03-03-2014
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
12-08-2016
Sponsor2015 said:
We called them back in July and they said we are supposed to receive an answer in September. Then we called them again last week and they said it should come by the end of the year. I don't trust them anymore. .. my wife is pregnant now and we desperately need AIP to have RAMQ. We live in Quebec... it's been 19 months now
you could request for your GCMS notes and see whats going on??

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
What matters is the marital status at the time that the form is completed by the applicant, not the date of passing of the father.

Moot point really, because I suspect either one is probably ok.

Just curious how you feel that showing married would in any way facilitate the background check of this applicant?
I was also eluding to either case would work. It may help in BG checks for situations where they are having trouble locating family for example. But You are right, It'll be a moot point really. 6 of one..

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
I uploaded several files proof of cohabitation but I had to upload them in several batches as they size didn't fit in one. Today I've received a confirmation that the files were received from different people, I wonder what if they don't understand that there are several files that belong to one application. One more reason to stress out. :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
I uploaded several files proof of cohabitation but I had to upload them in several batches as they size didn't fit in one. Today I've received a confirmation that the files were received from different people, I wonder what if they don't understand that there are several files that belong to one application. One more reason to stress out. :(
The emails go to a distribution group -- the first agent to get to it will answer...

paulschild

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Seems like they are slow again. Haven't seen much June applicants with decision made. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm July 2015. Still waiting helplessly

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
paulschild said:
Seems like they are slow again. Haven't seen much June applicants with decision made. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm July 2015. Still waiting helplessly
Ya. I was thinking that too... not many updates recently. I am July 07 2015 app.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
abrakadabra said:
An even if the email goes to different agents they will combine them together I hope
Ya they get attached to your case when you submit initially.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
You guys know there is 78,000 cases right? And the spreadsheet has what? 400 in it??

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
profiler said:
You guys know there is 78,000 cases right? And the spreadsheet has what? 400 in it??
Then wouldn't be easier for them if they processed the applications in order.. instead of this our of order processing!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sponsor2015 said:
Then wouldn't be easier for them if they processed the applications in order.. instead of this our of order processing!!
They actually are processing inland SIR applications in order... in the perspectives of groups they have already assigned the cases for fastest processing times. Look at your GCMS notes to find the group you are in....

The rest are bring processed in chronological order, with respect to cases that do not have delays imposed on them (missing docs, missing medicals, etc).

Pretty easy order...

Look at it this way, do you want to wait 3 months for the person before you to complete their medical?? So, they still have to request the medical, which also takes processing time. Of the <1% that we know of, might just be waiting for the other >99% who are causing delay because of missing requirements?

I think people forget perspective here... If we could educate the 88% club, then CIC would be a well oiled machine.... the simple fact is you cannot.

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
profiler said:
They actually are processing inland SIR applications in order... in the perspectives of groups they have already assigned the cases for fastest processing times. Look at your GCMS notes to find the group you are in....

The rest are bring processed in chronological order, with respect to cases that do not have delays imposed on them (missing docs, missing medicals, etc).

Pretty easy order...

Look at it this way, do you want to wait 3 months for the person before you to complete their medical?? So, they still have to request the medical, which also takes processing time. Of the <1% that we know of, might just be waiting for the other >99% who are causing delay because of missing requirements?

I think people forget perspective here... If we could educate the 88% club, then CIC would be a well oiled machine.... the simple fact is you cannot.
I have seen people getting their answer in less than 3 months after a request and receiving AIP few weeks after a medical request. Whereas in our case we have been waiting 4 months and a half and still no sign from CIC... Sorry but this is ridiculously unfair..

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Sponsor2015 said:
I have seen people getting their answer in less than 3 months after a request and receiving AIP few weeks after a medical request. Whereas in our case we have been waiting 4 months and a half and still no sign from CIC... Sorry but this is ridiculously unfair..
Fair isn't the right word associated with immigration. Read these forum and there are stories that are completely unfair. In my situation papers got lost and the rules changes last minute, so everything is possible

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
abrakadabra said:
Fair isn't the right word associated with immigration. Read these forum and there are stories that are completely unfair. In my situation papers got lost and the rules changes last minute, so everything is possible
Its sad how true this statement is. And I feel for anything you had to go through.

I recently posted on the forum saying that I received a landing appointment on October 6th scheduling a landing for us on October 13th, 2016.

So we were ecstatic that we got our landing and finally things are going to work out, she can finally take a break from work (she hates working industrial) and I can take over as the money maker and made a list of the things we would want to do after our landing.
We finally get to landing interview only to find out they made a mistake on our application and that the application was still in-process (someone hitting some button wrong somewhere). Even the status on E-case changed to DM on the following Sunday of the week we received the letter.
The lady at the counter had to call the immigration officer because all she could see was that the landing was cancelled when she looked us up. The officer apologized and that was it.

We felt like our lives had fallen apart. I was already going through a bit of depression sitting at home feeling worthless. That letter gave us hopes of leading a better life/normal again. It felt like some sort of cruel joke. And to think that I was feeling depressed before this was funny because now it was absolutely devastating. My wife works onsite as a medic here in Alberta (3 weeks on, 3 off) and had just started her shift on October 5th. So she ended up having to get off that shift and her company would have to send someone to take over the shift. So the next time she goes back to work is after the 3 weeks off (9th of November). Factoring in that I don't work because I don't have a work permit since I was out of status when we applied and haven't worked in close to 2 years now. We took a hit financially since my wife wasn't able to go back before her next scheduled time on.

On the 17th E-CAS changed back from DM to Application Received. And then guess what, E-CAS changes again on the 20th to DM. I didn't know what to believe anymore. I called the CIC call center on the 26th and the agent who attended to us told us that a correspondence was sent on the 25th sent by mail (not e-mail). On the 28th this line shows up on E-CAS, "We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application". They couldn't tell us over the phone if it was good news or bad news. Also we haven't been successful in linking our application on to mycic.

I don't know whats going on. I half expect to never receive the letter or for it to be a rejection letter. We've spent the last 3 days in absolute hell waiting for this letter to come about that decides our fate.

On my side (Applicant) of E-CAS this is what show up so far,

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you a letter on October 6, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application.

Sponsors side shows DM as well with the updates ending at the Medical. Sponsorship Application Status is "In Process".

They have not asked us to prove our marriage since I was out of status at the time of application which I know is a big red flag. And I know CIC usually gives applicants a fair trial if they don't believe in any part of the application. But I guess it a waiting game now with that letter for now.

But this goes to show that anything could happen.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
fsuhail said:
Its sad how true this statement is. And I feel for anything you had to go through.

I recently posted on the forum saying that I received a landing appointment on October 6th scheduling a landing for us on October 13th, 2016.

So we were ecstatic that we got our landing and finally things are going to work out, she can finally take a break from work (she hates working industrial) and I can take over as the money maker and made a list of the things we would want to do after our landing.
We finally get to landing interview only to find out they made a mistake on our application and that the application was still in-process (someone hitting some button wrong somewhere). Even the status on E-case changed to DM on the following Sunday of the week we received the letter.
The lady at the counter had to call the immigration officer because all she could see was that the landing was cancelled when she looked us up. The officer apologized and that was it.

We felt like our lives had fallen apart. I was already going through a bit of depression sitting at home feeling worthless. That letter gave us hopes of leading a better life/normal again. It felt like some sort of cruel joke. And to think that I was feeling depressed before this was funny because now it was absolutely devastating. My wife works onsite as a medic here in Alberta (3 weeks on, 3 off) and had just started her shift on October 5th. So she ended up having to get off that shift and her company would have to send someone to take over the shift. So the next time she goes back to work is after the 3 weeks off (9th of November). Factoring in that I don't work because I don't have a work permit since I was out of status when we applied and haven't worked in close to 2 years now. We took a hit financially since my wife wasn't able to go back before her next scheduled time on.

On the 17th E-CAS changed back from DM to Application Received. And then guess what, E-CAS changes again on the 20th to DM. I didn't know what to believe anymore. I called the CIC call center on the 26th and the agent who attended to us told us that a correspondence was sent on the 25th sent by mail (not e-mail). On the 28th this line shows up on E-CAS, "We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application". They couldn't tell us over the phone if it was good news or bad news. Also we haven't been successful in linking our application on to mycic.

I don't know whats going on. I half expect to never receive the letter or for it to be a rejection letter. We've spent the last 3 days in absolute hell waiting for this letter to come about that decides our fate.

On my side (Applicant) of E-CAS this is what show up so far,

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you a letter on October 6, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application.

Sponsors side shows DM as well with the updates ending at the Medical. Sponsorship Application Status is "In Process".

They have not asked us to prove our marriage since I was out of status at the time of application which I know is a big red flag. And I know CIC usually gives applicants a fair trial if they don't believe in any part of the application. But I guess it a waiting game now with that letter for now.

But this goes to show that anything could happen.
OMG! I'm truly sorry to hear what has happened to you, that's absolute hell waiting in limbo like that. Hope everything will turn out to be ok