. Many do it this way, actually.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
profiler said:
Unlikely. Some people just cannot be bothered or don't have the time to learn the process and how to fill out the paperwork. Many do it this way, actually.
yeah, wouldn't say having a consultant slows down cases. We had one and our application has processed normally.

Mbazinga

Mar 6, 2015
km9203 said:
yeah, wouldn't say having a consultant slows down cases. We had one and our application has processed normally.
I just can not find the logic behind not processing the applications in order. Maybe there is no logic behind it i guess :( . it seems that they do not even touch the application. I can understand if they open and request more documents but to skip it completely and go to another one that is the rational i do not understand.