Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ZAG said:
Hello everyone!

I just received an email from CIC with the AIP and a medical request. I had a few questions and would really appreciate if someone can answer them.

1. The AIP letter says all the requested documents/info and a copy of this correspondence should be submitted to them. They have given a mailing address and an email address. The medical results are supposed to reach them electronically from the doctor’s office. What am I supposed to do?

2. I didn’t pay the RPR fee with my application. The AIP letter says,

“ If you chose to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date…..If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay it asap..”

Can I pay it now or will they contact me again for that? If yes, how and whether I need to send them a receipt?

3. It says that your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. My passport expires in Dec 2016. I plan to submit the renewal application in July/August. Can that pose any problems?

4. Can I apply for OHIP now? If yes, what do I need to take Service Ontario besides a copy of the AIP letter?

Thanks a lot!
Congrats!

1. You will receive an eMedical Information Sheet from the doctor, you have to send that to CIC.
2. You can wait with the payment, but it would be better to pay it now and send the receipt with your eMed sheet.
You can send both of them in an email.
3. Most likely you will be a PR before Dec, 2016, I would wait until then with the passport update.
You cannot land without a valid passport and if you receive a new passport, first you have to update CIC. So if you would be landing shortly after you applied for a new passport, than you would have to ask CIC to delay your landing.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ZAG said:
Hello everyone!

I just received an email from CIC with the AIP and a medical request. I had a few questions and would really appreciate if someone can answer them.

1. The AIP letter says all the requested documents/info and a copy of this correspondence should be submitted to them. They have given a mailing address and an email address. The medical results are supposed to reach them electronically from the doctor’s office. What am I supposed to do?

2. I didn’t pay the RPR fee with my application. The AIP letter says,

“ If you chose to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date…..If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay it asap..”

Can I pay it now or will they contact me again for that? If yes, how and whether I need to send them a receipt?

3. It says that your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. My passport expires in Dec 2016. I plan to submit the renewal application in July/August. Can that pose any problems?

4. Can I apply for OHIP now? If yes, what do I need to take Service Ontario besides a copy of the AIP letter?

Thanks a lot!
Congrats! When did you apply?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ZAG said:
Hello everyone!

Thanks a lot!
yes, it looks like you are eligible with your AIP (this is from the service ontario website):

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;

The documentation for OHIP is extrememly strict, so make sure you have the right stuff. They will NOT accept bank statements that are printed out or stamped by the bank. IT must be a statement that is MAILED to you. this is one of the biggest issues people have, and they have to go back 2-3 times.

Go here for the list (you will need to copy and paste the entire line, for some reason it doesn't link correctly):

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, it looks like you are eligible with your AIP (this is from the service ontario website):

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;

The documentation for OHIP is extrememly strict, so make sure you have the right stuff. They will NOT accept bank statements that are printed out or stamped by the bank. IT must be a statement that is MAILED to you. this is one of the biggest issues people have, and they have to go back 2-3 times.

Go here for the list (you will need to copy and paste the entire line, for some reason it doesn't link correctly):

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf
Actually, driver's license or Ontario id will work as well as a proof of address. In this case there is no need to provide "mailed" bank statement.

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
So my wife (sponsor) got this email saying that she can sponsor me. And it said:

Les frais relatifs au droit de résidence permanente s’appliquent à votre demande Si vous avez choisi d’en reporter le paiement, on communiquera avec vous à ce sujet à une date ultérieure. Votre membre de la famille ne sera pas accordé le statut de résident permanent tant que le paiement n’a pas été effectué.
Basically saying, that the family member won't get the permanent residency until the fees were payed. I'm wondering if that's a standard sentence since we believe to have payed all the fees when we sent all the documents already in December 2014. Anyone else had this sentence in the sponsor approval?

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
sophieee said:
You have to use this form: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/forms/203fil.pdf
Just leave empty the information regarding the spouse's PHN. And make sure to send them a very detailed letter. In my experiences people at MSP are way more difficult to deal with than CIC. I'm not joking...
Thank you for reply Sophiee! I sent the papers anyway and now I realized that I will get my work benefit by the time MSP send me something(according to their website, it will takes about a month to be contacted after sending the papers). Anyway Thank you again!

KirstyCanada

Nov 26, 2015
mischbrot said:
So my wife (sponsor) got this email saying that she can sponsor me. And it said:

Basically saying, that the family member won't get the permanent residency until the fees were payed. I'm wondering if that's a standard sentence since we believe to have payed all the fees when we sent all the documents already in December 2014. Anyone else had this sentence in the sponsor approval?
Hey there. I'm not yet at that stage of the process but if you paid the full amount, then I imagine the phrase doesn't apply to you. It says IF you chose to delay your payment they will contact you at a later date about that issue, so it looks like a standard sentence.

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
Hi Everyone, I am just wondering if some from the end of October or beginning November 2015 get AOR or OWP. We sent with my wife my application on October 30 and no update at all.

We sent complete application with all fees, medical, criminal, etc. include OWP and restoration same time together and no answer at all, just wonder as in 3 days will expire 6 months previous restoration so no sure what I have to apply if no answer from previous package. I was here as skilled worker for couple years but my CEC application was refused due changes in NOC during the process :( just few weeks after our marriage in Canada even lady on CIC from call confirmed there is no issue at all :(. Base that it was refused 2nd OWP under my CEC PR application sent 2 months before refusal. We were not able to set and send spousal sponsorship package within few weeks so i lost status. My lawyer thinking to send me to borders for visitor status, but I am not sure if thats will works and how to explain officer if not AOR yet. Anyway my only one Canadian driving licence expiring soon as well. No Alberta Health care as well :(

I am from visa exempt country, but holding visa sticker with business visas in my passport valid another 1 year from times we were not visa exempt.

Any ideas?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
wendyk said:
Hi Everyone, I am just wondering if some from the end of October or beginning November 2015 get AOR or OWP. We sent with my wife my application on October 30 and no update at all.

We sent complete application with all fees, medical, criminal, etc. include OWP and restoration same time together and no answer at all, just wonder as in 3 days will expire 6 months previous restoration so no sure what I have to apply if no answer from previous package. I was here as skilled worker for couple years but my CEC application was refused due changes in NOC during the process :( just few weeks after our marriage in Canada even lady on CIC from call confirmed there is no issue at all :(. Base that it was refused 2nd OWP under my CEC PR application sent 2 months before refusal. We were not able to set and send spousal sponsorship package within few weeks so i lost status. My lawyer thinking to send me to borders for visitor status, but I am not sure if thats will works and how to explain officer if not AOR yet. Anyway my only one Canadian driving licence expiring soon as well. No Alberta Health care as well :(

I am from visa exempt country, but holding visa sticker with business visas in my passport valid another 1 year from times we were not visa exempt.

Any ideas?
Take a look at the spreadsheet and you can see who has received : ) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=0

Mary H

Apr 7, 2016
Hi everyone!
Im an October applicant, dose anyone know what happened to the October and November application? Why people applied after that date have received AOR, while we don't get any update? :-[ Thank you!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Mary H said:
Hi everyone!
Im an October applicant, dose anyone know what happened to the October and November application? Why people applied after that date have received AOR, while we don't get any update? :-[ Thank you!
Not sure what is going on! Keep checking the spreadsheet to stay up-to-date https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=0

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
wendyk said:
Mary H said:
Hi everyone!
I check the spreadsheet almost everyday.
Apparently some of the October & November applications have got stucked, no AOR, no OWP.

I've called the agent last week but was told they still working on September apps :eek: so nothing they can tell me.
I know there are a lot of December & Janurary cases got their AOR and OWP, but saying this wouldn't help any.
We got stucked, we got bad luck, that's it!

Another positive hint is, I've submitted a case specific enquiry, on Feb 25, to CIC regarding my insufficient payment on OWP. I got an email from Mississauga just this Monday, asking for my receipt information to locate my case (both receipts for PR & OWP), I've replied them right away and I'd consider this a sign that they're opening my files.

I'm Nov 16 case btw.

wendyk

Nov 21, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 30, 2015
km9203 said:
Take a look at the spreadsheet and you can see who has received : ) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=0
Thank you for sharing Spreadsheet, sounds like October and November applicants were jumped over, question is why? : :eek: :eek: