Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
YangT said:
Hello everyone!

It has been a very stressful week. So, here is my story...Last Wednesday I logged in to myCIC and saw my medical as passed and eCAS says medical has been received. My ECAS has my married name on it and myCIC is still under my maiden name. The next day Thursday December 8, I received a received a request for medical on myCIC. The letter has my maiden name on it. I called CIC asked them for clarification. I talked to 2 agents and they said that they cant do anything about the discrepancy and just asked me to go have my medical again. I knew my medical results is expired, but I read here that they get extension for the medical. And so I went to the panel physician and showed her the 2 passports, because obviously one is no longer valid and they dont bear the same last name. I told her about my situation and I am pregnant as well so I cant do the x-ray for now until the baby is born. She told me to talk to my VO and that she cant submit the medical as partial or x-ray on hold and that she cant do anything to let them know that I did the medical before the 30 days expired. I have the x-ray deferral letter but, I still went to the radiologist and asked her if he can just look at my e-medical and see if she can do anything about it. She was kind enough to do that and clicked on hold. Any advice on what should I do? I dont want to go for x-ray and risk baby's health. And I dont mind waiting since I just received my new work permit. It just seems to be so unfair as they treated each application differently, with no standards at all. It is very confusing, disappointing and very frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for venting. Thank you in advance!
I am not sure I follow. What seems to be unfair? The fact that they chose not to extend the medicals? That's at the officer's discretion. It will depend on if your country of origin is a country considered to be a high risk area or not. And generally speaking, it's the Regional Medical Manager that will advise to extend, order partial, or full re-medical. So it was on the direction of a doctor.

On the positive side, congrats on expecting :)

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
profiler said:
I am not sure I follow. What seems to be unfair? The fact that they chose not to extend the medicals? That's at the officer's discretion. It will depend on if your country of origin is a country considered to be a high risk area or not. And generally speaking, it's the Regional Medical Manager that will advise to extend, order partial, or full re-medical. So it was on the direction of a doctor.

On the positive side, congrats on expecting :)
Thank you!

Their process doesn't seem to be fair. It is just my opinion based on following this forum. It is confusing why one day my medical is passed and next day I have a message to undergo medical (when most of the time it takes them ages to update the CIC or eCAS). MyCIC shows medical as Review in Progress. I understand that is the higher officer who will decide on the medical. I am from the Philippines and it is considered maybe as a high risk area, but I haven't gotten back home, and didn't travel anywhere since March 2014. Did upfront April 2015. Anyway, it is all up to them, we're just here to wait.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
YangT said:
Thank you!

Their process doesn't seem to be fair. It is just my opinion based on following this forum. It is confusing why one day my medical is passed and next day I have a message to undergo medical (when most of the time it takes them ages to update the CIC or eCAS). MyCIC shows medical as Review in Progress. I understand that is the higher officer who will decide on the medical. I am from the Philippines and it is considered maybe as a high risk area, but I haven't gotten back home, and didn't travel anywhere since March 2014. Did upfront April 2015. Anyway, it is all up to them, we're just here to wait.
Request your GCMS notes. When you do, request: Officer's notes for Sponsorship application, PR application, and Medical. The medical notes will let you see the doctor's notes (and the manager's notes). That will give you a better idea what's going on. You can also engage your MP to find out why they were accepted as passed, then re-requested. It may be a legitimate reason, but it may be an error. Either direction will help you (MP is obviously faster; the constituent should approach the MP for the first chat. Then the PA can contact them directly from that point on).

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
profiler said:
Request your GCMS notes. When you do, request: Officer's notes for Sponsorship application, PR application, and Medical. The medical notes will let you see the doctor's notes (and the manager's notes). That will give you a better idea what's going on. You can also engage your MP to find out why they were accepted as passed, then re-requested. It may be a legitimate reason, but it may be an error. Either direction will help you (MP is obviously faster; the constituent should approach the MP for the first chat. Then the PA can contact them directly from that point on).
Thank you so much profiler for the advice!

We were planning to contact our MP (member of parliament right?) and ask for help regarding this matter.

Again, thank you!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
YangT said:
... (member of parliament right?) ...
Yes, that's correct. If your sponsor contacts them, they can call CIC within hours of receiving the completed consent (we were able to fill it out, sign and scan. Total time was under 2 hours for a response from the MP). I was able to complete the process by telephone/email.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
YangT said:
Hello everyone!

It has been a very stressful week. So, here is my story...Last Wednesday I logged in to myCIC and saw my medical as passed and eCAS says medical has been received. My ECAS has my married name on it and myCIC is still under my maiden name. The next day Thursday December 8, I received a received a request for medical on myCIC. The letter has my maiden name on it. I called CIC asked them for clarification. I talked to 2 agents and they said that they cant do anything about the discrepancy and just asked me to go have my medical again. I knew my medical results is expired, but I read here that they get extension for the medical. And so I went to the panel physician and showed her the 2 passports, because obviously one is no longer valid and they dont bear the same last name. I told her about my situation and I am pregnant as well so I cant do the x-ray for now until the baby is born. She told me to talk to my VO and that she cant submit the medical as partial or x-ray on hold and that she cant do anything to let them know that I did the medical before the 30 days expired. I have the x-ray deferral letter but, I still went to the radiologist and asked her if he can just look at my e-medical and see if she can do anything about it. She was kind enough to do that and clicked on hold. Any advice on what should I do? I dont want to go for x-ray and risk baby's health. And I dont mind waiting since I just received my new work permit. It just seems to be so unfair as they treated each application differently, with no standards at all. It is very confusing, disappointing and very frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for venting. Thank you in advance!
I am such a newbie...What is ECAS? I thought it was the same thing as CIC account :eek:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
I am such a newbie...What is ECAS? I thought it was the same thing as CIC account :eek:
It's an ancient dinosaurus that CIC doesn't maintain. When you you google 'CIC Check Status' -- the link is ECAS. myCIC is the other portal that has more info. If you can help it, avoid using ECAS unless it's life or death (or you have baaad representation).

hollyboo

Oct 8, 2015
profiler said:
First stage is when you get Approval in Principle (AIP). What he got was SA. AIP is next and usually only takes a few days.

RPRF is 490. You can pay it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp
thank you. How many applicant should I pay for? We have no kid so it's only me and my husband and he is the one sponsor me. Should I pay $490for myself or $490*2 for both of us?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hollyboo said:
thank you. How many applicant should I pay for? We have no kid so it's only me and my husband and he is the one sponsor me. Should I pay $490for myself or $490*2 for both of us?
The same number of people who are applying for a PR. I am guessing 1, because you are being sponsored :).

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
hollyboo said:
Just pay 490

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
profiler said:
It's an ancient dinosaurus that CIC doesn't maintain. When you you google 'CIC Check Status' -- the link is ECAS. myCIC is the other portal that has more info. If you can help it, avoid using ECAS unless it's life or death (or you have baaad representation).
Got it! Thank you profiler ;) Just thought it might be something with more information.
I look up everything on MyCIC, it hasn't been updated for weeks though.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
Got it! Thank you profiler ;) Just thought it might be something with more information.
I look up everything on MyCIC, it hasn't been updated for weeks though.
ECAS is updated long after myCIC is....

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Harrysagoo said:
I was out of status too and I just got my work permit. I applied on July 21,2015 so if you guys applied somewhere in July,you would hear something soon hopefully.
Did u get the AIP before getting the OWP?