Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Hi vinotintazo,

So you got SA and AIP at landing interview?.What questions were you asked there at Landing Interview.I believe its in Etibicoke?.With yo reglulations of waiving conditional PR.Did you get conditional PR as with no kids or?.

I am applied April 2015.I have been asked some docs and got Medical request on 27th April 2016 but didnt get SA OR AIP so.

Patricija

Jan 27, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2015
AOR Received.
August 15 2015
Hello, everybody. I am June 12th 2015 applicant. I have ordered GCMS notes on March 15 2016 and still haven't received anything. I know it says online that it can take around 30 days (not sure if that means 30 business days or calendar days), but it has been more than that now.. Anybody else experiencing delays with GCMS notes?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
zhuerma said:
You won't have your OWP file number until your OWP app is completed and fully paid, so for your case, you'll never get it because your app is short of $100.

Actually since your OWP app is associated with your PR app, so if you send your request with your PR app file number then the officer can easily locate your OWP app.

If you don't send the $100 right away, your OWP will highly likely be returned in a few days (CIC is processing December OWP cases now according to the posts these days), then you'll have such problems:
1. You will be out of status, you need to restore your status (extra $ and time).
2. After you submit a new OWP app, you have to wait another 3~5 months.

But if you try my suggestion, these 2 problems may be avoided.

Of course it's up to you taking actions or not, by all means I want my adivce to be helpful and I always wish you good luck.
I called cic last week and asked them about the OWP they said they need something to prove that I was on status at the time when my application was received. I hAve sent my visa copy n 100$ 'reiept along with that they gave me the client Id for my OWP.

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
Too surprised and Happy to recieve AIP today a am September 2015 applicant.I just got my OWP last week never even thought that good news will come this soon. They asked for medical last week so i got it done today. Only thing they asked for with AIP is fingerprint check which I'm going to get done tomorrow.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Congrats to you!!

That is such a skip. Does really say AIP? Did your sponsor get SA? It is just very strange hence the questions.

gill1770 said:
Too surprised and Happy to recieve AIP today a am September 2015 applicant.I just got my OWP last week never even thought that good news will come this soon. They asked for medical last week so i got it done today. Only thing they asked for with AIP is fingerprint check which I'm going to get done tomorrow.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
unless it is a technical know who situation (where this person knows someone in cic) there is no such thing as expedited with CIC. It just doesn't make much sense to me that they could skip all the way to September. Is this person sure it is AIP or AOR?? I mean happy for them :)!! I am a Dec applicant , already have my OWP this gives me hope but still it is hard to believe it is an AIP. That would be such a huge skip.

sawadee-eh said:
Whoa... on the spreadsheet someone "KKee" is a Sept. 2015 applicant and got AIP April 2016?!?! I thought it may have been a CBSA expedited case due to being out of status or something, but they got OWP in Jan. 2016 so they had to have status. The next most recent AIP is from a March. 2015 applicant. Not sure how their application jumped so so far ahead of the queue. Super weird!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angiebaks said:
unless it is a technical know who situation (where this person knows someone in cic) there is no such thing as expedited with CIC. It just doesn't make much sense to me that they could skip all the way to September. Is this person sure it is AIP or AOR?? I mean happy for them :)!! I am a Dec applicant , already have my OWP this gives me hope but still it is hard to believe it is an AIP. That would be such a huge skip.
Yes, CBSA can `request' CIC to expedite the process to reach first stage approval (AIP) within 60 days, for someone that is out of status. There have been a few people here that benefited greatly from such a request! No idea how CBSA determines which applicants to request this from CIC.

It's also worth mentioning that it is only a request from CBSA and if CIC refuses, the applicant is usually in a bit of a pickle.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
hmm that's strange that means being out of status is better because you get to try your luck with CBSA and maybe get PR faster. This is news to me.

Ponga said:
Yes, CBSA can `request' CIC to expedite the process to reach first stage approval (AIP) within 60 days, for someone that is out of status. There have been a few people here that benefited greatly from such a request! No idea how CBSA determines which applicants to request this from CIC.

It's also worth mentioning that it is only a request from CBSA and if CIC refuses, the applicant is usually in a bit of a pickle.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
But one person stated that they had just recieved there OWP not too long ago and the AIP.

Ponga said:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Angiebaks said:
But one person stated that they had just recieved there OWP not too long ago and the AIP.
But that person was never out of status, so it's a moot point.

Angiebaks

Jan 30, 2016
Anyways it's CIC no surprise. for example i received my OWP before some September and October applicants yet i was a mid Dec applicant so with CIC anything is very possible.
Ponga said:
But that person was never out of status, so it's a moot point.

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
sophieee said:
I'd like to welcome all future 2015 inland applicants!:)
Although it's still 2014, you can join this thread if you are planning to file an inland app in 2015, you can share your questions and concerns.

A couple things to start:
Know that you can apply outland even if you are in Canada. Check the processing time in the appropriate thread, it can be much shorter than what CIC states on the website.
If you apply inland, consider to send an application for OWP, which gives you implied status during the process (only if you have valid status at the time that CIC receives your Inland application and OWP).
Read more tips here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.5g92pl60a1z2

Wish you a smooth and fast process in 2015!:)
Hello,

I'm a March 2015 applicant. I have only received email from CIC that they have received my application nothing else. My sponsors ecas shows the CIC has started the processing on may 12, 2015 while mine shows only my application has received on 18 March 2015. Except the email I haven't heard anything from CIC.
When can I expect to hear from CIC?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Congratulations! That was pretty fast! Dunno if this heralds the reduction in processing times as promised by the Liberals.
gill1770 said:

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Skykiran said:
Hi vinotintazo,

So you got SA and AIP at landing interview?.What questions were you asked there at Landing Interview.I believe its in Etibicoke?.With yo reglulations of waiving conditional PR.Did you get conditional PR as with no kids or?.

I am applied April 2015.I have been asked some docs and got Medical request on 27th April 2016 but didnt get SA OR AIP so.
Havent landed yet, will do it today.

I sent everything up front, to speed up process, when they requested documents (some forms had typos) it was my fault, and it happened twice on the same form, the problem is they dont tell you where the typo was, so if you have more than 1 this will happen. So you gotta check the whole form like 5 times :'(

SA. AIP, DM can happen on the same day if you send everything up front, and you dont owe any fees (pay everything when you send the app).

they happen via email in my case.

Frequent questions are on the Guide posted on first post.

Typical questions at the landing interview:

To the sponsor:
Are you still married / in a common-law relationship?
Do you understand the commitment of the sponsorship?
Do you still want to sponsor your partner?

To the applicant:

Have you committed any crimes in or outside Canada or had any problems with the law?
Have you ever been refused entry or been deported from Canada or any other country?
Do you have any depends in or outside Canada?
When was your first and last entry to Canada?

goo.gl/yPWcrr

kuriositty

Mar 4, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2015
AOR Received.
June 13, 2015 [OWP 7/15/2015]
Med's Request
May 5, 2016
Med's Done....
May 19, 2016
Sofiee,

I wanted to update the spreadsheet. I have moved from the Niagara Region to Calgary, Alberta.

Thanks.