AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
wssun said:
Anyone applied in Nov 2015????? still no AOR :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
Try looking at the spreadsheet to see if anyone else around that time has or hasn't gotten their AOR.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=14

I know for some it takes a while, while others it doesn't. It may just be a matter of time. You can try to call CIC and see if they have received your application yet.

wssun

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
Med's Request
07-02-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2015
kuriositty said:
Try looking at the spreadsheet to see if anyone else around that time has or hasn't gotten their AOR.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=14

I know for some it takes a while, while others it doesn't. It may just be a matter of time. You can try to call CIC and see if they have received your application yet.
Thank you...seems like Nov.applicants just starting to receive AOR...

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hello INLAND forum friends,

I received my open work permit and AIP today, It did not happen magically in my mail box I had to stand for my rights. I contacted PM justin trudeau. CIC officer did not look into my file properply.So life_life sit back and relax and send them your update status in the mail to mississauga and through case specify inquiry 4 to 5 times atleast.Good luck

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
micky007 said:

I received my open work permit and AIP today, It did not happen magically in my mail box I had to stand for my rights. I contacted PM justin trudeau. CIC officer did not look into my file properply.So life_life sit back and relax and send them your update status in the mail to mississauga and through case specify inquiry 4 to 5 times atleast.Good luck
When did you apply?

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Hello, do you mean your OWP and AOR or you mean Approval in principal (AOR) ??? Because if you got AIP why would they send you OWP.. Happy for you either way but am Dec applicant and just trying to find out more. So did your sponsor get a SA?

quote author=micky007 link=topic=255107.msg5157185#msg5157185 date=1462317316]
Dec 18 but when I called them last month,agent told me they received my file on dec 11.I dont why he said that.

[/quote]

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
It seems there are 2 AIPS, and 1 DM from Sept. 2015 now. None at all from Apr, May, June, July, or August, 2015. Interesting stuff.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
how long until the first e-mail comes from CIC when PR has been applied for but haven't heard anything back at all?

what is the current average wait time before hearing absolutely anything back from CIC that they received the application?

prmonty

May 4, 2016
Hello all! This is actually my first time ever writing on this forum. I've got many many tips on the application from this forum, and wanted to share my story.

I am a September 2015 applicant, and I think I got the SA, AIP, DM all together yesterday (May 03). I was not expecting it so soon (not that I am not grateful for it), but it was a very big surprise. I am pregnant and in need of a health insurance. I did not notify CIC of my pregnancy though.

My husband got an email from CIC with a letter attachment, which said
"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in CanadaClass you submitted to this office on behalf of _________________ and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly." (And I believe it is the SA letter..?)

And about 30 minutes later, I got an email from CIC with another letter saying:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
(From what I have been looking on internet, I believe it is an AIP and DM at the same time..???)

In case if anyone wants to know, here is my timeline:
- Application sent some time in June (sent with medical and police check)
- The WHOLE application was returned in August due to missing signature on Schedule A form.
- Signed the form and sent it with my renewed study permit : some time in early September (The study permit that was sent with the original application was expiring, and I got it extended to a new one. So I sent the renewed study permit when I resent the application to CIC).
- Application received by CIC on Sept 16, 2015
- AOR for sponsor: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ requested: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ approved: End of Feb, 2016
- "Medical results have been received" on eCAS some time in mid-March.
- SA, AIP, DM: May 03, 2016.

I am a little confused that I was never asked to resubmit the medical results or police check and not even the finger prints. I hope everything is going alright.. And one more thing! The eCAS is still saying the the sponsorship application is IN PROCESS and PR application status still says "application received". I just hope the status has not been updated yet on eCAS.

By the way, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the Montreal VO to contact the applicants? And what is the next step? an interview?

Thanks a lot!

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Congratulations!

It was processed faster since you had an CSQ. Probably, it has been approved under the CSQ category instead of Family Class?

Just trying to understand the reasons and relate them to other applicants.

prmonty said:
Hello all! Thisz is actually my first time ever writing on this forum. I've got many many tips on the application from this forum, and wanted to share my story.

I am a September 2015 applicant, and I think I got the SA, AIP, DM all together yesterday (May 03). I was not expecting it so soon (not that I am not grateful for it), but it was a very big surprise. I am pregnant and in need of a health insurance. I did not notify CIC of my pregnancy though.

My husband got an email from CIC with a letter attachment, which said
"This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in CanadaClass you submitted to this office on behalf of _________________ and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly." (And I believe it is the SA letter..?)

And about 30 minutes later, I got an email from CIC with another letter saying:
"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application"
(From what I have been looking on internet, I believe it is an AIP and DM at the same time..???)

In case if anyone wants to know, here is my timeline:
- Application sent some time in June (sent with medical and police check)
- The WHOLE application was returned in August due to missing signature on Schedule A form.
- Signed the form and sent it with my renewed study permit : some time in early September (The study permit that was sent with the original application was expiring, and I got it extended to a new one. So I sent the renewed study permit when I resent the application to CIC).
- Application received by CIC on Sept 16, 2015
- AOR for sponsor: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ requested: Dec 18, 2015
- CSQ approved: End of Feb, 2016
- "Medical results have been received" on eCAS some time in mid-March.
- SA, AIP, DM: May 03, 2016.

I am a little confused that I was never asked to resubmit the medical results or police check and not even the finger prints. I hope everything is going alright.. And one more thing! The eCAS is still saying the the sponsorship application is IN PROCESS and PR application status still says "application received". I just hope the status has not been updated yet on eCAS.

By the way, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the Montreal VO to contact the applicants? And what is the next step? an interview?

Thanks a lot!

Sanchari

Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Request
21-02-2017
Hi.. This is just an update.. I applied my sponsorship file on January 06, 2016 and received my OWP yesterday (issued on April 25, 2016).. I haven't received any AOR from them as yet.. Hopefully soon.. Also, do I need to bring along my job letter to get my health card or just the new work permit is enough?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
micky007 said:

when did u apply and when was your application received? i am also going through the same situation n my OWP is not stll received n am out of status now.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
The following link pertains to outland applications. Hoping that even the inland applications get processed faster too!

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ircc-update-spousalcommonlaw-sponsorship-processing-times-12-months-applicants-057930.html

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
;D Successfully landed yesterday so happy!.

3 months untill the PR card arrives according to CIC.

Question, Can I re-enter canada with the paper they gave me that says "Confirmation of Permanent Resident", ie, I would not need a VISA?

Edit: Guide says that confirmation of permanent resident can be used if travelled by car.