Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Blossom318 said:
I was just wondering what SA, AIP and DM looks like when they email you. Also does it show up on ECAS right away?
the email formats are in the guide, provided in the signature.

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for my spouse inland sponsorship through Quebec in October and I just received an email of AOR saying that the docs have been received on Oct,27, 2015.
Does any one have any ideas how long after getting AOR we will be asked to apply for Quebec CSQ? In general I want to know if we should take any actions for the CSQ or CIC will ask us to apply for it when necessary?

Thanks a lot

bella6565

Mar 5, 2016
Hi everybody,
I'm an Oct.2015 applicant. FINALLY received my AOR. How can I check the status of my application now?

Thanks and good luck to everyone !

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
bella6565 said:
Hi everybody,
I'm an Oct.2015 applicant. FINALLY received my AOR. How can I check the status of my application now?

Thanks and good luck to everyone !
Hi Bella,
I am an October applicant too and just got the AOR. You should check it on "check status in CIC" website. But I could not see anything eaither because I think they update checking status each Tuesday!

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Hi there, does anyone noticed that on the spreadsheet, applications submitted between Oct. and Nov. 15 were stagnated partially b/c of the Syrian Refugee? CIC needed more staff to deal with their applications in priority. However, after that, CIC didn't continue with OCT. and NOV. applications, but turned to new applications!! Applications made in these two months were largely being put aside and ignored. They began to deal with applications sent in Dec., Jan, and till Mid-Feb. Most people who sent in their applications between this time interval got approved real fast. THIS IS UNFAIR!!! Why those people who applied later on were approved quicker than those who sent their applications earlier. This is really hard to understand.

I submitted my application in late Nov, and it was delivered on Nov. 20 by Canada Post. If I would know the situation in advance, I'd rather wait another 10-15 days to send in my application, instead of waiting for up to 5 months to hear for nothing yet...I'm almost freaked out when I saw the spreadsheet today.

It seems that NOW they might be starting working with applications back to Oct. last year.

I can't believe that now for applicants who applied last fall, it takes up to 6 months to get the File number, and that's only the beginning of the story. Another 26 months is on the way... Shocked

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
angora said:
Hi there, does anyone noticed that on the spreadsheet, applications submitted between Oct. and Nov. 15 were stagnated partially b/c of the Syrian Refugee? CIC needed more staff to deal with their applications in priority. However, after that, CIC didn't continue with OCT. and NOV. applications, but turned to new applications!! Applications made in these two months were largely being put aside and ignored. They began to deal with applications sent in Dec., Jan, and till Mid-Feb. Most people who sent in their applications between this time interval got approved real fast. THIS IS UNFAIR!!! Why those people who applied later on were approved quicker than those who sent their applications earlier. This is really hard to understand.

I submitted my application in late Nov, and it was delivered on Nov. 20 by Canada Post. If I would know the situation in advance, I'd rather wait another 10-15 days to send in my application, instead of waiting for up to 5 months to hear for nothing yet...I'm almost freaked out when I saw the spreadsheet today.

It seems that NOW they might be starting working with applications back to Oct. last year.

I can't believe that now for applicants who applied last fall, it takes up to 6 months to get the File number, and that's only the beginning of the story. Another 26 months is on the way... Shocked
I think you mean Oct and Nov 2014 inland apps? As they are now working on Jan-Feb 2015 apps. I noticed that too. Who knows how CIC works.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
angora said:

this is horrible, I hope that there are strong complaints being sent to the immigration minister about these unacceptable waits

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
kimiz said:
Hello All,

I have applied for my spouse inland sponsorship through Quebec in October and I just received an email of AOR saying that the docs have been received on Oct,27, 2015.
Does any one have any ideas how long after getting AOR we will be asked to apply for Quebec CSQ? In general I want to know if we should take any actions for the CSQ or CIC will ask us to apply for it when necessary?

Thanks a lot
Hi there,

My application was received July 31, 2015. I'm also in Quebec. I have not yet been asked to apply for the CSQ. I did ring earlier this year and they told me that I will receive a letter to apply at some point and that I just need to wait. There is nothing you can do before that, as I believe you need to enter a number which will be on the magic letter! I have seen that some people on this forum received their letter with their AOR, and others who have waited much longer. Unfortunately I think it is a case of waiting, and not stressing out as I'm not sure of the logic with this system! If you are not aware: when you receive you open work permit with the code 27 - you will be eligible to take free French classes. I only knew about that from this forum. You can find out more about that from the Learning French in Quebec page of the Immigration site - if you need them!

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
KirstyCanada said:
Hi there,

My application was received July 31, 2015. I'm also in Quebec. I have not yet been asked to apply for the CSQ. I did ring earlier this year and they told me that I will receive a letter to apply at some point and that I just need to wait. There is nothing you can do before that, as I believe you need to enter a number which will be on the magic letter! I have seen that some people on this forum received their letter with their AOR, and others who have waited much longer. Unfortunately I think it is a case of waiting, and not stressing out as I'm not sure of the logic with this system! If you are not aware: when you receive you open work permit with the code 27 - you will be eligible to take free French classes. I only knew about that from this forum. You can find out more about that from the Learning French in Quebec page of the Immigration site - if you need them!
Hi Kristy, thanks a lot for your helpful information. So you mean the letter for CSQ demand will be posted through mail and not email? Do you know if CSQ demand comes before approving the sponsor or after? I did not find a logic from the dates in the thread for Quebec applicants.
Also could you let me know when my husband will get open work permit (actually he is an international student at Mcgill)? You know I am a little confused about the order of communications.
I hope you get some news very soon.

Good luck to you

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
angora said:

Hello there,
I had applied on October 2015 and yesterday I finally got the AOR.
I agree with you that it is not fair but what can we do?! The only good news I have for you is that on my AOR the data mentioned is October 27th which is actually the same day they received my documents. So it may be probable that they just sent the email late.
In general I think you'd better not think about it too much and hope for the better to come.

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
Hello everyone!

I got my SA and AIP emails on April 6, 2016 asking for the medical exam/tests. The medical results were sent yesterday by the doctor's office to CIC. I also sent the medical receipt,AIP and RPRF receipt yesterday via email to CIC on the email address they mentioned on AIP, and also mailed those three things to them today by Canada Post. I just wanted to know how long would it take them to make the decision now? From the spreadsheet it seems it takes 2 or 3 months? But then I don't know when the medical results were submitted by those people. If anybody can share their experience, that would be great!

Also, does the DM letter come in an email or regular mail? Does it have the date and venue for landing or does someone contact you after that? How long does that take and is that by phone/email/mail?

I know that's a lot of question but would appreciate if someone can answer them :)

Thank you very much!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Recent news on processing times:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/why-my-citizenship-application-taking-forever

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
ZAG said:
Hello everyone!

I got my SA and AIP emails on April 6, 2016 asking for the medical exam/tests. The medical results were sent yesterday by the doctor's office to CIC. I also sent the medical receipt,AIP and RPRF receipt yesterday via email to CIC on the email address they mentioned on AIP, and also mailed those three things to them today by Canada Post. I just wanted to know how long would it take them to make the decision now? From the spreadsheet it seems it takes 2 or 3 months? But then I don't know when the medical results were submitted by those people. If anybody can share their experience, that would be great!

Also, does the DM letter come in an email or regular mail? Does it have the date and venue for landing or does someone contact you after that? How long does that take and is that by phone/email/mail?

I know that's a lot of question but would appreciate if someone can answer them :)

Thank you very much!

I will try to answer some of the questions. Firstly, it can take up to 120 days after the request when they get back to you eventually... It all depends on many factors, like your officer, medical (when were submitted and any additional tests are required). Secondly, the DM can come either by email, or mail. I received mine by email, however everything else was by mail...and they used my old email address, which is marked "expired" on my GCSM notes...weird...Lastly, DM letter will not have information regarding the date of your interview, only the landing office. The landing letter will come later and the waiting time depends o the location of the landing centre.