Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
M.barakat said:
have a question.
I sent my PR inland application in June 2015 and after 8 months got AOR. Thank God.

My visa is going to expire in July 2016 and I would like to extend it I asked one consultant here as to if I can apply for OWP and they said No I should just apply for extending my TRV.

And wait for 25 months until I get my PR. Which looks to me is sucha long time without any status like I won't have my medicare card or be able to work if I plan in future. I'm confused that why did they say I should not apply for OWP the reason they gave is that by just having temporary resident status they will know you are not trying to steal citizens job just chill for 24 months??

Can please someone suggest me if I should apply for OWP and visa extension or both?
When you say "visitor visa" do you actually mean your travel visa or you mean 6-months duration of visitor status? If you maintained visitor status, you can apply for open work permit any time, no need to wait.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Applying For A New Temporary Resident Visa Within Canada

Hi, can anyone help me? I need to clarify something. After receiving OWP and having the status of a 'worker' while waiting for PR application
to get approved, are we eligible to apply TRV within Canada before leaving Canada? The office for this is Case Processing Centre Ottawa where students and foreign workers send their TRV application within Canada.

(I understand the risk of might get deny entering back into Canada by border service officer)

Has anyone try applying TRV within Canada with their OWP?

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent member for quite a while and this is my first post. i applied for inland on 13th September received 15th and got an email with UCI number on 16th December. Unfortunately, my work permit application was sent back to me on 30th December because of insufficient fees as i missed $155 receipt and only sent $100 when it was supposed to be $255 in total. Anyways it said that please send the entire application back with correct fees again and i did that on the same day i got it which was 30th December. They received it 4th jan and now the issue i have is that i checked that work permit form IMM5710 has been updated in October. Even though i have my form dated in September i am still very worried that if it is sent back to me i won't be able to apply again as i won't have legal status till then. I am from visa exempt country Australia and entered Canada on 24th July so the six month period was till 23rd of jan. Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

I sent in my app in Oct, 2015. I have already received my OWP, but still waiting for AOR.

My spouse ( the sponsor) will be on a business trip to China in late Apr or early May for about 3 weeks.
I am worried that if CIC request additional documents from us during the 3 weeks he's away, we won't have enough time to get all the documents ready and send them to CIC on time.
Do any of you know when CIC request additional documents, how much time do they normally give you to send the information needed in?
(we did send the police certificates and upfront medical along with the app)

Also, for my spouse's contact info, I left his Gmail address.However, as Gmail is censored and blocked by Chinese government, he will not be able to access that account at all while he's in China. Do you guys think we can use ECAS to check if there are any updates from CIC?

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisyli122 said:
Hi everyone,

I sent in my app in Oct, 2015. I have already received my OWP, but still waiting for AOR.

My spouse ( the sponsor) will be on a business trip to China in late Apr or early May for about 3 weeks.
I am worried that if CIC request additional documents from us during the 3 weeks he's away, we won't have enough time to get all the documents ready and send them to CIC on time.
Do any of you know when CIC request additional documents, how much time do they normally give you to send the information needed in?
(we did send the police certificates and upfront medical along with the app)

Also, for my spouse's contact info, I left his Gmail address.However, as Gmail is censored and blocked by Chinese government, he will not be able to access that account at all while he's in China. Do you guys think we can use ECAS to check if there are any updates from CIC?

Thank you!
I'm afraid that you have a long time to wait before CIC possibly asking for something. Since you applied in Oct 2015, CIC probably won't even start working on the sponsor's portion until sometime next year (~ March-April, based on the current processing times). This means that he should not worry about about missing anything from CIC while he's away.

Daisyli122

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Ponga said:
I'm afraid that you have a long time to wait before CIC possibly asking for something. Since you applied in Oct 2015, CIC probably won't even start working on the sponsor's portion until sometime next year (~ March-April, based on the current processing times). This means that he should not worry about about missing anything from CIC while he's away.
Thank you so much for you reply Ponga :)

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just wanted to share some good news!
I finally received letter of approval for sponsorship of my spouse. We applied Jan 15/2015 , so 14 months to get the first part started.
They just requested Medical for my husband.
Any news on how long the second part takes?

simonjsf

Jan 25, 2015
Good news! I'm a Oct 2nd applicant. I just got off the phone with the CIC. My OWP was approved yesterday and I should be receiving it sometime next week :D

crystallps

May 21, 2015
simonjsf said:
Good news! I'm a Oct 2nd applicant. I just got off the phone with the CIC. My OWP was approved yesterday and I should be receiving it sometime next week :D
Congrats, that is VERY exciting news for a lot of us!

I'm also Oct 2nd and as of last week no update. But my MP did get back to me and had me sign a form for CIC to release info to his office, so hopefully that will help move things along.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
chris1302 said:
So I just wanted to share some good news!
I finally received letter of approval for sponsorship of my spouse. We applied Jan 15/2015 , so 14 months to get the first part started.
They just requested Medical for my husband.
Any news on how long the second part takes?
What great news!!! Congrats. Keep us updatd!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Hi Sophiee, please update the spreadsheet.

Our address has been changed, we are currently in Toronto and have updated the information in the CIC website.

I received an email stating that I have met the requirements to be a sponsor on February 19, 2016.

On February 19, 2016 my husband has received one email stating he meets the requirement to be sponsored.
On March 1, 2016 he received another email stating that the application is completed and that CIC will send one last email to schedule an interview in the Etobicoke office.

We are now waiting for the interview to be set up and I will update you once more when it's all said and done.

Thanks Sophiee!
tdubokchoi
Hi,

Congrats on your DM! I'm sorry for the late answer, I don't have so much for the forum anymore. Please let me know when you receive your landing appointment. And congrats again! :)

On a side note, I'd like to encourage everyone who has updates to use the "New Entry and Update" sheet, many people regularly check and update it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pichratana said:
How can i get GCMS? Can anyone tell me pleas?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.k8ddeqc5qnkx

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
gill1770 said:
Hi everyone,

I have been a silent member for quite a while and this is my first post. i applied for inland on 13th September received 15th and got an email with UCI number on 16th December. Unfortunately, my work permit application was sent back to me on 30th December because of insufficient fees as i missed $155 receipt and only sent $100 when it was supposed to be $255 in total. Anyways it said that please send the entire application back with correct fees again and i did that on the same day i got it which was 30th December. They received it 4th jan and now the issue i have is that i checked that work permit form IMM5710 has been updated in October. Even though i have my form dated in September i am still very worried that if it is sent back to me i won't be able to apply again as i won't have legal status till then. I am from visa exempt country Australia and entered Canada on 24th July so the six month period was till 23rd of jan. Any suggestions will be much appreciated
You can apply for restoration of status until April 22nd. If you don't hear anything regarding your OWP by that date, I would apply for that.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
NadiaVan said:
Applying For A New Temporary Resident Visa Within Canada

Hi, can anyone help me? I need to clarify something. After receiving OWP and having the status of a 'worker' while waiting for PR application
to get approved, are we eligible to apply TRV within Canada before leaving Canada? The office for this is Case Processing Centre Ottawa where students and foreign workers send their TRV application within Canada.

(I understand the risk of might get deny entering back into Canada by border service officer)

Has anyone try applying TRV within Canada with their OWP?
You can apply with no problem
"Apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada"
(for some reason I wasn't able to include a link)
Select Canada as the country you are applying from.

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hello everyone. I'm an October 5th 2015 applicant. I just received my AOR last week and this morning I was surprised by an email from CIC asking me to do a medical examination within 30 days. I'm still waiting for my OWP (I submitted together with the sponsorship application). Is this weird? or has it happen to anyone? I booked everything already but im just confused why they want it so early. Could it be why I haven't received my OWP after 5 months of waiting? Any advice?

Thank you