+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Archenemy

Sep 14, 2015
vaibhavxv said:
Do it as soon as possible just before you apply for PR. If you have already received medical request, take the printout of email from cic/visa office to the panel doctor. Some doctors ask for 2 or 4 photos, but most of the doctors have emedical service. i.e. they take ur photo at the clinic itself. Don't forget to take ur primary identity proof (generally passport). Ask them if they need any additional docs.
Thanks a lot Vaibhavxv! I have already applied in Sep 2015 so I guess I should do my medical examination now and send the medical report to CIC as soon as possible? CIC did not ask for the medical examination yet.

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Archenemy said:
Thanks a lot Vaibhavxv! I have already applied in Sep 2015 so I guess I should do my medical examination now and send the medical report to CIC as soon as possible? CIC did not ask for the medical examination yet.
Yes, sending it sooner than when they ask for it is always better, as you don't loose precious time waiting. Because it easily takes 3-4 weeks for the process (1-2 weeks to get appointment, unless u go to a walkin clinic and another 2 weeks for doctor to uload ur document)

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
bella6565 said:
Yes he is from India but has been living in Canada for the past 4 years, how do I apply online for a multiple entry work permit visa?
hello bella,
Just copy and paste this link in URL and you will find out.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

thanks

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
erwinjohn997 said:
another case. someone who sent his OWP and according to him the agent told that they receive their OWP application on November 30 haha tho he receive his OWP already. yes according to the agent I should call back on the 5th of April but I will call them next Monday to check again the status.
Holy cow is this true man?When he applied and when he received his open work permit?That makes me laugh,what the heck is going on?
I am eagerly waiting for my 2 years open work permit.I hope we get is this before 15 april.When did you apply again?Is it 3rd december?

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Good news!

Oct 2nd applicant here. My MP emailed me back this morning saying my work permit has been approved! He even included info from CIC like my OWP number, application number for PR, and UCI number. I honestly didn't think the MP would be this helpful but he really went above and beyond. I still have not been given a reason why the OWP application took an extra two months to process (6 months total).

Now I just have to wait for the work permit to come in the mail. Yay!

micky007

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
crystallps said:
Good news!

Oct 2nd applicant here. My MP emailed me back this morning saying my work permit has been approved! He even included info from CIC like my OWP number, application number for PR, and UCI number. I honestly didn't think the MP would be this helpful but he really went above and beyond. I still have not been given a reason why the OWP application took an extra two months to process (6 months total).

Now I just have to wait for the work permit to come in the mail. Yay!
First of all congratulations to you:) and I can understand your actual happiness trust me:).I am 18 dec applicant and still waiting for the open work permit.I am from edmonton and where are you from?How did you contact the MP by email or phone?what did you write to him?please share with this forum.

regards
micky

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all,
I applied for PR under spousal inland category and my husband sponsored me. My application was received but sponsor approval has not been done yet. I want to apply for open work permit. I already have an open work permit that's about to expire. Now I'm confused about which one to use for open work permit application IMM5708 or IMM5710???? COuld you please help??

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
Hi, everyone
My lawyer sent application for open work permit on behalf of me couple days ago and the mail is on the way to destination ( I track it online) but I have detected that she sent mail to wrong address. Instead of putting :

CPC Vegreville
6212 -55th Avenue - Unit 777

She put:
CPC Vegreville
6272 -55th Avenue - Unit 202

She put wrong stuffs for both building number and unit number. I called Canada post and the lady told me there is no way to correct this mistake. The mail is always sent to address on the envelop (Can someone confirm this ?). Now I don't know what I can do everyone. I hope that Canada post will send mail back to me because wrong address. But I also worry that because postman sees CPC Vegreville on the envelop, he will direct my mail to CPC Vegreville even the address is wrong one. If this happens, my application will go to unit 202 and I do not know what happens. Or a terrible case that somebody living in 6272 will gets my mail and trash it because it is not for him/her. Can you give some advices. My lawyer told me she would go to Canada post tomorrow to do balalalaalalaa but I will not trust whatever she says anymore. A lot mistakes she made already and this will be the last time I use her service. I will solve this problem by myself. Thank you so much.

canimm2386

Mar 21, 2016
Hello All,

What number can I call to find out about thr status of my owp application?

Would highly appreciate a response.

Thanks!

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hello guys,
We received our DM letter a week ago and they said that the Calgary office will contact you with an appointment. We are still waiting for that.
Do you know about the following items:
1. How the Calgary office will contact us? is it via email, mail or a phone call?
2. How long does it usually take for the Calgary office to contact after receiving the DM letter?
3. After the interview, will they keep the passport to issue a visa for landing? or this is by itself a landing?

Thank you so much

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
daftpuff said:
Hi,

CIC received my application in December 2014 but all I've received from them is the acknowledgement letter, and my OWP through the pilot program. I still haven't gotten AIP. Is this normal?

On this thread there are some folk who submitted their apps after me but already got their DM letters and interviews. How come?
Hi daftpuff,
As a March 2015 applicant i am following the timeline and thread very carefully (almost stalker-ish!). If you check the google docs for the inland applications, you'll see that it doesn't follow a 'first-first first served' model. Whilst some from December, and many of January have started receiving AIP and DM, there are also those from November, and yourself in December, (even a few stragglers from Aug/Sep/Oct 2014 - no offence intended to those 'stragglers'!) that have not received theirs yet.
Keep optimistically waiting. I dont know if calling anyone would help as it is still all within the stated timeline.

chuphuc

Nov 17, 2015
My lawyer sent my application for Open Work Permit to wrong unit (unit 202) instead of unit 777. Do you think I can send a case specific enquire to ask CIC direct my application to unit 777 ? or What can I do ?
Thank you very much!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chuphuc said:
My lawyer sent my application for Open Work Permit to wrong unit (unit 202) instead of unit 777. Do you think I can send a case specific enquire to ask CIC direct my application to unit 777 ? or What can I do ?
Thank you very much!
I saw that you already posted about this on this thread and no one has replied. Maybe post a separate thread so that it doesn't get lost in between everyone else's comments and updates. :)

yangzhi861

Apr 5, 2016
My wife is going to summit her inland application. can she apply for a TRV while her application is in progress? Can anyone help? Thanks!

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
yangzhi861 said:
My wife is going to summit her inland application. can she apply for a TRV while her application is in progress? Can anyone help? Thanks!
What do you mean? if you are going to submit your inland application it means your wife is already in Canada and she is holding/entered canada as TRV.