Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
They will only talk with the applicat....
That's not necessarily true. They will speak with the sponsor as well. If they wouldn't, why can the sponsor see the status of both applications, and the applicant only their status in eCAS? I have been able to talk to and send CSE's in on behalf of my wife, and they answer me no problem.

In our case, we also supplied the Use of a Representative form, to make sure that either of us can speak to them. They've only asked once about it -- every other time it's never discussed.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
simpsol22 said:
Many have rescheduled...most just email back to the office that wrote and then get a response within a few hours to a day. I've never heard of an office not able to reschedule. Since you still have some time, it should be just fine. If you don't hear after 2 days, just reply back to the email.
Thank you for the reply! I figured I will wait like you said and try to contact them if I don't hear back in 2 days or so.

aero_eng

Nov 26, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-05-2016
Med's Request
09-06-2016
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
07-02-2017
km9203 said:
you should be able to call your local office to reschedule. My landing letter says to call calgary if I can't attend and has their number
My landing letter did not have local CIC office's contact info on it.
"Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may have, please contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100."
That's the only phone number on there and that's where I called.
Thanks for the reply :)

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Folks,

I got a fingerprint request today, not sure it is another method to delay the application process.

Can someone, please tell me what is the best and faster way to get the fingerprinting done. I am from Toronto.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
kapilhere said:
Hi Folks,

I got a fingerprint request today, not sure it is another method to delay the application process.

Can someone, please tell me what is the best and faster way to get the fingerprinting done. I am from Toronto.
FIPS (Fingerprints, Identifications and Pardons Services Inc)

1280 Finch Ave W
Toronto ON M3J 3K6
Tel No: 416 663 3477

Two pieces of Govt ID with name and date of birth (one must be photo ID)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
kapilhere said:
Hi Folks,

Can't TPD do it? Looks like they will accept it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
Can't TPD do it? Looks like they will accept it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp
Thanks for sharing Profiler. Did not know this.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aero_eng said:
My landing letter did not have local CIC office's contact info on it.
"Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may have, please contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100."
That's the only phone number on there and that's where I called.
Thanks for the reply :)
Do you happen to know what time their hotline is available until?:) thank you!

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
To make Privacy Act or Access To Information requests, you need to supply the consent form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp .

This form authorizes CIC to release personal information about a person to another person. So, if your sponsor was applying for GCMS notes, your sponsor needs you to fill out and sign section A of that consent. Your sponsor would then fill out and sign section C.

Without submitting that, ATIP is obligated to redact that information from the notes to be sent. That said, Section 22 of the Privacy Act is:
"
Law enforcement and investigation

22 (1)
The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

(a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to

(i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

(ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

(iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act, if the information came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;

(b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

(i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

(ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

(iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

(c) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.
"

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/p-21/page-4.html#h-15
Im lost i think im gonna try and call cic for better understanding

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
Do you happen to know what time their hotline is available until?:) thank you!
Supposed to be 8:30 - 4:30... If you're in the east, you can abuse the timezone, and catch someone from the west if you call a little bit later on.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
profiler said:
Supposed to be 8:30 - 4:30... If you're in the east, you can abuse the timezone, and catch someone from the west if you call a little bit later on.
. Hi everyone for those who received their landing interview, can I ask if there's a validity of passport says in the letter? I haven't receive my landing interview, because my passport will expire feb next year, thanks in advance for those who will answer

ddot

Oct 6, 2016
kapilhere said:
I see a trend people getting DM on the same day as AIP or just after few days of AIP

Got SA/AIP on Jan 3rd and 4th..called CIC and have been told that the application will be processed in 26 months so it will be done by October :(

Can someone tell me that it will not take 26 months and will be done early, I willl atleast feel good
Ours was April 2015 and we landed this past Friday! So not the full 26 months.

For those who are going for landing - it is soooo straight forward. You arrive and they ask you for your passport and receipt that you paid the $490 PR fee. Then you sit in a waiting room and they call you up, the officer asks a few basic questions to applicant, makes sure the sponsor still accepts responsibility of sponsorship, applicant hands over photos and they ask if you still live together at the same address - a couple of signatures and done - they say Welcome to Canada! It's the easiest ending to the most stressful process!

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi Guys - I had been requested for fingerprints yesterday. I don't know why they are requesting things 1 after another when they can ask everything in one go.

Anyways, here is the thing which makes me stress. The letter states that the results should be received within 30 days so I got the fingerprinting done on the same day the request is received. My concern is that there is not much visibility in the process, the agency sends it to RCMP and RCMP sends it to CIC and there is no way to track status. I had been reading stories on internet where it is not received by CIC in multiple cases.

what I am thinking to get another fingerprinting done this Friday with results to be sent to myself so that I have a back-up copy to be submitted in case CIC don't receive the first direct one. Does it make sense to you guys or I should trust the agency and the process?

Also, how much time do you think it will take more from now? My wife who is my sponsor has a travel planned end of Feb but I am not sure we will be done by then.

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
prettyAKO said:
. Hi everyone for those who received their landing interview, can I ask if there's a validity of passport says in the letter? I haven't receive my landing interview, because my passport will expire feb next year, thanks in advance for those who will answer
The AIP email I received states that the passport should be valid. I am not sure about other letters. Considering you still have it valid for more then a year and you are 2015 applicant, I don't see any reason for you to worry.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
kapilhere said:
The AIP email I received states that the passport should be valid. I am not sure about other letters. Considering you still have it valid for more then a year and you are 2015 applicant, I don't see any reason for you to worry.
Thanks for your rply, cAn I ask how long is the validity, because my passport will expire on feb 7 next year , if they will sched my landing after feb 7 this year so it will be less than a year