Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
paulschild said:
Hello guys. Just to be clear again that this is a copy of landing interview

Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on January 19, 2017 at 9:00am. Please be prepared to wait up to 2.5 hours as interviews are conducted in order of arrival.

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax (780-495-6739) or email (CIC-Edmonton@cic.gc.ca) this office immediately and explain why.

I don't know why my lawyer is sending me sample questions of possible interview questions like
How did you meet your wife and stuffs like that.
Yup. Landing interview...

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
paulschild said:
Hello guys. Just to be clear again that this is a copy of landing interview

Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on January 19, 2017 at 9:00am. Please be prepared to wait up to 2.5 hours as interviews are conducted in order of arrival.

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused. Therefore, if you cannot attend this interview, please write or fax (780-495-6739) or email (CIC-Edmonton@cic.gc.ca) this office immediately and explain why.

I don't know why my lawyer is sending me sample questions of possible interview questions like
How did you meet your wife and stuffs like that.
for landing interviews, they already made up their mind about eligibility of your relationship with your spouse. You will just do landing formality, few simple question : if you commited any offences or if you still with your spouse or if you had a baby ...

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
So should I be expecting my landing letter anytime soon ? Like next week? Maybe I should call and they can look it up in my file ! My commom law partner got the sponsor approval email at like 10pm at night so I guess it could be at any point !

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
I did apply for OWP along with the application but I was out of status at the time when we applied so I will have to wait for AIP.... I even sent the medicals along with the application no updates on that as well....
Looks like you and my husband are in the same boat he was also out of status.
So the wait continues....

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
Shellz said:
Looks like you and my husband are in the same boat he was also out of status.
So the wait continues....
I was out of status too and I just got my work permit. I applied on July 21,2015 so if you guys applied somewhere in July,you would hear something soon hopefully.

hollyboo

Oct 8, 2015
HI GUys,

Just got an email today from CIC, saying my husband is eligible to sponsor me. Is this mean the first stage pass?

Also it mentions we need to pay RPRF(Right of Permanent Risidennt Fee). Does anyone know how much and how do we pay for it? It didn't say in the letter, maybe they gonna send us any other one about the RPRF?

Ps: I'm July 2015 applicant. Got many update from CIC since Nov 15, 2016. Including Medical request, Police request and now this sponsor approval. Hoping everything come to the final soon...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hollyboo said:
HI GUys,

Just got an email today from CIC, saying my husband is eligible to sponsor me. Is this mean the first stage pass?

Also it mentions we need to pay RPRF(Right of Permanent Risidennt Fee). Does anyone know how much and how do we pay for it? It didn't say in the letter, maybe they gonna send us any other one about the RPRF?

Ps: I'm July 2015 applicant. Got many update from CIC since Nov 15, 2016. Including Medical request, Police request and now this sponsor approval. Hoping everything come to the final soon...
First stage is when you get Approval in Principle (AIP). What he got was SA. AIP is next and usually only takes a few days.

RPRF is 490. You can pay it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/information/fees/index.asp

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
CLAUDIO73 said:
anyone of you have an idea since this letter i received till they call or set a landing interview how long could it take?
thanks folks
Hi Every one, Any one have an idea how long it take to receive landing letter after Decision made, I called call center and I was told my application is approved Dec 5th, and my OWP will be expire Dec 22nd 2016. Thanks every one

ywqu

Jun 16, 2015
I got my AIP by e-mail today. 13th Dec.
Really happy. Waiting for my landing letter now.

SAP 2nd Dec.

Shelpont24

Dec 13, 2016
Hi guys can anyone please help me how to log in to mycic to check my application status. My husband is sponsoring me for inland also. Thank you

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
Harrysagoo said:
I was out of status too and I just got my work permit. I applied on July 21,2015 so if you guys applied somewhere in July,you would hear something soon hopefully.
We are December 2015 applicants

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
profiler said:
First stage is when you get Approval in Principle (AIP). What he got was SA. AIP is next and usually only takes a few days.

We got our SA July 5th 2016 but haven't heard about the AIP as yet. Should we call?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Shellz said:
We got our SA July 5th 2016 but haven't heard about the AIP as yet. Should we call?
You can. That's a pretty long time between SA and AIP. Perhaps you just might not have gotten the message?

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
profiler said:
You can. That's a pretty long time between SA and AIP. Perhaps you just might not have gotten the message?
Messages are checked daily even if there are no new notifications.
I like that your quote states not to freak out... cause I'm kinda sorta freaking out just a bit but I shall wait, call tomorrow and see if a full on :eek: is necessary.
Good night to all.

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
Hello everyone!

It has been a very stressful week. So, here is my story...Last Wednesday I logged in to myCIC and saw my medical as passed and eCAS says medical has been received. My ECAS has my married name on it and myCIC is still under my maiden name. The next day Thursday December 8, I received a received a request for medical on myCIC. The letter has my maiden name on it. I called CIC asked them for clarification. I talked to 2 agents and they said that they cant do anything about the discrepancy and just asked me to go have my medical again. I knew my medical results is expired, but I read here that they get extension for the medical. And so I went to the panel physician and showed her the 2 passports, because obviously one is no longer valid and they dont bear the same last name. I told her about my situation and I am pregnant as well so I cant do the x-ray for now until the baby is born. She told me to talk to my VO and that she cant submit the medical as partial or x-ray on hold and that she cant do anything to let them know that I did the medical before the 30 days expired. I have the x-ray deferral letter but, I still went to the radiologist and asked her if he can just look at my e-medical and see if she can do anything about it. She was kind enough to do that and clicked on hold. Any advice on what should I do? I dont want to go for x-ray and risk baby's health. And I dont mind waiting since I just received my new work permit. It just seems to be so unfair as they treated each application differently, with no standards at all. It is very confusing, disappointing and very frustrating.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for venting. Thank you in advance!