Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fsuhail said:
Its sad how true this statement is. And I feel for anything you had to go through.

I recently posted on the forum saying that I received a landing appointment on October 6th scheduling a landing for us on October 13th, 2016.

So we were ecstatic that we got our landing and finally things are going to work out, she can finally take a break from work (she hates working industrial) and I can take over as the money maker and made a list of the things we would want to do after our landing.
We finally get to landing interview only to find out they made a mistake on our application and that the application was still in-process (someone hitting some button wrong somewhere). Even the status on E-case changed to DM on the following Sunday of the week we received the letter.
The lady at the counter had to call the immigration officer because all she could see was that the landing was cancelled when she looked us up. The officer apologized and that was it.

We felt like our lives had fallen apart. I was already going through a bit of depression sitting at home feeling worthless. That letter gave us hopes of leading a better life/normal again. It felt like some sort of cruel joke. And to think that I was feeling depressed before this was funny because now it was absolutely devastating. My wife works onsite as a medic here in Alberta (3 weeks on, 3 off) and had just started her shift on October 5th. So she ended up having to get off that shift and her company would have to send someone to take over the shift. So the next time she goes back to work is after the 3 weeks off (9th of November). Factoring in that I don't work because I don't have a work permit since I was out of status when we applied and haven't worked in close to 2 years now. We took a hit financially since my wife wasn't able to go back before her next scheduled time on.

On the 17th E-CAS changed back from DM to Application Received. And then guess what, E-CAS changes again on the 20th to DM. I didn't know what to believe anymore. I called the CIC call center on the 26th and the agent who attended to us told us that a correspondence was sent on the 25th sent by mail (not e-mail). On the 28th this line shows up on E-CAS, "We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application". They couldn't tell us over the phone if it was good news or bad news. Also we haven't been successful in linking our application on to mycic.

I don't know whats going on. I half expect to never receive the letter or for it to be a rejection letter. We've spent the last 3 days in absolute hell waiting for this letter to come about that decides our fate.

On my side (Applicant) of E-CAS this is what show up so far,

We received your application for permanent residence on April 29, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you a letter on October 6, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you correspondence on October 25, 2016 about the decision on your application.

Sponsors side shows DM as well with the updates ending at the Medical. Sponsorship Application Status is "In Process".

They have not asked us to prove our marriage since I was out of status at the time of application which I know is a big red flag. And I know CIC usually gives applicants a fair trial if they don't believe in any part of the application. But I guess it a waiting game now with that letter for now.

But this goes to show that anything could happen.
Sounds terrible. You can call your MP. Considering what you've gone through, they can find out in a matter of hours.

That said, I wonder if you're from a visa-exempt or visa-requiring country. If you're from a visa-requiring, it may mean that they skipped the PPR step by mistake. The correspondence can be a PPR.

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
profiler said:
Sounds terrible. You can call your MP. Considering what you've gone through, they can find out in a matter of hours.

That said, I wonder if you're from a visa-exempt or visa-requiring country. If you're from a visa-requiring, it may mean that they skipped the PPR step by mistake. The correspondence can be a PPR.
I am from a visa-requiring country. That makes things sound a little better. I thought they did Passport Requests only for outland applicants. If that is what it is, thats awesome :D

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fsuhail said:
I am from a visa-requiring country. That makes things sound a little better. I thought they did Passport Requests only for outland applicants. If that is what it is, thats awesome :D
For visa-requiring countries, I believe there is still a counterfoil that gets affixed into your international travel passport. Kind of like the (ME) TRV you probably had to travel to Canada in the first place. It would also make sense that they sent you the landing letter by mistake (without having requested your passport, or updated photos). I may be totally wrong here, but that's my guess from what I have read and know..

You can always ask your MP on Monday. For me, CIC pissed me off last week over an ATIP request taking more than 60 days. So, I used a sledge hammer (my MP) to kill a fly (CIC's ATIP clerks). Within 4 hours of my initial call (forms filled out and emailed to the MP, etc) their office returned my call and knew pretty much EVERYTHING about our case. They were able to tell me that my wife's case is just waiting for Security and Criminality checks to complete before sending to local VO for issuance. They could tell me everything.

So, it might be worth it to confirm. If you have a decision already, you can't hurt anything, if it's negative, you might require an MP's intervention anyway. So, why not, right?

fsuhail

Dec 19, 2015
profiler said:
For visa-requiring countries, I believe there is still a counterfoil that gets affixed into your international travel passport. Kind of like the (ME) TRV you probably had to travel to Canada in the first place. It would also make sense that they sent you the landing letter by mistake (without having requested your passport, or updated photos). I may be totally wrong here, but that's my guess from what I have read and know..

You can always ask your MP on Monday. For me, CIC pissed me off last week over an ATIP request taking more than 60 days. So, I used a sledge hammer (my MP) to kill a fly (CIC's ATIP clerks). Within 4 hours of my initial call (forms filled out and emailed to the MP, etc) their office returned my call and knew pretty much EVERYTHING about our case. They were able to tell me that my wife's case is just waiting for Security and Criminality checks to complete before sending to local VO for issuance. They could tell me everything.

So, it might be worth it to confirm. If you have a decision already, you can't hurt anything, if it's negative, you might require an MP's intervention anyway. So, why not, right?
haha Thats a funny metaphor but yea that does make sense. I'll give the MP's office a call first thing Monday.

Also, a quick google search got me to this cic page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Applicants from visa-required countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send their valid passport and, if applicable, the valid passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

We already paid RPRF which has to be paid before a finalized decision, since E-CAS updated to DM, the next piece of the puzzle should be PPR. I had no idea this was part of the process since seeing a ton of folks on this forum getting landing letter directly.
Thank you for fixing my ignorance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fsuhail said:
haha Thats a funny metaphor but yea that does make sense. I'll give the MP's office a call first thing Monday.

Also, a quick google search got me to this cic page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

Applicants from visa-required countries

The ‘Passport Request’ letter instructs the applicant on how to send their valid passport and, if applicable, the valid passports of their accompanying spouse and dependent children.

We already paid RPRF which has to be paid before a finalized decision, since E-CAS updated to DM, the next piece of the puzzle should be PPR. I had no idea this was part of the process since seeing a ton of folks on this forum getting landing letter directly.
Thank you for fixing my ignorance.
It's totally possible that it's a PPR. But it's also possible it's not. The MP can find out in minutes. Many countries have visa-free reciprocities with Canada. So, people from US, Europe, Oceania, and other regions may announce a landing, but for them they really only require a PR Card. Those countries that do not, could still see a PPR from my understanding...

If you have GCMS notes at all (from some point in your process) you'd see if a counterfoil was required or not. If so, you'll get a PPR.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Sponsor2015 said:
I have seen people getting their answer in less than 3 months after a request and receiving AIP few weeks after a medical request. Whereas in our case we have been waiting 4 months and a half and still no sign from CIC... Sorry but this is ridiculously unfair..
So I couldn't find you in the Inland spreadsheet. Did you get AIP? If so, when?

YangT

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I can apply for an extension of work permit online? Has anybody here tried extending open work permit online? I tried taking the eligibility, but only wants me to apply for TRV. I'm an August applicant and work permit expires on February, however I can't afford to be out of status because I 'm currently pregnant and due date will be on April. My ECAS still shows In Process for Sponsor and Application Received for Applicant. My husband (sponsor) called CIC last week saying that everything seems to be okei, that they started background check and call mid-December again for follow-up.

I just want faster processing for the work permit, so I wanted to submit an online application.

Thanks in advance!

jay80

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 jan 2015
Nomination.....
december 2014
AOR Received.
April 2015
File Transfer...
june 2016
Med's Request
may 2015/ june 2016
Med's Done....
may 2015/ june 2016
Passport Req..
september 2016
VISA ISSUED...
october 2016 received
LANDED..........
landing before December
YangT said:
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I can apply for an extension of work permit online? Has anybody here tried extending open work permit online? I tried taking the eligibility, but only wants me to apply for TRV. I'm an August applicant and work permit expires on February, however I can't afford to be out of status because I 'm currently pregnant and due date will be on April. My ECAS still shows In Process for Sponsor and Application Received for Applicant. My husband (sponsor) called CIC last week saying that everything seems to be okei, that they started background check and call mid-December again for follow-up.

I just want faster processing for the work permit, so I wanted to submit an online application.

Thanks in advance!
good day,

if i were you, i would apply already for BOWP through paper based application process. make sure to follow imm5556 with the document pertaining to spousal sponsorship. submitting on line is quite annoying specially that it requires you to have an unexpired IELTS. this might be the reason why you are asked to apply for TRV. Applying paperbased would not put you on out of status worker come february. you will only be in implied status until BOWP decision is finalized and that is if you satisfy all the required documents on imm5556.

best of luck

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
abrakadabra said:
Fair isn't the right word associated with immigration. Read these forum and there are stories that are completely unfair. In my situation papers got lost and the rules changes last minute, so everything is possible
FYI we initially send our application beginning of 2014 and they lost it and we had to reapply in 2015 so we basically lost one year of our life waiting for nothing! so when I see people getting their PR in less than a year I can't stop thinking how this processing is UNFAIR

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
YangT said:
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!
we applied by paper, make sure you send it to the correct address, for us it was Vegreville at the time but that might have changed (even though our PR application was sent to Ontario). It took a few months to receive the actual work permit in the mail, but when we had called the CIC call centre they had assured us that we were on implied status anyways starting from when they received our OWP application (this is controversial on this forum, but the agent at the call center assured us strongly and even emailed us that we were fine to work on implied status while waiting) . The OWP came in the mail and it is good for a full 2 years, so that gives us some stress relief while we wait for them to finish the PR application and hopefully be finished with the PR long before the new Open Work Permit expires.

good luck

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Just requested my second set of notes after getting AIP on October 6th and then hearing nothing at all since :(

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chrismgallen said:
Just requested my second set of notes after getting AIP on October 6th and then hearing nothing at all since :(
My OWP will expire in June, when should i submit my extension? How much would it cost me and would it still take 4 months? Thank you!!:)

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Sponsor2015 said:
FYI we initially send our application beginning of 2014 and they lost it and we had to reapply in 2015 so we basically lost one year of our life waiting for nothing! so when I see people getting their PR in less than a year I can't stop thinking how this processing is UNFAIR
I'm so sorry to hear that. Best of luck this time

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
june1990 said:
My OWP will expire in June, when should i submit my extension? How much would it cost me and would it still take 4 months? Thank you!!:)
If you send your OWP extension before your OWP expires, you can continue to work under implied status. No idea if the second one takes 4 months to receive.

It might be a waste of money, if you get your DM notice, but at least you won't have to stop working.

Bagljas

Jul 4, 2016
Hi everyone!
Just got a request for medical and I am concerned about the x-ray requirement because I am pregnant. Will CIC continue processing with partial results (i.e. without the x-ray), or will it be on hold until I am comfortable doing the x-ray? Is there a link to a previous discussion on this matter? Will I get AIP regardless of the medical test requirement?

July 2015 applicant.

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

B.