30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Sanchari said:
I just successfully linked it. I was reading other thread and found out to just leave place of birth blank by typing space bar. And I tried it and was successful.
I have not been able to link to the system yet. did you enter all the passport details (issue date, expiry date?)??

Sanchari

Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Request
21-02-2017
malikhashmi said:
I have not been able to link to the system yet. did you enter all the passport details (issue date, expiry date?)??
Yes. I entered all the info. The section that asks for "Place of Birth", just enter space once and leave it as it is, blank. And in the last section where they ask for number of applicants, include the sponsor and the applicant, so "2". If you have also applied for dependent children, then you can enter the number accordingly.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Sponsor2015 said:
How long does it to hear back from CIC after a request? It's been 4 months now and no news.
What was the request?
I didn't hear anything after police certificate for 4 months...then they sent me a request for medical and one more the next day for more proof of cohabitation.
After reading the forum I realized that the time frames are different for each case

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
abrakadabra said:
What was the request?
I didn't hear anything after police certificate for 4 months...then they sent me a request for medical and one more the next day for more proof of cohabitation.
After reading the forum I realized that the time frames are different for each case
Request for medical and Police certificate. I received them 4 months ago.

VIRK399

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
12-08-2016
Sponsor2015 said:
Request for medical and Police certificate. I received them 4 months ago.
if they have not asked for any request. You should probably be getting your AIP or DM soon.

VIRK399

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
12-08-2016
Sponsor2015 said:
We send our application March 2015 and still no news. We received a request for medical and police certificate back in June and until now we haven't heard yet.
May be you should call the call centre and ask them.

spiderlily

Apr 2, 2015
I have a question about the IMM5406 Additional Family Information form. If my father is deceased, should his marital status be "deceased" or "married"? What about his address? I tried contacting CIC, and I am getting conflicting answers.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
spiderlily said:
I have a question about the IMM5406 Additional Family Information form. If my father is deceased, should his marital status be "deceased" or "married"? What about his address? I tried contacting CIC, and I am getting conflicting answers.
I would think if he was married on the day of his passing, that you should still claim married. Just attach a piece of paper (or a CSE if you have already submitted) to signal to them that he has passed.

Sponsor2015

Oct 23, 2016
VIRK399 said:
if they have not asked for any request. You should probably be getting your AIP or DM soon.
We called them back in July and they said we are supposed to receive an answer in September. Then we called them again last week and they said it should come by the end of the year. I don't trust them anymore. .. my wife is pregnant now and we desperately need AIP to have RAMQ. We live in Quebec... it's been 19 months now

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
I would think if he was married on the day of his passing, that you should still claim married. Just attach a piece of paper (or a CSE if you have already submitted) to signal to them that he has passed.
If that were true, every person that was married when they passed away would still be shown as married?

I think this one is pretty clear. The person should be listed as deceased. Marital status at time of death doesn't seem relevant.

Parental information is also required in one of the application forms, which is where his date of passing will be shown as well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
If that were true, every person that was married when they passed away would still be shown as married?

I think this one is pretty clear. The person should be listed as deceased. Marital status at time of death doesn't seem relevant.

Parental information is also required in one of the application forms, which is where his date of passing will be shown as well.
Alright. Now do we know if CIC refuses an application or requests the form again if it's filled out either way?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Alright. Now do we know if CIC refuses an application or requests the form again if it's filled out either way?
I don't see how they could refuse or even question the answer, because it is correct; the person is deceased.

That form only asks for the DOB, so listing married for marital status could imply that he is still living...right?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Ponga said:
I don't see how they could refuse or even question the answer, because it is correct; the person is deceased.

That form only asks for the DOB, so listing married for marital status could imply that he is still living...right?
Not disputing you could use deceased.

But an attached note stating the same (and therefore including married as marital status at time of passing) couldn't be refused either. It may actually help in BG check, in theory..

That's all I am saying..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
Not disputing you could use deceased.

But an attached note stating the same (and therefore including married as marital status at time of passing) couldn't be refused either. It may actually help in BG check, in theory..

That's all I am saying..
What matters is the marital status at the time that the form is completed by the applicant, not the date of passing of the father.

Moot point really, because I suspect either one is probably ok.

Just curious how you feel that showing married would in any way facilitate the background check of this applicant?