+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Mary H

Apr 7, 2016
zhuerma said:
I check the spreadsheet almost everyday.
Apparently some of the October & November applications have got stucked, no AOR, no OWP.

I've called the agent last week but was told they still working on September apps :eek: so nothing they can tell me.
I know there are a lot of December & Janurary cases got their AOR and OWP, but saying this wouldn't help any.
We got stucked, we got bad luck, that's it!

Another positive hint is, I've submitted a case specific enquiry, on Feb 25, to CIC regarding my insufficient payment on OWP. I got an email from Mississauga just this Monday, asking for my receipt information to locate my case (both receipts for PR & OWP), I've replied them right away and I'd consider this a sign that they're opening my files.

I'm Nov 16 case btw.
Thanks guys! To clarify, I received OWP in early March, so I thought they've opened my file right? But no AOR, and I cannot find my status on ecas with my UCI on the work permit.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
HonJohnMcCallum announced that conditional PR for spouses has ended at the national immigration law conference! yet again no evidence that the regulations amended. Unsure of effectivity date.

mattster26

Nov 24, 2015
Ok, so I received my AOR as sponsor on April 6, and my wife received her "In order to continue processing your application, further information is required" notice regarding her IMM5669 form - Schedule A background declaration on Apr 5.

They now want her to provide information regarding her from 2015/10 - present (we applied Oct 15 2015).

So what are we supposed to write in the boxes? Current date? I am afraid that they will return it again in later on in the year and ask for information from 2015/04 - Present. Or should we just write "Present" in the box? ...it won't really fit...

Can anyone help us out?

9symmerty

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Med's Request
February 2017
Med's Done....
February 2017
Passport Req..
May 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 2 2017
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
pedropil said:
HonJohnMcCallum announced that conditional PR for spouses has ended at the national immigration law conference! yet again no evidence that the regulations amended. Unsure of effectivity date.
U have a link?

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
I've got it from the immigration lawyer roy kellog twitter account

https://twitter.com/cvimmigration/status/718735050972356608

Faolchu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
I sent in my FAM PR application on December 22 2015, received my OWP Thursday April 07.
The OWP is dated April 1st.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Faolchu said:
I sent in my FAM PR application on December 22 2015, received my OWP Thursday April 07.
The OWP is dated April 1st.

wow congrats!! were still waiting :((

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Update for the spreadsheet here:
Applied Oct 2nd, 2015
OWP approved April 1st, 2016
OWP received in mail April 7th, 2016
AOR by email April 2nd, 2016

Just in case this helps someone, I did travel back to the US a few weeks ago. I was feeling sick and it was much cheaper to get treatment in the states (especially since my work permit wasn't approved back then/no Canadian insurance). Luckily it did get approved during my trip which is why I came back to Canada soon after. The border agent looked at my work permit approval email from my MP, my AOR email, and my passport. He had trouble believing that I had stayed in Canada since June 2015 without working but I explained that I had money saved up and supported myself and would have a work permit in the mail soon. He asked why I left Canada for a week and I told him that I was sick and didn't have insurance in Canada yet, and he was really nice about it and said he understood. My passport was stamped for 6 months but he said once I get the OWP in the mail, that document will take precedence and I will have worker status instead. Overall no issues coming back, however it did take the agent about half an hour to look up the OWP pilot program since he had never heard of it and I think he thought I was making it up...

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
omg so happy! just received an email that my sponsor app was approved (AIP), my wife got an email saing that the app was complete and she will be contacted shortly for an appointment.

:D sophie can you update the spreadsheet? thx

Bublikova

Apr 12, 2016
Hello Everybody! I`m a new person to this forum and did not find a topic about Inland Applications 2016((
I just have a question, I sent my application for pr and OWP together yesterday (11.04.16). But since I read a lot from this forum, to receive OWP usually takes 4 months. I will graduate in two weeks from college. My study visa is expiring in August 2016. So should I apply for a Post graduate work permit after graduation just in case if dont`s receive my OWP till Study Visa will expire?
Did anybody do this before?

sorry just an additional questions:
Will I be on implied status after my student visa expires in Aug 2016 because I submitted pr and owp application (11.04.16) but did not receive yet an AOR or OWP?
Should I start to be worried now if I will get a refusal for my owp and my visa will be expired? Did anyone have an experience like that?
I will be graduating in two week and I will have an official transcript from my college. Should I send this transcript to cic for my OWP app? or start a new app for Post graduate work permit and to pay the fees again?
Please help) ??? :-\

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Bublikova said:
Hello Everybody! I`m a new person to this forum and did not find a topic about Inland Applications 2016((
I just have a question, I sent my application for pr and OWP together yesterday (11.04.16). But since I read a lot from this forum, to receive OWP usually takes 4 months. I will graduate in two weeks from college. My study visa is expiring in August 2016. So should I apply for a Post graduate work permit after graduation just in case if dont`s receive my OWP till Study Visa will expire?
Did anybody do this before?

sorry just an additional questions:
Will I be on implied status after my student visa expires in Aug 2016 because I submitted pr and owp application (11.04.16) but did not receive yet an AOR or OWP?
Should I start to be worried now if I will get a refusal for my owp and my visa will be expired? Did anyone have an experience like that?
I will be graduating in two week and I will have an official transcript from my college. Should I send this transcript to cic for my OWP app? or start a new app for Post graduate work permit and to pay the fees again?
Please help) ??? :-\

Could you not apply for your PGWP and use that to work, and instead apply outland as it's much quicker to get this than an inland application which will take upto 2 years?

Bublikova

Apr 12, 2016
beans on toast said:
Could you not apply for your PGWP and use that to work, and instead apply outland as it's much quicker to get this than an inland application which will take upto 2 years?
Thank you for suggestion!

But the outland application we didn`t even considering, because we are living together with my husband for 2 years now, and we don`t want to be apart)
My husband said he will be depressed without me, as me too.
Is there any other options?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Bublikova said:
Thank you for suggestion!

But the outland application we didn`t even considering, because we are living together with my husband for 2 years now, and we don`t want to be apart)
My husband said he will be depressed without me, as me too.
Is there any other options?
I understand.
But do you know you can apply Outland from within Canada? You dont have to leave the country!

Bublikova

Apr 12, 2016
beans on toast said:
I understand.
But do you know you can apply Outland from within Canada? You dont have to leave the country!
Oh, honestly we didn't know about that! But we already sent inland app, can we change it now?
What is the difference between them (except time processing)?