Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
we haven't get any mail yet, just the request on mycic for the medicals a week ago.
now I logged in ECAS and it only shows one line on the sponsor tab instead of 3 as it did last week...

all this waiting is driving me crazy...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have noticed many on this thread seem to be posting negative messages. Truth be told I have posted one or two of my own in other places.

That said, I'd recommend for everyone to remain in high spirits and know your loved ones will land soon. I realise this sounds like wishful thinking, but there actually is basis-in-fact. Toiling over it is not healthy.

No one here has posted a procedural fairness letter. There has been document requests (totally normal). To be fair, that means CIC is likely going to grant all of you PRs. There is an 85% approval rating for the in Canada vlass.

The new changes mean they still have to spend considerable effort clearing the backlog as they have been. July 2015s are now being focused on.

So, sit tight, enjoy the holidays, and try not to fret about little stuff. For those seeing one line in the sponsor's side of ecas, it looks like a gailed update. I have it too, and I'm 1000% sure my application to sponsor my wife is in good shape and is in process.

kmm905

Dec 8, 2016
volkov said:
maybe they mean that once you apply for inland, you aren't supposed to leave the country? hence "trapped" until you get your PR finished

am I right about that? just a guess
I applied In-land and got a work permit, applied for a re-entry visa on my passport, they put a new full page sticker like the one that says student or visitor, now this one says worker.
i have left Canada many many times (as i am a commercial pilot) and returned to my home country over 7 times for the year and going back this coming Wednesday for 2 days. i have never had a problem re-entering Canada.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
you can , of course, but its been advised not to, it would all be depend on the custom border if they'll let you in again or not. as what cic says ( at least what i read before) your application might be jeopardized, if they asked you to exit the border or an interview and you are not currently present in Canada, your application would be automatically dismissed. :( i know, sucks. I've been waiting for a year now, haven't been home for four years and still can't coz of waiting for my PR :(
CIC used to have it on their website it's not recommended to travel, but they've changed it now...to just state you can travel if you have the right documents to return. Your app would really only be jeopardized if you move out of the country, or do something to make you as inadmissible to return.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
I have noticed many on this thread seem to be posting negative messages. Truth be told I have posted one or two of my own in other places.

That said, I'd recommend for everyone to remain in high spirits and know your loved ones will land soon. I realise this sounds like wishful thinking, but there actually is basis-in-fact. Toiling over it is not healthy.

No one here has posted a procedural fairness letter. There has been document requests (totally normal). To be fair, that means CIC is likely going to grant all of you PRs. There is an 85% approval rating for the in Canada vlass.

The new changes mean they still have to spend considerable effort clearing the backlog as they have been. July 2015s are now being focused on.

So, sit tight, enjoy the holidays, and try not to fret about little stuff. For those seeing one line in the sponsor's side of ecas, it looks like a gailed update. I have it too, and I'm 1000% sure my application to sponsor my wife is in good shape and is in process.
Great reminder! :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
Great reminder! :)
Except for my smartphone's small keyboard and me possessing fat thumbs ;)

So sorry about the typos!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:

"85%"?? so that means that roughly 1 out of 6 of us here will have their application fail?? those are still very frightening odds when it is pretty close to a life or death situation as you can get without it being actual life or death... but realistically a potentially happy life as we know it or not :( now you have introduced worry on top of worry

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
"85%"?? so that means that roughly 1 out of 6 of us here will have their application fail?? those are still very frightening odds when it is pretty close to a life or death situation as you can get without it being actual life or death... but realistically a potentially happy life as we know it or not :( now you have introduced worry on top of worry
Sorry, I am having trouble reconciling your math.

There is 78,000 in Canada applications. We only know of about 600.

And to be honest, 85% is damned high. Considering some who apply who are not legitimate, or those who commit misrepresentation.

85% is damned good. Look for the stats on Family Class... the refusal rate would shock you :)

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
ok sorry in my stress of reading your comment calculating mathematically exact got sacrificed, I guess it would be closer to 1 out of 7 or so... still scary, although if those that fail are all bad "not legitimate....misrepresentation" applications then I guess we can feel safer, but that is surprising that so many people try to pull fraud or whatever, especially inland

beate1961

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Nov.24
AOR Received.
Dec. 10-17-016
Med's Request
01-11-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
simpsol22 said:
Congrats!!! Hopefully you get that landing letter soon. I updated the spreadsheet with your news.
Hi there, I just joined and need help with the spread sheet you are referring to. I enter the info but see no save button..

Also I just received email from CIC that my application has been received and we have been assigned A UCI. Once I checked the status I was not able to get any info. So this would not be the same as anAOR then?
I am the sponsor and we applied on Nov. 24 and it was received by CIC the next day!

Many thanks for your help>
Bea

sur

Oct 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LainaMae said:
... (my first application was denied, didn't believe we were a legitimate couple.)
Were you common-law or married?

I applied for my wife. Still no progress!
3 months ago they asked for MORE proof. We sent more pictures and sent Marriage Certificate AGAIN (don't know why they asked for it when we had already supplied it!!).
Application was received by CiC in April-2015.

ywqu said:
Finally cic answered my call. They told me my case is approved, all I need to do is waiting for the landing paper.

My timeline: App rev 2015 04 08
CSQ request 2016 06 16
SAP email 2016 12 02 (no AIP email)
E-cas shows two DECISION MADE

I think everybody got DM on 2nd Dec will be happy to read this post.
What does "CSQ" and "SAP" mean? Pardon my weak acronym capabilities.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
sur said:
What does "CSQ" and "SAP" mean? Pardon my weak acronym capabilities.
CSQ: certificat de sélection du Québec (this applies only for immigration to Quebec's province)
SA: sponsor approval

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
Hi everyone
I've been following as a guest for some time now. We are Dec 2015 applicants. Have even been peeking at the 2016 treads. (There we found help for the issue we had linking my husband's application).
I guess my anxiety is that we have just passed the 1yr mark and with a 10 months old baby the wait is so very stressful. We submitted the OWP in September and have heard nothing. Although we were finally able to link the application we still cannot link the work permit. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Should we be able to link the work permit at this point? Are we not able to because they've not started to process it as yet? Should we have received an AOR for that as well?
Apologies for so many questions.

App received Dec 9th 2015
Approved to sponsor Jul 5th 2016

So stressed but our baby girl makes me smile always :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
ok sorry in my stress of reading your comment calculating mathematically exact got sacrificed, I guess it would be closer to 1 out of 7 or so... still scary, although if those that fail are all bad "not legitimate....misrepresentation" applications then I guess we can feel safer, but that is surprising that so many people try to pull fraud or whatever, especially inland
Fractional people don't count ;)

It was more to say that, those still happen. Inlanders with criminality concerns happen too. So, if you take out those three groups, the odds go up as well. Now take the number and put it against the total pool (not just the known pool), and the odds changes again in favour of this group.

Marriage fraud is a big enough problem that, CBSA and inland CIC does perform home inspections.

All that is to say, not to worry. If you're legit, you're essentially a shoe in...

When we consulted an immigration lawyer with what we lerceieved to be red flags, she told us that applying inland was virtually created for cases like ours, and that those things we felt might hurt us would be mitigated. She has 31yrs in immigration law.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Ecas was updated today to say 'medical results have been received'.

took them 2 weeks to update their system - thank god its done.

now hopefully the Landing interview, DM, AIP, etc etc will happen soon.

getting there...slowly.....veryyyy slowlllyy