+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Fellow Applicants,

i phoned the CIC today and ask some question regarding my plans to visit to my home country and all he says was i should look at the CIC website.. ????? Oh well and i asked how long would it take to get results from my medical submitted to CIC and i again i have to check the CIC. I thinks i just have to rely to the CIC website. Some of them are not helpful when asking specific question. :(

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
tinabenamer said:
Hi Fellow Applicants,

i phoned the CIC today and ask some question regarding my plans to visit to my home country and all he says was i should look at the CIC website.. ????? Oh well and i asked how long would it take to get results from my medical submitted to CIC and i again i have to check the CIC. I thinks i just have to rely to the CIC website. Some of them are not helpful when asking specific question. :(
Here's the official statement on CIC's website

"After a medical examination by a Panel Physician, the results are sent for review to the CIC medical office which serves your region. The CIC medical office will assess the results and send their assessment to the visa office which is processing your application.

Processing times can vary but generally:

For permanent resident applications, it normally takes three months after our medical office receives the medical examination results from the Panel Physician before we will contact you regarding the next stage of your application. This is true only if you have already complied with our other requests (e.g. to submit other documents)."

But according to the spreadsheet and the receptionist at the clinic I did my medical exam, it should be around 2 months before you hear from them again.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
As a March 2015 applicant, i have just been to see my MP to enquire about the processing irregularities.
I explained the wait time and apparent gap between processing late 2015 applicants before early 2015 applicants, and the hope that this is not as part of a soon to be coming speech about reduced processing times. Even more so at a time when accountability, transparency, honesty, and fairness are a fundamental part of the government rhetoric
When asked about my source, i explained (the awesome, informative, support group that is....) this forum and the spreadsheet full of information that others going through this process can provide to each other. Especially in relation to the government site that states 'application received March 2015 - wait 26 months'.
This was shot down, as being unreliable and unverifiable as it is not a government source of information, and that ultimately the information contained on these spreadsheets could be from a mixed bag of applicants (his words were that these late 2015 applicants could be from mainly live in care-givers).

Amid my rising frustration about his lack of empathy to what i was describing to him (i am an English language speaker, with 2 degrees - the second of which i obtained here in Canada), he proceeded to take my details and said he would look into my situation. By that i expect him to input my data in the ECAS system and report back to me the information i already know.

If so, i will be returning with the spreadsheet to ask his opinion on it.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Beans on toast - It's possible that some of the information on the spreadsheet is not accurate, people could lie and it's the internet after all so I can only speak for myself, but...

Our application is definitely a "normal" one. My husband is not a live-in caregiver at all. On top of that, we have some red flags that might lead to an interview later - we were a long distance couple for years and spent the first year of our marriage with an ocean between us while we worked on getting our application together and saved money for my husband's move. We sent our application in Sept 2015, and already have SA and AIP with a medical request.

If the government could get their act together we wouldn't need a crowd sourced spreadsheet to keep track of what they are doing. I understand the need to protect privacy, but they should be more transparent with their process at the very least. I want to know WHY so many applications are being processed early. Where is the backlog happening? I can definitely sympathize with your frustration.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
How can i add my timeline in the spreadsheet? Its locked.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
jims_89 said:
How can i add my timeline in the spreadsheet? Its locked.
The "new entry and update" tab is open for editing :) Just add your information there and someone else will transfer it over to the main spreadsheet soon.

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Waiting
dominokitty said:
The "new entry and update" tab is open for editing :) Just add your information there and someone else will transfer it over to the main spreadsheet soon.
Oh ok. Thank You so much:)

Lons

May 15, 2016
Today I completed my medical exam. I've not yet received any information about AIP / SA so now I feel a bit confused. The doctor told me today that I should notice an update on the ecas in 5-10 days and beyond that he couldn't say when I'd hear from immigration again. I've read 2 months? Does that mean I'll receive AIP in 2 months?

I wish the "standard procedure" felt more standard D: I have no idea if this is typical or not.

I'd also like to mention that I did contact CIC through their "suggestions box," like mentioned in another thread. I'm not a March 2015 - August 2015 applicant, but I can only imagine how discouraging this situation is. Hoping it's resolved swiftly!

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Waiting
November 4th applicant.

When i checked Ecas today it shows Medical Result received. I was very doubtful as my husband did his medical almost a year ago and we were preparing ourselves to redo the medical test for him again but now it shows its received, so does that mean they are not going to ask us again? Please advise.

Thanks

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
Hi all !

I saw another change on the processing times for inland sponsorship. It now says : 26 months includes assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored. Includes initial eligibility assessment (approval in principle): 16 months.

What does this mean? Do you think it applies to all ? ... even out of status people ?

THanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pacino12 said:
Hi all !

I saw another change on the processing times for inland sponsorship. It now says : 26 months includes assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored. Includes initial eligibility assessment (approval in principle): 16 months.

What does this mean? Do you think it applies to all ? ... even out of status people ?

THanks
Yes, it would apply to those without status as well.

However, if CBSA becomes aware that the applicant is in Canada without status, they can request CIC to expedite the application to reach a positive first step (AIP) within 60 days, to prevent being removed from Canada. CIC does not have to comply with the request, but a couple of people here have benefited from this, shaving many months off their processing times...much to the chagrin of other applicants I'm sure.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pacino12 said:
What is CBSA ?

PS. I do not need a Visa to be in this country. :)
Canada Border Services Agency (the folks that you encounter when you seek entry into Canada).

You mentioned those without status in your question, which is why I elaborated on my answer to your question.
Since I obviously have no idea what your status is, I used the word applicant, rather than you. ;)

bella6565

Mar 5, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I received a medical request and then a few days later SA and AIP. Is it normal to receive SA and AIP before the medical is done???