+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
pedropil said:
What do you mean? if you are going to submit your inland application it means your wife is already in Canada and she is holding/entered canada as TRV.
Yes, sorry I should make it clear. Her visa will expire Feb 2017, can she extend her TRV in case any trip to go out canada and return? Thanks!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
yangzhi861 said:
Yes, sorry I should make it clear. Her visa will expire Feb 2017, can she extend her TRV in case any trip to go out canada and return? Thanks!
when you submitted your inland application, She is already on the emplied status from TRV. Plus is she applied for Open Work permit together with inland application is more better, That's here validity of stay here. they said 2 years valid of open work permit.

Based on the comments on this forum it is not advisable to travel outside canada while you are in process or waiting the result of inland spouse application. you can check the previous post/thread on this forum for full details "Family class sponsorship.

Heres the example: Link

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/open-work-permit-travel-confusion-t61290.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-commonlaw-pr-owp-pilot-program-travelling-outside-of-canada-t265412.0.html

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chuphuc said:
Hi, everyone
My lawyer sent application for open work permit on behalf of me couple days ago and the mail is on the way to destination ( I track it online) but I have detected that she sent mail to wrong address. Instead of putting :

CPC Vegreville
6212 -55th Avenue - Unit 777

She put:
CPC Vegreville
6272 -55th Avenue - Unit 202

She put wrong stuffs for both building number and unit number. I called Canada post and the lady told me there is no way to correct this mistake. The mail is always sent to address on the envelop (Can someone confirm this ?). Now I don't know what I can do everyone. I hope that Canada post will send mail back to me because wrong address. But I also worry that because postman sees CPC Vegreville on the envelop, he will direct my mail to CPC Vegreville even the address is wrong one. If this happens, my application will go to unit 202 and I do not know what happens. Or a terrible case that somebody living in 6272 will gets my mail and trash it because it is not for him/her. Can you give some advices. My lawyer told me she would go to Canada post tomorrow to do balalalaalalaa but I will not trust whatever she says anymore. A lot mistakes she made already and this will be the last time I use her service. I will solve this problem by myself. Thank you so much.
When does your current status expire? If you have some time till then, you can wait and see what happens with your letter. If you receive it back, you can just simply send it to the right address, and you lost "only" a couple weeks. If it will be delivered, than I don't know... You can send a case specific enquire to CIC, or contact your MP and ask them to contact CIC.
Let us know what happens with the letter.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
bm2015 said:
Hello all,
I applied for PR under spousal inland category and my husband sponsored me. My application was received but sponsor approval has not been done yet. I want to apply for open work permit. I already have an open work permit that's about to expire. Now I'm confused about which one to use for open work permit application IMM5708 or IMM5710???? COuld you please help??
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.pc9y7jm7ysay

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
yangzhi861 said:
My wife is going to summit her inland application. can she apply for a TRV while her application is in progress? Can anyone help? Thanks!
Yes, she can, but even if she has an OWP and a multiple entry visa, it still doesn't guarantee reentry.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
sophieee said:
When does your current status expire? If you have some time till then, you can wait and see what happens with your letter. If you receive it back, you can just simply send it to the right address, and you lost "only" a couple weeks. If it will be delivered, than I don't know... You can send a case specific enquire to CIC, or contact your MP and ask them to contact CIC.
Let us know what happens with the letter.
My status expired last month but in February, I sent application for stay extension online already. It is still under processing and the result will be made by May according to current timeline.

My letter was received by a guy named Chase Bryan yesterday but I cannot tell he is CIC officer or someone else named Chase Bryan living in 6272 - 55th Avenue. Do you see this name is familiar to you ?

In the case I don't get my letter back, I want to re-send new whole application with new fee of $255. This time, I will do by myself and have a letter explaining what happened and the reason I have to resend this application.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chuphuc said:
My status expired last month but in February, I sent application for stay extension online already. My letter was received by a guy named Chase Bryan 2 days ago but I cannot tell he is CIC officer or someone else named Chase Bryan lived in 6272 - 55th Avenue. Do you see this name is familiar to you ?

In the case I don't get my letter back, I want to re-send new whole application. This time, I will do by myself and have a letter explaining what happened and the reason I have to resend this application.
If you look at the place on google maps, there is nothing but green fields where 6712 - 55th Avenue should be, CIC's building is the only one that is relatively close to this location. I think it is safe to assume that it was delivered to the right building. I'm sure that your lawyer included a cover letter in which they gave detailed information about you, so as soon as they receive it at unit 202, they will figure out that it's not the right place to process and they will pass it on to unit 777.
I understand that you are frustrated, your lawyer should have know better (or be more accurate), but I think your application will be okay.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
sophieee said:
If you look at the place on google maps, there is nothing but green fields where 6712 - 55th Avenue should be, CIC's building is the only one that is relatively close to this location. I think it is safe to assume that it was delivered to the right building. I'm sure that your lawyer included a cover letter in which they gave detailed information about you, so as soon as they receive it at unit 202, they will figure out that it's not the right place to process and they will pass it on to unit 777.
I understand that you are frustrated, your lawyer should have know better (or be more accurate), but I think your application will be okay.
I also google map when I detected the trouble. However, it is google map 2012. 4 years already and maybe a building has been built at 6272. But I also think it goes to right building, just I am not sure 100%. Thank you Sophieee, you spent your time for google map for me :) I really appreciate it.

I think I need to send case specific enquire and based on that, I will decide what I am going next. I still prefer to send another application because I do not trust that lawyer any more. She may pay insufficient fee, for example.

Ay Ne

Jan 14, 2016
I just called call centre to see if there is any progress on my Open work permit because I'm September 8th applicant..
And I almost gave my hopes up since I was waiting for it almost 7 months...
An Agent told me today that my work permit was approved 2 hrs ago and I just need wait for it to come through my mail box..
I Hope everybody gets theirs soon! Stay positive:)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ay Ne said:
I just called call centre to see if there is any progress on my Open work permit because I'm September 8th applicant..
And I almost gave my hopes up since I was waiting for it almost 7 months...
An Agent told me today that my work permit was approved 2 hrs ago and I just need wait for it to come through my mail box..
I Hope everybody gets theirs soon! Stay positive:)
Wow...That was either a blatant lie, or an uncanny coincidence.

Hope you do receive it within the next couple of weeks. :)

Ay Ne

Jan 14, 2016
Ponga said:
Wow...That was either a blatant lie, or an uncanny coincidence.

Hope you do receive it within the next couple of weeks. :)
Thank you.. I do hope so, she said something about 5-8 days business days Canada post..
It's weird isn't it.. They kept saying they couldn't locate my file. "You have to wait 90 days for Visa office to respond to a note, there's nothing you can do". I was on implied status + laid off too since September so it was just stressful.
I just wanna know why it took 7 months lol

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
Called CIC last week and they said that my second OWP application is in the system received on 28 dec(first one was returned because of missing $100 reciept) and is in process not sure if they still can return it back because of outdated form but I'm relieved a bit to know they its in the system. Fingers crossed i won't have to apply for restoration of status as i only have until 22nd april to do it. I'm going to call them again next week and if it won't be processed ill apply for restoration.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys,

When im paying my OWP online. Processing fee. This 2 are my choices

Work Permit (including extensions) – Maximum of $465 for group of 3 or more entertainers applying at the same time and place - 1 $155

Open Work Permit Holder fee - 1 $100

Total $255

is that correct?

thank you

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
pedropil said:
Guys,

When im paying my OWP online. Processing fee. This 2 are my choices

Work Permit (including extensions) – Maximum of $465 for group of 3 or more entertainers applying at the same time and place - 1 $155

Open Work Permit Holder fee - 1 $100

Total $255

is that correct?

thank you
Yes, the total fee of $255 is correct.

ZAG

Oct 26, 2015
Hello everyone!

I just received an email from CIC with the AIP and a medical request. I had a few questions and would really appreciate if someone can answer them.

1. The AIP letter says all the requested documents/info and a copy of this correspondence should be submitted to them. They have given a mailing address and an email address. The medical results are supposed to reach them electronically from the doctor’s office. What am I supposed to do?

2. I didn’t pay the RPR fee with my application. The AIP letter says,

“ If you chose to defer payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date…..If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay it asap..”

Can I pay it now or will they contact me again for that? If yes, how and whether I need to send them a receipt?

3. It says that your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. My passport expires in Dec 2016. I plan to submit the renewal application in July/August. Can that pose any problems?

4. Can I apply for OHIP now? If yes, what do I need to take Service Ontario besides a copy of the AIP letter?

Thanks a lot!