+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
km9203 said:
Don't take that too literally. The processing time listed on their website is 26 months so they have to quote that. That is a worse case scenario though, on average it's about 16/18 months if you look at the spreadsheet and about 5% is 26 months. After being told the same, I received my landing a week later.
Hopefully you will hear soon.
I take it literally, better than constant waiting that drives me crazy. I'm happy for you! Landing is great news, congrats ;)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
With all of you mentioning 26 months...

That's just to cover themselves. Look at the statistics data updated last September--it shows the timeline was 22 months. Even Bob Orr, Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations at CIC during the Family Reunification studies (held Oct - Nov 2016), mentioned they were processing in 22 months for inland. And the most reliable average on the spreadsheet is 16-18 months--even better.

While we have some that have been waiting 36 months, some that only waited 4.5, we all need to remember that the highest and lowest are not the norm. IRCC is always going to list higher than it is--in hopes they don't get as many calls/inquiries. The ones that take the longest have medical issues, legal issues or dependents.

Stay Positive....we'll all be hearing good news soon! :)

If you want to take something literally---at least use their actual data: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c
Select the excel data sheet "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview" Last updated end of Sept 2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If you want to take something literally---at least use their actual data: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c
Select the excel data sheet "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview" Last updated end of Sept 2016.
It's updated quarterly. So there should be new data soon (Jan 30).

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
It's updated quarterly. So there should be new data soon (Jan 30).
Been eagerly awaiting that update. :) Wish they'd have all of the historical data like some of the comments on that site say.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Guys, I have SA/AIP and also an OWP.

Please tell me if it is safe to change job, I am currently on a closed work permit with my employer.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
kapilhere said:
Guys, I have SA/AIP and also an OWP.

Please tell me if it is safe to change job, I am currently on a closed work permit with my employer.
Yes, if you have an Open Work Permit, you are allowed to change jobs.

abkz

May 4, 2016
Hello there.

1-Dose anyone know what kind of questions will be on landing interview?
2-In the letter for the interview says to ensure that sponsor is present, and we have two kids, does anybody know if would be fine to bring the kids along to the interview if we could not find someone tmy o take care of them on the day of the interview?
3- Dose anybody have any advise on what to do or what to avoid?

Time line
-We applied for sponsorship July 30 2015.
- Sponsor AOR Oct 21 2015
- PR AOR Feb 2016
-Police certificate was request June 2016 and submitted July with medical test
- sponsor approved Dec 7th.
- landing interview email received Jan 9 2017 for interview Feb 1st 2017

the email says
We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for:
01 February 2017
Please present this letter upon your arrival at:
1148 Hornby Street
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3
Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.
If you cannot attend this interview, please e-mail us at:
WST-Landing-Enquiries@cic.gc.ca or call the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100
Please note:
Do not arrive until 15 minutes prior to your interview time.
If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you, and brings government issued ID documents with photos establishing their identity.
If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.
If you are subject to and have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee in the amount of $490.00 per adult who is subject to permanent residency, you must do so prior to your interview.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
Please note that there is a delay between becoming a Permanent Resident and receiving your PR card.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Thank you in advance for your help!!!!!

Amigo30

Nov 17, 2016
Hi abkz

I just landed January **, 2017 at ****** and the only question they going to ask is very simple. To be honest its just for formality.

1. CIC Immigration officer question
a. Have you convicted here inside at Canada?
b. Have you refused in applying to other country?
c. Do you have dependant child?
The applicant will going to sign the COPR. That's all then afterwards the officer congratulate me and welcome me as as Permanent Resident of Canada. Then afterwards you can apply a new SIN now.

2.Yeah you can bring the kids as long as they will going to behave at the CIC office.

Note to the sponsor:

Bring your PR card.

abkz

May 4, 2016
Amigo30 said:
Hi abkz

I just landed January **, 2017 at ****** and the only question they going to ask is very simple. To be honest its just for formality.

1. CIC Immigration officer question
a. Have you convicted here inside at Canada?
b. Have you refused in applying to other country?
c. Do you have dependant child?
The applicant will going to sign the COPR. That's all then afterwards the officer congratulate me and welcome me as as Permanent Resident of Canada. Then afterwards you can apply a new SIN now.

2.Yeah you can bring the kids as long as they will going to behave at the CIC office.

Note to the sponsor:

Bring your PR card.
Thank you very much Amigo.
My sponsor is canadian by birth. I think drivers license or passport will do

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
simpsol22 said:
With all of you mentioning 26 months...

That's just to cover themselves. Look at the statistics data updated last September--it shows the timeline was 22 months. Even Bob Orr, Assistant Deputy Minister of Operations at CIC during the Family Reunification studies (held Oct - Nov 2016), mentioned they were processing in 22 months for inland. And the most reliable average on the spreadsheet is 16-18 months--even better.

While we have some that have been waiting 36 months, some that only waited 4.5, we all need to remember that the highest and lowest are not the norm. IRCC is always going to list higher than it is--in hopes they don't get as many calls/inquiries. The ones that take the longest have medical issues, legal issues or dependents.

Stay Positive....we'll all be hearing good news soon! :)

Thank you! Very useful information. :)

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Guys

I have received a SINP nomination, as well as I have a study permit and intend to travel to Canada next April.
I can submit the application for PR in Canada or outside Canada where the visa office is very slow.
The bottom line, If I submitted in Canada will they consider my application in land? Additionally, is it better to do this?

Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
theurn15 said:
Guys

I have received a SINP nomination, as well as I have a study permit and intend to travel to Canada next April.
I can submit the application for PR in Canada or outside Canada where the visa office is very slow.
The bottom line, If I submitted in Canada will they consider my application in land? Additionally, is it better to do this?

Thank you :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
This thread is regarding Spousal Sponsorship --- it sounds like you may be obtaining your PR via another stream --- might be best to post separately.
If it is under Spousal Sponsorship: Those living in Canada have the option to apply inland or outland. And new processing times are supposed to be 12 months for either.

dermire2012

Dec 27, 2016
To those who tried calling CIC agents, like i said before, they're all useless!!!! and besides being useless, most of them are rude!!! that's why i don't call anymore, i am patiently waiting for my turn and i will keep you all posted on what will happen to me! hehehehehe to all who are in Toronto, let's have a party!!! LOL hehehehe good luck to all of us and congrats in advance, and God Bless all! :)

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm an oct 2nd 2015 applicant. I received my DM email on dec 16th 2016. I'm still waiting for an email for my landing interview in montreal. Does anyone have experience with how long it should take to receive the landing interview letter? I just logged into MyCIC and noticed that my appiclation is still "in progress". Is this normal? Thanks

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Could anyone give me the number of CIC to call regarding my application? I used a representative but so far she haven't really updated me yet, i ordered GCMCs but i dont really understand some of them
Thank you!! :)