+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ddot

Oct 6, 2016
volkov said:
I wasn't aware of that myself, what about if you have OWP while waiting for PR, are you allowed to travel without ruining your OWP?
Traveled 6 times since submitting application. Have had no problems coming back in as haven't been out of Canada for more than 2 weeks at a time.

ddot

Oct 6, 2016
ywqu said:
I missed a call from a private number yesterday. I hope they will call me next Monday. I usually mute my phone when I am at home.
In the next coming week, I will put the loudest ringtone on.
What Visa office do you think will be contacting you? Just trying to get an idea of if we should watch out for phone calls?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
No update for me. DM letter sent Nov 23rd and still not received it. They said cause it's the holiday season it could take longer... if I don't receive it by 22 Dec they will send me another one. The agents I have spoken to have been v helpful.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Guys need your help!!!

I lived in the US while I was studying and got my police certificate completed in August 2015 (done the fingerprinting and all).

Now CIC wants my US police certificate - can I use the one i received last year given that there has been no status change (havent left canada since time of application). I think i messed up and should have forwarded this to CIC when i recieved it (dont ask me why i didnt)!!

Or do I need to complete a new police certificate application which can take upto 12+ weeks.

Your response would be appreciated!

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
km9203 said:
No update for me. DM letter sent Nov 23rd and still not received it. They said cause it's the holiday season it could take longer... if I don't receive it by 22 Dec they will send me another one. The agents I have spoken to have been v helpful.
Oh shoot I was hoping to get mines in a few days. It was sent out on dec 2, but if you're still waiting then I don't think I'll get mines until jan.... :mad:

CLAUDIO73

Nov 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malikhashmi said:
Guys need your help!!!

I lived in the US while I was studying and got my police certificate completed in August 2015 (done the fingerprinting and all).

Now CIC wants my US police certificate - can I use the one i received last year given that there has been no status change (havent left canada since time of application). I think i messed up and should have forwarded this to CIC when i recieved it (dont ask me why i didnt)!!

Or do I need to complete a new police certificate application which can take upto 12+ weeks.
i hope you can. I remember they have 1 year validity. But i might be wrong. Good luck anyways

Your response would be appreciated!

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Contacted my lawyer. The old FBI report will not work and I need to get a new one

any leads on where and how I can get US FBI certificate can be done within the GTA area? Moreover, will CIC accept a report from these third party FBI approved agencies or will only the original work?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malikhashmi said:
Contacted my lawyer. The old FBI report will not work and I need to get a new one

any leads on where and how I can get US FBI certificate can be done within the GTA area? Moreover, will CIC accept a report from these third party FBI approved agencies or will only the original work?
Was your FBI IHSR letter issued while you were still in the U.S., or after you had returned to Canada?

If it was after you left the U.S., your lawyer is mistaken.

Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder), you will have to go through the FBI directly...if you really need a new one.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Firstly thanks for replying Ponga!

I had applied for FBI clearance before sending in the inland application. The actual clearance only came after the application had been submitted and I was in Canada. For some reason, I held on to it and didnt send it to CIC.

Now question is - will they accept this August 2015 issued clearance or do I need a new one? I have till January 11 2016 to submit the police certificate.

Ponga said:
Was your FBI IHSR letter issued while you were still in the U.S., or after you had returned to Canada?

If it was after you left the U.S., your lawyer is mistaken.

Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holder), you will have to go through the FBI directly...if you really need a new one.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Shellz said:
Hi everyone
I've been following as a guest for some time now. We are Dec 2015 applicants. Have even been peeking at the 2016 treads. (There we found help for the issue we had linking my husband's application).
I guess my anxiety is that we have just passed the 1yr mark and with a 10 months old baby the wait is so very stressful. We submitted the OWP in September and have heard nothing. Although we were finally able to link the application we still cannot link the work permit. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Should we be able to link the work permit at this point? Are we not able to because they've not started to process it as yet? Should we have received an AOR for that as well?
Apologies for so many questions.

App received Dec 9th 2015
Approved to sponsor Jul 5th 2016

So stressed but our baby girl makes me smile always :)
My application is also received on the same date never heard anything after that.... Have u done medicals?

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015
malikhashmi said:

I had applied for FBI clearance before sending in the inland application. The actual clearance only came after the application had been submitted and I was in Canada. For some reason, I held on to it and didnt send it to CIC.

Now question is - will they accept this August 2015 issued clearance or do I need a new one? I have till January 11 2016 to submit the police certificate.

You dont need the updated police clearance if they didnt ask for that,,they just need the original one,,

Christine_Y

Jul 22, 2015
My answer is no. you can send the FBI clearance, which you received on August, 2015.
Please attach the explain letter that you have no changed since you left USA.

malikhashmi said:

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
My application is also received on the same date never heard anything after that.... Have u done medicals?
Hi thanks for responding.
Did you send in the application for work permit?

The only way we got any update was after we were finally able to link the account online.
There it shows...
Review of Eligibility: in progress
Medical: not needed at this time
Review of supported documents: blank
Interview: not needed at this time
Background check: in progress
Decision: not started

Yes we did the medical upfront in September. We never heard anything about that. We don't even know if it was received but the system states not needed dor now.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Fractional people don't count ;)

It was more to say that, those still happen. Inlanders with criminality concerns happen too. So, if you take out those three groups, the odds go up as well. Now take the number and put it against the total pool (not just the known pool), and the odds changes again in favour of this group.

Marriage fraud is a big enough problem that, CBSA and inland CIC does perform home inspections.

All that is to say, not to worry. If you're legit, you're essentially a shoe in...

When we consulted an immigration lawyer with what we lerceieved to be red flags, she told us that applying inland was virtually created for cases like ours, and that those things we felt might hurt us would be mitigated. She has 31yrs in immigration law.
ok thanks... we are totally legit but still stress over the whole process, worrying about stupid things like age difference or parents not being at wedding etc. stuff that really shouldn't be an issue even in this day and age but it is easy to worry about every little thing when your whole life is basically hanging on the whim of a government office

aleguillen

Star Member
May 15, 2013
So last night we got sponsorship approval !!!!! I am so happy all of this wait is coming to an end anc it feels good. Always stay positive ! Yes it is hard and frustrating I have thought he worst scenarios myself but if you love your significant other and it is real dont worry everything will be okay ! Have been with my babe for almost 5 years and living together for 3. The light is at the end of the tunnel!