2015-11 submit application
2016-05 AOR
2015-05 Sponsor approved
2016-08 interview
2016-09 AIP
2016-10 document request
2016-11 DM
Congratulations!! That's exciting.

I'm June 2015 applicant, hope to hear something by the end of the month.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
PatientlyWaiting4Thalia said:
I applied in October 2015 everything is done last time I spoke with someone at cic they said they're doing the security check. I really hope to hear from them soon before the end of the month.
[/quote. Hi do you how cic do the security checking

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PatientlyWaiting4Thalia said:
I applied in October 2015 everything is done last time I spoke with someone at cic they said they're doing the security check. I really hope to hear from them soon before the end of the month.
What are they doing with the security check? Do we expect them to come to our house? My common law partner only comes home atleast 2-3 times a month coz he's working out of town, i hope that wouldnt be an issue

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
What are they doing with the security check? Do we expect them to come to our house? My common law partner only comes home atleast 2-3 times a month coz he's working out of town, i hope that wouldnt be an issue
Security checks in CIC terms is them handing your info to CSIS for them to check:
- links to terrorist organizations,
- links to organized crime,
- international human rights violations,
- links to political parties who have been known to attempt to over-throw governments.

Generally speaking, most should pass this pretty easy.

Criminality checks involve looking at your history (in and outside of Canada) to see if there is any, and does it equate Canadian laws. Eg: Drunk Driving.

In your case, CIC could choose to do a spot check to make sure you and your sponsor are cohabitating. These are random, unless someone tips them off. They do happen unannounced, and same day.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Security checks in CIC terms is them handing your info to CSIS for them to check:
- links to terrorist organizations,
- links to organized crime,
- international human rights violations,
- links to political parties who have been known to attempt to over-throw governments.

Generally speaking, most should pass this pretty easy.

Criminality checks involve looking at your history (in and outside of Canada) to see if there is any, and does it equate Canadian laws. Eg: Drunk Driving.

In your case, CIC could choose to do a spot check to make sure you and your sponsor are cohabitating. These are random, unless someone tips them off. They do happen unannounced, and same day.
Ohh okay thanks thats good to know. I was worried about that this summer and fall coz during this season he barely come back to town coz of work..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
june1990 said:
Ohh okay thanks thats good to know. I was worried about that this summer and fall coz during this season he barely come back to town coz of work..
From all reports I have read, they call you (the PA), and ask your address. They show up a short time later in a group and begin examining your home for evidence that you two cohabitate.

Unfortunately, others have committed immigration fraud. Even some come to this forum to ask for help. This is the result...

Bagljas

Jul 4, 2016
Hi everyone, again I have a question about medical exam.

I got request last week and booked appointment but when I asked them if they are going to send the results even without x-ray (due to my pregnancy) they told me NO, they don't send incomplete medical exam!!! They will only send it once I do x-ray.

What should I do now? Do they have to send it even if it's partial? How will CIC know that I've done medical (even incomplete, because I know I have to do it) if DR doesn't send it? Any similar experience? Any DR you can recommend in the GTA?

Please advise, thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bagljas said:
Hi everyone, again I have a question about medical exam.

I got request last week and booked appointment but when I asked them if they are going to send the results even without x-ray (due to my pregnancy) they told me NO, they don't send incomplete medical exam!!! They will only send it once I do x-ray.

What should I do now? Do they have to send it even if it's partial? How will CIC know that I've done medical (even incomplete, because I know I have to do it) if DR doesn't send it? Any similar experience? Any DR you can recommend in the GTA?

Please advise, thanks!
They are supposed to give you IMM5733.

Was this a panel physician? I don't know about GTA, but I do for Kitchener...

Bagljas

Jul 4, 2016
profiler said:
They are supposed to give you IMM5733.

Was this a panel physician? I don't know about GTA, but I do for Kitchener...
All clear now. I didn't even know about imm5733. I called them again and was told that they are not sending incomplete medical, but they will notify CIC about it.
Thanks again profiler!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Bagljas said:
All clear now. I didn't even know about imm5733. I called them again and was told that they are not sending incomplete medical, but they will notify CIC about it.
Thanks again profiler!
You bet..

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Any idea how long it takes for ircc etobicocke to send landing interview letter after decision made.Got decision made letter on November 1st now waiting for landing letter.Any times please.Am a June 2015 applicant.

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys, I have my Landing Interview tomorrow and am a little nervous - other than taking the bits they asked for is there anything else I should know?

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
I have a question regarding the OWP i recieved a while ago and it says on the remarks that it does not confer temporary resident status. the application for permanent residence has recieved initial approval. Does it means my application got first stage approval already? if ever i recieved the first stage approval are they going to send me a confirmation email for the said approval?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
chrismgallen said:
Hi guys, I have my Landing Interview tomorrow and am a little nervous - other than taking the bits they asked for is there anything else I should know?
They just ask a couple questions to make sure the material facts are still the same (number of dependants, any criminal offences, etc).

Jessieh

Nov 20, 2013
Hi guys, I just received my notice of landing interview at Etobicoke. I am wondering that will I officially be a PR after the interview or it will have more process? Thanks.