+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
lighty_j said:
I will try to answer some of the questions. Firstly, it can take up to 120 days after the request when they get back to you eventually... It all depends on many factors, like your officer, medical (when were submitted and any additional tests are required). Secondly, the DM can come either by email, or mail. I received mine by email, however everything else was by mail...and they used my old email address, which is marked "expired" on my GCSM notes...weird...Lastly, DM letter will not have information regarding the date of your interview, only the landing office. The landing letter will come later and the waiting time depends o the location of the landing centre.
Thanks a lot lighty_j. So the waiting starts again!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Ponga said:
Citizenship applications, not PR Sponsorship applications. ;)
Lol i know. Just sending info how the current process works inside CPC :D ;)

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Here's a question I'll put out there for whoever would like to answer it. Why is it that CIC website shows 26 Months total processing time for an Inland application, however many, many people (according to the spreadsheet) have a 14 - 15 month wait. For example, the 2015-16 spreadsheet currently has a 409 day average from app received to AIP (Based on 33 people so far). Is CIC website the absolute worst case scenario timeline, and even their average is much lower?

On a related note, I would like to to medical before they ask, what does everyone suggest a good timeline to do it? I'm thinking 4 months prior to the current 'average' AIP for my application. Does that sound reasonable to others?

Glen

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
GlenL said:
Here's a question I'll put out there for whoever would like to answer it. Why is it that CIC website shows 26 Months total processing time for an Inland application, however many, many people (according to the spreadsheet) have a 14 - 15 month wait. For example, the 2015-16 spreadsheet currently has a 409 day average from app received to AIP (Based on 33 people so far). Is CIC website the absolute worst case scenario timeline, and even their average is much lower?

On a related note, I would like to to medical before they ask, what does everyone suggest a good timeline to do it? I'm thinking 4 months prior to the current 'average' AIP for my application. Does that sound reasonable to others?

Glen
My SO and I are geeks and copied all the spreadsheet data into a graph and 26 months seems to be the worst case scenario. On the spreadsheet there was only one or two people who had that. I guess they have to put what the worst time could be!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hi There,
I submitted my PR application along with my pen work permit application on August 30th 2015 it was received on December 9th and I received my file number on January 9th. I was on visit and my status got expired on march 23rd 2016. it was said that I will receive an open work permit on 3-4 months and I haven't received any yet. I called CICF last week and enquired they said you should have received your open work permit before your status got expired they said they will look on my application and let me know what happened on that.

Is there anybody who can advice me in this case.

Thank you....

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Hi There,
I submitted my PR application along with my pen work permit application on August 30th 2015 it was received on December 9th and I received my file number on January 9th. I was on visit and my status got expired on march 23rd 2016. it was said that I will receive an open work permit on 3-4 months and I haven't received any yet. I called CICF last week and enquired they said you should have received your open work permit before your status got expired they said they will look on my application and let me know what happened on that.

Thank you....
[/quote
It's been 8 months since you sent it and you still haven't got your OWP?! Contact your local MP.

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Hi There,

Thank you....
I think you need to very quickly send in for visitor status as well, so you don't get declined OWP because you're now not "in status".

Skinner

Apr 18, 2016
Hello guys! I'm just a bit concern about not receiving any emails from CIC. We applied Dec 2015, my husband received an email on Feb 2016 that he is eligible to sponsor me and I received my OWP April 2016 in our mail. Now, my question is why I didn't receive an AOR letter by email or mail? (Btw, I put my email address in my application) Is this something I should be worry about? Thanks! :D

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
GlenL said:
I think you need to very quickly send in for visitor status as well, so you don't get declined OWP because you're now not "in status".
so you are telling that my OWP might be declined since am out of status now? Is there any way that i will come to know that?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
km9203 said:
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Hi There,

Thank you....
[/quote
It's been 8 months since you sent it and you still haven't got your OWP?! Contact your local MP.
if i contact the local MP how is that gonna help?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Skinner said:
Hello guys! I'm just a bit concern about not receiving any emails from CIC. We applied Dec 2015, my husband received an email on Feb 2016 that he is eligible to sponsor me and I received my OWP April 2016 in our mail. Now, my question is why I didn't receive an AOR letter by email or mail? (Btw, I put my email address in my application) Is this something I should be worry about? Thanks! :D
how it took for you to get OWP? when did u get the file number? i have applied n i never received my OWP.... did u contact cic for OWP in between?

Skinner

Apr 18, 2016
Skinner said:
I just checked with my husband, I got it all wrong, sorry. So the email he received is the AOR letter. But it still bugs me that I don't receive anything on my email and might miss important notice. Or will my husband receive all the emails regarding our application? Thanks!

Skinner

Apr 18, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
how it took for you to get OWP? when did u get the file number? i have applied n i never received my OWP.... did u contact cic for OWP in between?
I included my OWP application with our inland spousal application. We submit our application on December 2015 and got our AOR on February 2016. We didn't bother to call them, we just wait and got my OWP on April 2016. If you're waiting for over 6 months now, you should phone them and ask.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Hi There,

Thank you....
If you sent the Inland application on August 30, 201, why did it take so long for CIC to receive it? Did you send it with some sort of delivery confirmation (please say yes)?

This is a problem because:

Your legal status expired March 23, but you are still covered under Implied status if you have proof that CIC has received your OWP and that it is not being returned, due to an error on your part. This `error' is usually an underpayment of the fee. The full and correct amount is $255 ($155 + $100 for the permit holder fee). Many people fail to include the $100 fee, so they have their OWP returned.

jonwv

Oct 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Hi guys, I am Feb 2015 applicant and I received this letter from CIC just now(shortly following Medical received)
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
Just wondering if this is a DM or AIP?

This happened a lot sooner than I expected. Thanks everyone here for the invaluable helps! especially Sophie! I have gained a lot from your posts and the google documents that you created.

-Jon